in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-13-2011 6:21 AM by BenSA. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-12-2011 4:22 PM

• BenSA
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Durban, South Africa
    • Posts 808
    • Gold Member

Beomaster 6500 flashing number segments

The numbers on the display on my BM6500 have seemed to have gone faulty! The segments that make up the numbers flash randomly. Somtimes they disappear at times. It only started doing it tonight whilst listening to the radio. The radio number was flash erracticly all of a sudden. I haven't put a proper aerial so the signal wasn't that great and was making the loudness flash. The loudness light works fine though.

Anyone have any ideas. Quite annoyed as I got this one all the way from Germany.

Thanks

Ben

Durban South Africa

• 04-13-2011 12:28 AM In reply to

• BenSA
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Durban, South Africa
    • Posts 808
    • Gold Member

Re: Beomaster 6500 flashing number segments

Well I woke up this morning, put the Beomaster on and it works perfectly?? Who knows what happened. I think I need to get a proper aerial for it.

Lets hope it doesn't occur again!

Durban South Africa

• 04-13-2011 3:19 AM In reply to

I'm sure the antenna has nothing to do with it.

It may have been just a temporary confusion in the processor, caused by some random event like a tiny AC power drop. If it happens again, try unplugging from mains for a while so it will reset properly.

If the erratic behaviour continues, it may be contact problems in the connectors between the CPU module and the front panel, or the CPU announcing it might want some capacitors replaced.

-mika

• 04-13-2011 6:21 AM In reply to

• BenSA
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Durban, South Africa
    • Posts 808
    • Gold Member

tournedos:

I'm sure the antenna has nothing to do with it.

It may have been just a temporary confusion in the processor, caused by some random event like a tiny AC power drop. If it happens again, try unplugging from mains for a while so it will reset properly.

If the erratic behaviour continues, it may be contact problems in the connectors between the CPU module and the front panel, or the CPU announcing it might want some capacitors replaced.

Thank Mika.....sigh....so demanding these B&O's lol!!

Durban South Africa

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)