in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-11-2011 5:09 PM by Steffen. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-08-2011 8:25 AM

• Ph2003
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 03-08-2011
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

Beovision Avant screen lines

Hi Guys,

I have a Beovision Avant TV which has a lines on the screen. Pls see the attached photo for the model and my problem. I am not a technical guy and there is very few knowledge about these TV's where i live in. So i wonder if anyone can help me to solve my problem in simple words :-)

Tnx in advance

• 03-08-2011 12:02 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Re: Beovision Avant screen lines

Ph2003:

So i wonder if anyone can help me to solve my problem in simple words :-)

Your TV tube has gone - you need a new one.  This TV really isn't worth repairing.  

Indifferent

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 03-09-2011 4:38 AM In reply to

• Step1
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-06-2008
    • Manchester
    • Posts 961
    • Gold Member

Isn't this either too high eht or a blanking problem Lee? I personally wouldn't have thought the tube could force this issue but then from what I understand the Avant tube is a strange and troublesome beast!

Olly.

• 03-09-2011 4:56 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Sorry for jumping the gun - you may be correct, but experience tells me the tube aint happy.

1) It's an early curved screen model - so it's old and about due to go 'pop'

2) The fly lines are something i've seen so many times they're like an old friend..

3) I've never met an engineer that's cured them - unless a new tube was fitted of course.

Lee

Smile

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 03-15-2011 7:17 PM In reply to

It IS possible to adjust, so the "flyback" lines (or "retrace lines") disappear...I have done it on my BV 3, with a little help from another Beoworld member (thank You). Yes -  thumbs up
    Anyway -the lines on my TV did not look quite like the ones on your picture. On my BV 3 there were green lines -only visible when the picture was very dark. 
    It's not the same tube as the early Avant, but the problem is quite common on old CRT's. Maybe it is a sign, that the tube is "dying" -but mine is still going strong after the adjustment...Cool

Have a look at this thread:

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/p/33470/276313.aspx#276313

It is in danish -but try Google translate. Anyway -the picture tells what you need to know.

• 03-23-2011 3:34 AM In reply to

• Ph2003
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 03-08-2011
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

Thank you very much for all of you who replied to my post. I also believe that my tube is dying, it has the other signs like the colors are fading and the picture flashes (comes and goes suddenly). However i like my TV especially the sound and can not afford to buy a new B&O at the moment. The technology is already come to the LED TV's which is bloddy expensive in B&O. So anyway maybe i can save the speakers and use it else.

Best regards

• 03-25-2011 2:17 AM In reply to

There is many info on this topic on this forum.

If you don't know anything about tv technology than don't try it yourself but in short i'd advice you to establish if it is really the tube (which indeed is actally always the case) and than try to ''clean'' it with glowing and tapping, which doesn't cost more than time and nothing gained, nothing lost :).

Actually it is very well possible to fix the problem in this way (but not always !!), i've done so several times and i'm not the only one.

If the problem isn't too bad yet (not like your's if i look at your photo) it may temporary help to change the G2 a bit but i'm sure that it's temporary and will still not produce a good picture.

I can't read the type number of your Avant, if it's 81xx it's 50Hz and not worth replacing a tube, for the 100Hz models tubes are here and there new / new old stock for sale and very cheap now these days (100-150 euro), only B&O charges still ridiculous prices for exactly the same tubes...

• 03-31-2011 9:18 AM In reply to

• Ph2003
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 03-08-2011
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

Hi paul,

My TV model is Beovision Avant Type : 84/20 Do you thing it is 50Hz?

bang olufsen

• 03-31-2011 6:40 PM In reply to

I think this is a 100 Hz 32" version, the last time i put a new tube in one of these is abt 2 yrs ago when i could get a new tube for around 120 euros from a parts supplier (in NL).

So it might be worthwhile to shop around for a new tube, these could be available here and there (for little money), inquire at a local parts shop or repair place i'd say...

If this is the last type curved avant 32 (which i think it is) it'll be as new with a new tube and imho a better picture than the RF series, but of course if it'll be worth the money is up to you..(and depends if you have to pay someone to put it in etc).

Are you able at all to repair yourself, or able to find and post the tube number ?

(i just re-read your postings): where are you based ?, and if you aren't able to find the tube number i can look it up, with that number you could shop around in your area maybe.

• 04-07-2011 5:16 AM In reply to

• Ph2003
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 03-08-2011
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

Hi ipaul,

Thanks forr your response i would love to get a new tube if you could find me one. Pls contact me from my email adress borax2002@gmail.com

• 05-09-2011 8:32 AM In reply to

Hi Steffen,

I read your comment about fixing your Beovision 3 by turning a screw inside?

What exactly is the screw I saw on the photo and is your television still working? My avant has a slight red flyback effect and I hope the tube is not doing.

Could you provide me some info?

Regards,

Nico

• 05-11-2011 5:09 PM In reply to

Hi Nico

I'm not an expert on this, so I can not tell you much more than what is written in the other thread.
    Appearently the curcuit is called G2 on all CRT's. I guess you adjust the voltage. The one in the circle on the photo is for the green -the other is for red and blue. I adjusted the green -and the lines disappeared. It is still working.

Steffen

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)