in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-22-2011 5:16 AM by Beolab. 57 replies.
Page 3 of 3 (58 items) < Previous 1 2 3
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-18-2011 10:52 AM In reply to

• expoman
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • United States
    • Posts 222
    • Bronze Member

Re: New Products

Spoken like a true salesman. Smile

• 05-18-2011 4:13 PM In reply to

expoman:

Indeed! I'd like to hope that I shouldn't need to sell my BeoSystem 3 that isn't even a year and a half old yet. I'd certainly be willing to pay $1,000 to $2,000 for servicing to upgrade the HDMI 1.1 to HDMI 1.4, though.

• 05-18-2011 5:05 PM In reply to

At least if you did this you could make some claim that the product was now manufactured in whatever country you live in. 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 05-18-2011 5:28 PM In reply to

• Jez
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-13-2007
    • Posts 150
    • Bronze Member

Alex:

Ferrari doesn't need to worry about outsourcing manufacturing because there's always a demand for their product regardless of price.  Furthermore, buyers are always prepared to make a significant investment in an automobile.  Same applies to watches and jewelry.  Consumer electronics is a completely different animal.  Bang & Olufsen is simply doing exactly what they need to do to remain competitive in a rapidly changing market.

Not entirely true, Ferrari outsource thier brakes to Bremo, electronics to Magneti Marelli, Wheels to BBS, rubber is obviously outsourced as is the sound system and GPS system. Not to mention the design being outsourced and done by Pininfarina. However it's still majority made in house and assembled at Fearrari's home town Maranello. Not so with many new B&O products. You are right though, the demand for high performance sports cars has boomed. Look at the price jump from the old F430 to it's replacement 458 Italia or McLaren launching an entire car production, starting with the MP4-12C in a financial crisis! However home electronics has taken a different turn with many brands struggling or disapearing. It's the culture now to manufacture off shore in electronics, else you wont survive and as long as B&O survie then I'm happy Smile. As long as the quality is still there and the brands values don't change then i'll always be a fan and use their products. I was sceptical of the BS8 at first but if I wasn't told it was made in China I wouldn't have known, it's a psychological thing I guess.

• 05-19-2011 11:42 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • New York, NY
    • Posts 176
    • Bronze Member

beojeff:

expoman:

Indeed! I'd like to hope that I shouldn't need to sell my BeoSystem 3 that isn't even a year and a half old yet. I'd certainly be willing to pay $1,000 to $2,000 for servicing to upgrade the HDMI 1.1 to HDMI 1.4, though.

I'm sorry I didn't realize being honest could be interpreted as a sales pitch.  Ask your store when the parts are available and you'll get the same answer.  You're simply not going to be able to update it for $1,000 or $2,000 so you might not want to get your hopes up.  And again as I mentioned in a previous thread none of the HDMI 1.4 goodies besides 3D passthrough will be present so unless you have a 3D panel that will handle the signal there's no point in upgrading.

Store Manager Bang & Olufsen Broadway 927 Broadway New York, NY 10010
  • 05-19-2011 11:47 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • New York, NY
    • Posts 176
    • Bronze Member

Jez:

Alex:

Ferrari doesn't need to worry about outsourcing manufacturing because there's always a demand for their product regardless of price.  Furthermore, buyers are always prepared to make a significant investment in an automobile.  Same applies to watches and jewelry.  Consumer electronics is a completely different animal.  Bang & Olufsen is simply doing exactly what they need to do to remain competitive in a rapidly changing market.

Not entirely true, Ferrari outsource thier brakes to Bremo, electronics to Magneti Marelli, Wheels to BBS, rubber is obviously outsourced as is the sound system and GPS system. Not to mention the design being outsourced and done by Pininfarina. However it's still majority made in house and assembled at Fearrari's home town Maranello. Not so with many new B&O products. You are right though, the demand for high performance sports cars has boomed. Look at the price jump from the old F430 to it's replacement 458 Italia or McLaren launching an entire car production, starting with the MP4-12C in a financial crisis! However home electronics has taken a different turn with many brands struggling or disapearing. It's the culture now to manufacture off shore in electronics, else you wont survive and as long as B&O survie then I'm happy Smile. As long as the quality is still there and the brands values don't change then i'll always be a fan and use their products. I was sceptical of the BS8 at first but if I wasn't told it was made in China I wouldn't have known, it's a psychological thing I guess.

The operative word in my original statement was outsourcing manufacturing, not parts! Afterall, it's 2011 ... there isnt a manufacturer on the planet that doesn't source parts or materials from someone else!

Store Manager Bang & Olufsen Broadway 927 Broadway New York, NY 10010
  • 05-20-2011 6:17 AM In reply to

• Jez
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-13-2007
    • Posts 150
    • Bronze Member

Yes, I understand the fundamental difference but it's much the same thing. An entire car stereo is more than just a part. McLaren's entire engine is made by Riccardo, that's more than just a part. Sure it's one part of the car and not the entire unit, but we're not talking wire loom here. Designed by McLaren and manufactured to their spec by an outsource. Why? Because it's cheaper, the same reason B&O have taken the same path. Like I said before, if the quality is still there....

• 05-22-2011 5:16 AM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

I think Bv7-40 3D and 7-55 3D with USB??

BL8000 MkII Black

Page 3 of 3 (58 items) < Previous 1 2 3