in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-19-2011 7:23 AM by ReeGar. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-18-2011 11:54 AM

• ReeGar
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-18-2011
    • London, UK
    • Posts 3
    • Silver Member

Beosystem 5500 rescued from loft

I have a Beosystem 5500 + Beocord 6500 + the Master Control Unit.

Having finally decided to retrieve these items and set them up once again, not all is well.

Both the Beogram and Radio on the Beomaster perform with no problems, volume adjusts properly and all dials etc light-up. However both the tape recorder and CD player have the same problem, namely:

output level lights are on and move with the music, the tape advances and I presume that the CD also, but no sound whatsoever: as the other sources do produce sound I suppose it is not the mute button.

At this point I should mention that I am outputting to another amp from the pre-amp phono outlets on the Beomaster as I no longer have suitable loudspeakers.

Any ideas would be welcome.

Thanks. BTW a great site that I have only just found since experiencing this problem.

• 03-18-2011 12:15 PM In reply to

Re: Beosystem 5500 rescued from loft

Silly thought - are they plugged into the correct sockets?

• 03-18-2011 12:59 PM In reply to

• ReeGar
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-18-2011
    • London, UK
    • Posts 3
    • Silver Member

Hi Peter,

I know I'm getting on a bit, after all I bought this kit when it came out eons ago, and I need glasses for everything and I have fingers like bananas, but I never thought that I was losing it so completely as to plug cables into the wrong sockets: but I am and I did.

Thanks a million for pointing out the first thing I should have checked out properly.

Now that I can actually listen to all the components, I still have a problem with the tape player. Not only is there a slight slowness in the speed (loose band?), the drawer also sticks on opening and closing. Is there an easy fix for these problems.

Regards,

• 03-18-2011 1:43 PM In reply to

Try cleaning and lubricating first - if no joy, Martin (Dillen on site) can supply new belts.

• 03-18-2011 4:47 PM In reply to

• Rich
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-10-2010
    • Orlando, Florida, USA
    • Posts 1,089
    • Gold Member

Welcome to the site.

Current primary listening:  SMMC20EN -> BG4002 -> BM4000 -> Beovox M70

• 03-18-2011 6:39 PM In reply to

The Beocord 5000 family of deck are probably the easiest of all the Beocorf decks to service. Placing the worn belts is actually pretty easy. However, if they have disintergrated into a pile of black goop you have a heck of a job in front of you cleaning all that mess up.

• 03-19-2011 7:23 AM In reply to

• ReeGar
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-18-2011
    • London, UK
    • Posts 3
    • Silver Member

Thanks for all your comments.

I was slow getting back due to the time difference: I am in London, UK.

I'll let you know how I get on with opening up the cassette player and doing a spot of cleaning etc.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)