in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-13-2011 1:46 PM by Tod Daniel. 29 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-10-2011 4:14 AM

• BenSA
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Durban, South Africa
    • Posts 808
    • Gold Member

Well done B&O!!!

• 05-10-2011 4:42 AM In reply to

Re: Well done B&O!!!

20 years ago the BeoCenter 2500 relaunched B&O... seems like the BS8 is going to do the same...

The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

• 05-10-2011 4:56 AM In reply to

That is quite an achievement for an iPod dock at that price!

Congratulations to B&O for remaking the sucess of Beocenter 2500, Beomaster 900 and Beogram 4000!

Beocenter 9300, Beogam CD50, Beocord 5500, Beomaster 3400, Beomaster 4400, 2 Beogram 4000, Beomaster 8000, 2 beogram 8002, Beovox S-75, Beovox MS150.2, Beovox RL6000, Beovox S-35, Beomaster 6000, 2 Beocord 9000, Beocord 8004, Beocord 5000, Form 1, 2x Beolink 1000, Beo4, MX3500, LS4500. Born 1993.

• 05-10-2011 5:58 AM In reply to

Just noticed it is sold on the Apple Store online in the US:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/H5048LL/A?mco=MjIwNDIxNjA

Reviews are really good.

• 05-10-2011 7:40 AM In reply to

Well done B&O and thank you Apple!!!  It think it definately goes to prove the way that we are listening to music! I do think that B&O are right in making their products 'Apple' friendly - this has proved it! Could we see a cheaper priced version of the BeoVision 10 next please...

• 05-10-2011 8:02 AM In reply to

Congratulations B and O!

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 05-10-2011 12:09 PM In reply to

Great news!

Doesn't really seem to have lifted the share price though.......... it's the sort of thing that they should have sent out as news via the Copenhagen Stock Exchange rather than wait for it to be a statistic in the half yearly report.

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 05-10-2011 12:41 PM In reply to

Nice. My dealer is very pleased with the BeoSound 8, he says they are literally flying out the door.

• 05-11-2011 2:03 AM In reply to

• benjnz
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Auckland NZ
    • Posts 392
    • Gold Member

Paul Winn:

Could we see a cheaper priced version of the BeoVision 10 next please...

Congrats B&O and couldn't agree more with above! Big Smile

• 05-11-2011 3:57 AM In reply to

I popped into my dealer today ... and they were in the process of unpack two pallets of BS8s ... 20 boxes waiting to be snapped up Laughing

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 05-11-2011 4:01 AM In reply to

This is good news for B&O, now I hope they get the message clearly:

- the pricing played an important role in making sales go that high, in B&O world at least

- the fact they made a product for an Apple device shows they should collaborate more with Apple in general (remember the BS5 Encore/Apple Lossless debate..?)Big Smile

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 05-11-2011 7:06 AM In reply to

Totally agree with Chrisreunion!

I wonder if B&O will release a real high end version of BS8 in the not too distant future maybe with ALT technology?

• 05-11-2011 10:49 AM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Yes, Congrats B&O!

Thats quite a lot of product. Hopefully there are some other teenage B&O enthusiasts now and I will have someone to talk to! Wink

Evan

• 05-11-2011 1:50 PM In reply to

Good point Evan! This product will hopefully introduce the brand to a young, cool affluent crowd! Clever marketing is needed now. Let's see B&O in cool young cars like MINI.  It's all very well having them in Aston Martin or Audi A8s etc but let's be honest who can afford an Aston? Not exactly a future young B&O customer!

I'm very happy for B&O - well done! And well done to Apple too! 20million iPads sold in 1 year - incredible (just think if just .5% of those customers bought BS8s!!!)

• 05-11-2011 2:35 PM In reply to

Paul Winn:

Totally agree with Chrisreunion!

I wonder if B&O will release a real high end version of BS8 in the not too distant future maybe with ALT technology?

I agree as well.

Paul Winn - Are you the same Paul Winn who posted on the B&O facebook page yesterday about how dissapointed you were the product was made in China?

Which do you believe? That it should be made to a price point to attract new people to the brand, or that it should be built in Denmark and cost more?   There's no way you could build 25000 of these in Denmark in 6 months without them costing a lot more than they do now, so your 2 comments seem to contradict each other.

If there's another Paul Winn, then obviously the above is not relevant

• 05-11-2011 3:56 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

They should do very well in China - the shipping costs should be quite reasonable!DevilLaughing

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 05-11-2011 4:12 PM In reply to

• Step1
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-06-2008
    • Manchester
    • Posts 961
    • Gold Member

Very good news and lets hope this continues for the foreseable future!

Olly.

• 05-11-2011 10:41 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Paul Winn:

Good point Evan! This product will hopefully introduce the brand to a young, cool affluent crowd! Clever marketing is needed now. Let's see B&O in cool young cars like MINI.  It's all very well having them in Aston Martin or Audi A8s etc but let's be honest who can afford an Aston? Not exactly a future young B&O customer!

I'm very happy for B&O - well done! And well done to Apple too! 20million iPads sold in 1 year - incredible (just think if just .5% of those customers bought BS8s!!!)

Yes, there aren't many youthful B&O products out there, but this definitely shows interest in the demographic. I think the new vibrant colors of the A8 earbuds were done to match up with popular active/sports wear and such like.

As far as the car audio goes, they are already moving in that direction. The latest addition was BMW, even though they have only debuted a system for the 6 series, the typical procedure does include starting at the top and working their way down the product line (much like they did with Audi: A8, A5, Q7 and then Q5 to name a few, recently there was a concept drawing of the new A3 with ALTs!). So who knows, maybe B&O will hit the ever popular 3 series and get down to a reasonable level.

I can't take my BeoLab 5000s to the dorm, maybe I should work on getting a BeoSound 8! HmmLaughing

Evan

• 05-12-2011 3:45 AM In reply to

I hope B&O analyses this succerss very well. the BS8 is still around double price of competitors product but it brings some additional benefit from Sound and design. So people are willing to pay a premium if there is something unique.

B&O prices for many other products are simply out of bounds (BV7, BV6, BS5). Even if they have some uniqueness regarding Design, Masterlink or STB controls they are 3-4 times the price of competitors (and not double as they were in the past). Apart from price they are missing some key features as HDD recording on a USB. So the range of persons buying these very expensive products is quite limited.

I think the next generation of B&O products should be more like the BS8. Stylish, something special but with all up to date feature at a price not much more than double the price of competitors.

BeoVision 8-40 / BeoVision 8-32 / Beovision 6-26 / BeoSound 3200 / BeoSound 1 / BeoLab 3 /  Beolab 6000 / Beolab 2000 / Beoport / Beomedia 1 / 3* Beo4 /BeoCom 5 with VOIP

• 05-12-2011 7:12 AM In reply to

A lot of us have said for YEARS that bno should embrace Apple rather than trying to fight them.

The success of this product seems to have proven us right.

Next add Airplay ! ( or save that for mk2 ?? )

• 05-12-2011 8:04 AM In reply to

• AdamS
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • South UK
    • Posts 72
    • Silver Member

Whilst I am as delighted as anyone else to see B&O doing well, am I really the only one who is ever so slightly depressed that B&O's best ever selling product turns out to be a Chinese-made ghettoblaster, albeit one that looks distinctive and sounds quite good?!

• 05-12-2011 8:07 AM In reply to

Totally agree with Flappo and Heribert. Once you've used an Apple computer you'd never want to go back to Windows. I've been using them since 1995!

Totally agree with pricing. I remember when a B&O was twice the price of a quality product for example Technics/Panasonic.  Why it is 5 to 6 times the price now, I really cannot explain except for the words HUGE MARK UP!

Anyway we shall see what the new boss has up his sleeve!

• 05-12-2011 4:28 PM In reply to

I welcome here many more new B&O enthousiasts! My tip: Try the B&O APP and test also speakers BeoLab 9 and the 5 and the 3

• 05-12-2011 5:39 PM In reply to

Hey Multimedia Robert yes I definately fancy a pair or maybe 2 pairs of BeoLab 3s in white.  Definately no thanks to the 5s or 9s though - they are sooooooooooooooo ugly (im sure a few B&O enthusiasts are crying now!

I must say though my favourite place is not my home to listen to music now but in my MINI Cooper on country roads speeding off to the Lake District once a week or visiting home late on a friday night! I guess ive got a real adventure free spirit and this does it for me along with the iPod connected to the Harman Kardon 8 speaker system.  Now in B&O were to do a nice speaker system for the MINI...

• 05-12-2011 7:14 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

It's a tragedy, I also listen to music more in my car than at home. Now that many many people also due this, we are now seeing the auto-audio market sector explode!

Like you Paul, I love listening to music in my car. It's getting harder to drive for fun now that gas is taking a hike. I have a Honda Accord coupe and 7spkr Fostex audio :-D

Evan

Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 1 2 Next >