in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-13-2011 1:46 PM by Tod Daniel. 29 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-12-2011 8:40 PM In reply to

Re: Well done B&O!!!

Ha Evan you should try living in the UK, our petrol is over 10$ a gallon!!! Yes I love my music more on the move now as I love the great outdoors and whilst at University really got the travel bug! I guess when im old i can sit in my home and listen to my hifi but for now I love the way I can take my entire collection on my iPod whether im in France skiing, running on a beach, chillin in the Maldives or simply running home after a tough bodybuilding workout in the gym (which is what ive just done)

PS Cool system in ur car there buddy!

Music is at the end of the day 'a soundtrack to your life' and that means it has to travel with you :)

• 05-12-2011 10:27 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Well Paul, we might soon overtake you in the petrol prices with the way things are going here. I've gotten a lot of flack regarding whining about gas prices. Laughing Good thing you have yourself a Mini! Must be cramped in that thing with 8 speakers! WinkLaughing

I really like having all of my music with me too. I spend waaay too much time in my car and am very thankful Honda put in such a great effort into the audio.

Here at the end of my day I plant myself in my listening chair listening to my 'Labs while the iPod shuffles away. Cool

Evan

• 05-13-2011 6:44 AM In reply to

Hey Evan yep the MINI is awesome. Its like driving a go kart and is full of character. I had an Audi A4 before that which did everything right but had no soul! And before that a couple of BMW 3 series.  The MINI is incredibly spacious and im 6ft 1    The Harman Kardon speaker system is built into the car when the car was ordered from new so the speakers are totally hidden - actually it is a 10 speaker system as the tweeters are built into the padding near to the windscreen, mid range are high up in the door and woofers lower in the door. The other woofers and tweeters are mounted in the side rear part of the car. The amazing part of the system is the bass and the high volume without any distortion - very well thought out!

Im sure the MINI will have B&O option in time due to the BMW partnership with B&O. Cars like Audi A8s etc are my absolute nightmare as I have to have a car that I drive rather than a car that drives me!

• 05-13-2011 1:08 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

And let me guess, you drive around blasting at crazy volumes all the time, right?! Laughing

It must be a small car thing, because I previously had a Civic coupe and much prefer it to my Accord. Even though the stereo isn't as good!!

I wish all people on dedicated car forums were so pleasant to talk to. I used to belong to about 4 and they can all be quite hostile places.

Evan

• 05-13-2011 1:46 PM In reply to

The Civic coupe is a real nice car - yep my best friend used to have one and now he's copied me with a Black MINI Cooper! Yes I do have my music loud in the car but thats because its easy to get lost in music when it's loud - same when im wearing my BEATS Solo HD headphones!!!

As I live in an apartment it's not really appreciated by my neighbours to have loud music lol! I will probably get a BeoSound 8 in the Autumn but I can quite happily live without one at the moment as Summers on its way so i'll be surfing and mountain biking on my evenings and weekends!

Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2