in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-21-2011 10:04 AM by BeoFab. 29 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-16-2011 4:25 AM

• dueno
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-29-2007
    • bordeaux
    • Posts 147
    • Founder

new TV this year

what are the new Tv expected this year?

BV10-55?

BV11(new video platform)?What size?

thanks

never explain never complain

• 03-16-2011 8:51 AM In reply to

• Peter
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-28-2009
    • Sweden
    • Posts 134
    • Bronze Member

Re: new TV this year

Hi Dueno,

I thought this thread would explode with speculations. :-)

I'm also excited to hear more about what will come out this year regarding TVs... Would love a 46'' on a motorized floorstand, with built in Blu-Ray, STB, hard drive, ethernet/WLan, and an upgradeable user interface with apps..Smart TV/Google TV/ Apple TV ??

Getting ready to sell my car for one! ;-)

/Peter 

• 03-16-2011 9:17 AM In reply to

• symmes
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Freedonia
    • Posts 290
    • Bronze Member

Peter:

Hi Dueno,

I thought this thread would explode with speculations. :-)

I'm also excited to hear more about what will come out this year regarding TVs... Would love a 46'' on a motorized floorstand, with built in Blu-Ray, STB, hard drive, ethernet/WLan, and an upgradeable user interface with apps..Smart TV/Google TV/ Apple TV ??

Getting ready to sell my car for one! ;-)

/Peter 

The sheep (or were those goats?) told me more.  4D and Smell-o-Vision, every component (including screen) hand made by pixies in Denmark, speakers broken-in for 6 months, free lifetime upgrades by speaking a code into a hidden microphone, and you choose whether David Lewis or Jony Ivie comes to your home and hand paints the frame to match your decor. $3000.  Available next week in limited supply ;-)

• 03-16-2011 11:06 AM In reply to

Splendid explanation..........keep dreaming Sleep

• 03-16-2011 11:07 AM In reply to

Splendid explanation..........keep dreaming Sleep

• 03-16-2011 2:37 PM In reply to

Roger/ trip....come on share it with usDevil

• 03-16-2011 8:49 PM In reply to

symmes:
    ...free lifetime upgrades...

LIFETIME??? ONLY LIFETIME??? WHAT ARE MY GRANDCHILDREN SUPPOSED TO DO? ANOTHER DISAPPOINTMENT FROM BANG. THEY SHOULD JUST LET APPLE BUY THEM ALREADY. 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 03-17-2011 11:16 AM In reply to

• Peter
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-28-2009
    • Sweden
    • Posts 134
    • Bronze Member

Hey Trip.. Give us a little hint...so we know something about what to expect. :-)

Maybe it will make our dreams more realistic..

(.. and so we can start the budget negotiations at home..)

• 03-17-2011 12:10 PM In reply to

• symmes
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Freedonia
    • Posts 290
    • Bronze Member

TripEnglish:

LIFETIME??? ONLY LIFETIME??? WHAT ARE MY GRANDCHILDREN SUPPOSED TO DO? ANOTHER DISAPPOINTMENT FROM BANG. THEY SHOULD JUST LET APPLE BUY THEM ALREADY. 

As much as it pains me to say this, had I listened to Flappo (and not my broker) and bought stock when he began proclaiming his man-crush on Steve Jobs, I would be in a position to buy B&O.  And I would also now be in a position to buy the rights from Peter Marks for his acoustic lens implants. Ooops, I let that one slip out.

• 03-17-2011 7:14 PM In reply to

symmes:

And I would also now be in a position to buy the rights from Peter Marks for his acoustic lens implants. Ooops, I let that one slip out.

Stop bashing Australians, I'm going to report you to BT UK Stick out tongue

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 03-17-2011 7:18 PM In reply to

symmes:
    As much as it pains me to say this, had I listened to Flappo (and not my broker) and bought stock when he began proclaiming his man-crush on Steve Jobs, I would be in a position to buy B&O.  And I would also now be in a position to buy the rights from Peter Marks for his acoustic lens implants. Ooops, I let that one slip out.

This entire post logged. PLease reason to be with cruelty. You do about joking??

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 03-17-2011 7:26 PM In reply to

TripEnglish:

symmes:

This entire post logged. PLease reason to be with cruelty. You do about joking??

I'm going to patent Lego and build a BT house around you. You should be appaled at the behavior from yours...

Find an IQ before you lie again... go away, why have you any interest? You bet I avoid morons like yourself.

Ask you remove yourself immediatedly before I demand.

Again my sincere apologies but you really should slap those on your site who so casually insult and hound.

Get a job as clearly your hobby is to attack others...

want an IQ battle? I write Novels and play with the English language...

Prove you've a reason to earthwalk.

• 03-17-2011 7:51 PM In reply to

• symmes
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Freedonia
    • Posts 290
    • Bronze Member

Jonathan:

TripEnglish:

symmes:

I'm going to patent Lego and build a BT house around you. You should be appaled at the behavior from yours...

Find an IQ before you lie again... go away, why have you any interest? You bet I avoid morons like yourself.

Again my sincere apologies but you really should slap those on your site who so casually insult and hound.

2 points that make you insane.

1. I already said I didn't buy Apple stock and so now I am poor, so your insane acuse sation now proves your are IQless.

2. Melbourne Florida born in 1867 and Melbourne Australia born in 1835 so patent infringement is by them, and you will spend the rest of your life buiding a Lego wall around it.  And Lego walls won't keep a kangaroo out of your garden, anyway, so Hah!  

• 03-17-2011 7:56 PM In reply to

symmes:

Jonathan:

TripEnglish:

symmes:

1. I already said I didn't buy Apple stock and so now I am poor, so your insane acuse sation now proves your are IQless.

2. Melbourne Florida born in 1867 and Melbourne Australia born in 1835 so patent infringement is by them, and you will spend the rest of your life buiding a Lego wall around it.  And Lego walls won't keep a kangaroo out of your garden, anyway, so Hah!  

Whoa back a sec there, I was joking!! You've not read the famous Peter MARKS thread?

See http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/38383.aspx 

Sorry, I was gagging along with Trip...

My apologies

• 03-17-2011 8:03 PM In reply to

Am I the only one who don't understand what this thread has evolved into??? Confused

• 03-17-2011 8:08 PM In reply to

*ahem* sorry, back to the OP

There has been mention of a new 55' TV coming this year. I thought I read somewhere that it was 3D???

This would obviously need to be confirmed or denied...

• 03-17-2011 8:09 PM In reply to

• symmes
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Freedonia
    • Posts 290
    • Bronze Member

Jonathan:

symmes:

Jonathan:

TripEnglish:

symmes:

Whoa back a sec there, I was joking!! You've not read the famous Peter MARKS thread?

See http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/38383.aspx 

Sorry, I was gagging along with Trip...

My apologies

Surely you didn't think I was serious?  Completely tongue in cheek here, Jonathan!!!  OF COURSE I read the Peter Marks thread.  

OK, I am done, and will resort back to trying to act mature.  Darn it.  Unless you are pulling my string, in which case, you got me.

Cheers.

• 03-17-2011 8:21 PM In reply to

Oh -thank you for the link. Now I've read the Peter Marks thread...He was quick in and... out! Big Smile

Maybe the shortest time on the forum ever DevilLaughing

• 03-18-2011 9:47 AM In reply to

But it was a lot of fun.

A hilarious mix of an australian Shakespeare in absinthe and the Doc from Back to the FutureBig Smile

• 03-19-2011 6:25 AM In reply to

man-crush ?

grow up fer god sakes

• 03-19-2011 6:27 AM In reply to

so what earth shattering tv's can we expect this year , then ?

a solid gold bv7 maybe or a sapphire encrusted one button remote ?

• 03-19-2011 6:55 AM In reply to

• Electrified
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-05-2009
    • Greater Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 404
    • Bronze Member

Flappo:

so what earth shattering tv's can we expect this year , then ?

a solid gold bv7 maybe or a sapphire encrusted one button remote ?

I know you're joking in an effort to get back on track, but I like my tv's to be fairly boring. They're big and ugly as it is (yes, I just bought a BV10 32", but it's still big and ugly - it's only pretty as far as tellies in general goes), so the less it brings attention to itself when off, the better.

If it were possible without having to close non-existant curtains in my home, I'd have a small hole in one of the walls and use the opposing wall as the canvas. That way it would be "non-existant" when it wasn't on. Okay, it may look weird having a small center speaker with nothing above it, but I guess I could live with that.

• 03-19-2011 10:26 AM In reply to

Electrified,

Something similar to what you mention does exist. Imagine a framed picture, the canvas inside with the art rolls down and reveals a hidden plasma or LCD screen. When done watching tv the art rolls automatically up again and looks just as a regular painting.

I can't remember the brand though.

• 03-19-2011 3:23 PM In reply to

Off the thread topic, but related to Electrified's comment:

We're in the process of building out a master suite with a projector where the gear is practically invisible, including the speakers. The projector drops from a lift, the screen drops from a pocket, and the speakers are flush mount Sonance Architectural which have no flange or reveal of any type. The most discreet yet high-performance system I've done. 

You could theoretically do this on a cheaper scale and get the same effect if you just left a wall blank and did stereo speakers in the wall or ceiling. Decent projectors aren't that much more expensive than TVs. You just have to control daylight in the room.

• 03-19-2011 7:06 PM In reply to

I've been told that the BV8-40 mkII was planned in november 2010...now it is march 2011Sad

Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 1 2 Next >