in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-08-2011 10:15 AM by Søren Mexico. 16 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-08-2011 4:26 PM

First time bad feedback on Ebay

After 249 good feedbacks I've received the first negative as a seller.

What happened?

Just before the auction ended buyer (highest bidder) asked me if he could cancel the deal.

I said to him that this was okay and asked him politely to take action to cancel it (not sure if that was possible for buyers ).

Anyway, nothing happened and the auction ended. So, immediately after the auction has ended I send him an invoice because I thought that maybe he changed his mind. Then again I saw the option that I could open a dispute and was able to cancel the deal with this buyer (just to help him)! Next action was (Ebay rules) that buyer has to agree with my offer and he accepted. Fine, he is happy and me, well, I didn't sold my Beolabs, but that's okay.

Now, after a few days this As..... gave me bad feedback. It's in French and it sounds bad! What can I do? I'm really pis... offSuper Angry and dissapointed at the same time.

B&O item 1, B&O item 2, B&O item 3,...................B&O item 735

Beovirus? What's that?

• 04-08-2011 5:13 PM In reply to

Re: First time bad feedback on Ebay

Its a shame when someone changes their mind and you get the negative feedback!  there's possibly nothing that can be done! You could ask to withdraw the feedback.

• 04-08-2011 5:33 PM In reply to

I opened a case in the resolution center and asked buyer why he did that (have to follow Ebay rules). Stupid, it's like talking to a tree.

He has 10 days to respond and then I should have the possibility through Ebay to remove the negative feedback from this person! In the mean time people are reading this negative feedbackAngry

Beovirus? What's that?

• 04-08-2011 5:35 PM In reply to

Leslie, try to fight this one, it must be posible somehow, you may have the mails saved, and if so Ebay must react on your claim, dont let it go.

Its important for all honest sellers and buyers

Beosound 3000, BL 4000, BL 8000, BG 2404,BG 5000, BG CD50, Beocord 5000, BM 901, BM 2400, BM 4000, BV S45, BV 3702. There is nothing we cannot do, but a lot of things we don't want to do!!

• 04-08-2011 5:39 PM In reply to

Thanks Søren, I'm working on it...

Beovirus? What's that?

• 04-08-2011 5:45 PM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

As long as messages have been kept I wouldn't worry.

And don't mind about potential buyers. Your feedback speaks for it self!!! A negative with all the other positives is just a drop in the ocean!!

Best regards

Spiros

• 04-09-2011 2:24 AM In reply to

Pffff.... Buyer apoligized and removed the negative feedback. Feedback was ment for another seller!

Beovirus? What's that?

• 04-09-2011 7:37 AM In reply to

• stotty1111
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-16-2007
    • UK / France - Nth Worcestershire/Finistere
    • Posts 924
    • Gold Member

Sh1t happens but hey you got it sorted --  well done!!

tony

I always try to operate using/following the KISS principle --  Keep it simple stupid!

• 04-09-2011 1:44 PM In reply to

Well done Leslie, 100 % pos. feedback and you deserve it

Beosound 3000, BL 4000, BL 8000, BG 2404,BG 5000, BG CD50, Beocord 5000, BM 901, BM 2400, BM 4000, BV S45, BV 3702. There is nothing we cannot do, but a lot of things we don't want to do!!

• 04-09-2011 2:44 PM In reply to

Embarrassed

Beovirus? What's that?

• 04-10-2011 2:03 PM In reply to

I just tend to turn up with a big stick.................. :-)

You can also (after a bit of trying to find it) leave comments about other peoples feedback, had one recently that didn't relaise Postage & Packaging was different to what the Royal Mail charged me!

The great unwashed eh!

As Kenny Everet would have said

"We need to round them up, put them in a field and bo..........."

Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill!!!

• 04-10-2011 8:36 PM In reply to

I have 492 positive feedback and 1 negative feedback...

The guy that left me the negative won the auction he was bidding for. I'm located in Australia and he is in America.

Immediately after the auction ended he paid for the item and added only $5 for international shipping. I sent him an email stating that the actual shipping cost was $19.

He sent me an abusive email stating I was trying to rip him off! I replied outlining the fact that it was international shipping and that the item required insurance as it was a piece of jewellery. I even included the link to the Australia Post website showing the cost.

He then said he didn't want to go through with the sale, so I refunded his money. The day after he got his refund he left me negative feedback saying I was trying to extort him with excess postage charges!!!

To top that off, I relisted the item and he asked if he could buy it from me with a discount postage cost!!!

I guess it just goes to show that despite every effort you make to do the right thing, there's always 1 idiot out there waiting to screw it all up for you...

I have to wait 12 months before it disapppears from my feedback Super Angry

Buyer: Extortion for shipping

07-Aug-10 14:20 Feedback conversation
    • Reply by jldmelb (09-Aug-10 08:04):
      Buyer only wanted to pay $5 insured intl post I refuse & get neg fb very unfair

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 04-11-2011 12:44 AM In reply to

Reading your comment on the negative feedback you got explains enough!

And as Spiros said, it's just a very tiny drop in the ocean....

Beovirus? What's that?

• 04-11-2011 4:46 AM In reply to

Jonathan:

The guy that left me the negative won the auction he was bidding for. I'm located in Australia and he is in America.

Immediately after the auction ended he paid for the item and added only $5 for international shipping. I sent him an email stating that the actual shipping cost was $19.

He probably thought Australia is somewhere in Kentucky... Laughing

-mika

• 04-11-2011 9:03 AM In reply to

tournedos:
    He probably thought Australia is somewhere in Kentucky...

It isn't? Confused

OOPS! Everything is upside down DOWN UNDER!

• B&o bottle opener
  • 05-08-2011 9:48 AM In reply to

• pbda
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2011
    • London
    • Posts 9
    • Gold Member

tournedos:

Jonathan:

He probably thought Australia is somewhere in Kentucky... Laughing

Now, now, be kind...some of us Yanks even have passports and live abroad.  Big Smile

• 05-08-2011 10:15 AM In reply to

pbda:
    Now, now, be kind...some of us Yanks even have passports and live abroad.  Big Smile

You can take a man out of Kentucky, but you cant get Kentucky out of the man Laughing

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)