in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-12-2011 7:25 AM by bsantini. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-06-2011 6:56 AM

Cleaning BS5

Hello!

How do you clean your BS5? I don't mean the "dust-issue"; the screen is "dirty" - and with water only there are smears; I can polish with a smooth fabric but it doesn't come to an end; is there a cleaning agent which could be used?!

regards elmar

• 03-06-2011 11:51 AM In reply to

• HVD
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-21-2009
    • Posts 33
    • Bronze Member

Re: Cleaning BS5

Hey

I belive that you according to B&O only must use dry cloth and water, but; I cleen the screen with regular "mirror polish" from the supermarked and polish with cotton fabric. The screen is then completely blank/clean and nice:-)

NOTE: Don't spray into control buttons. Only spray on screen!

Henrik

BS5/BM5, BL3, AVANT 32", BL8000

• 03-06-2011 11:57 AM In reply to

HVD:
    NOTE: Don't spray into control buttons. Only spray on screen!

As a general device cleaning advice, not related to BS5... don't spray directly onto anything! Spray into a clean cloth and wipe with that. That's the only way to keep whatever you are spraying from getting into places it doesn't belong to.

-mika

• 03-06-2011 10:28 PM In reply to

The BS5 has the same dog of a problem as the BV's with the anti-reflex coating. Although it is on the reverse side, I think it sets up plenty of internal reflections which make it look smeary etc...

The method I use is to spray a clean dry kitchen papaer  towel with the light blue iso-propyl alcohol based window cleaner. Wipe and saturate (but not to drip) the screen. Before it has anywhere near enought time to dry, re-wipe very quickly with one or two dry clean kitchen paper towels. This through practice gives a perfect look to the screen cover.

Same applies to a BV screen - but obviously has to be done in sections.

• 03-07-2011 3:19 PM In reply to

To clean the glass of the BS5:

DO NOT USE ALCOHOL!

DO NOT USE PAPER (Towel) or TISSUE!

You must only use a clean, soft, hi-grade microfiber (a good one from an eyeglass shop!), and the proper (but mudt be mild) anti-reflection cleaner.

Clarity brand from Nanofilm is good

FWIW

Barry

• 03-11-2011 2:55 PM In reply to

ok, thanks; so - no alcohol; water only doesn't really clean...but almost all of the cleaning products contain alcohol; 

regards elmar

• 03-12-2011 7:25 AM In reply to

No alcohol does mean no alcohol. Properly formuated ar cleaners use alcohol as an agent to facilitate uniform drying, which helps reduce streaking.

No straight alcohol. As far as cleaners, the lack of knowledge as to just how much alcohol is in any cleaner is the reason behing beocare's mild detergent recommendation.

Adequate, but not the best you can do.

I like Nanocare products.

B
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)