in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-06-2011 4:09 PM by kimhav. 14 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-02-2011 3:17 AM

BeoSound 5 Encore and connection to TV

Does anybody already know how the new BeoSound 5 Encore will be connected to the TV as a part of fully integated system as it will not have any ML connection?

Can we expact new televisions with Ethernet connection with Audio systens in the future?

• 03-02-2011 4:59 AM In reply to

Re: BeoSound 5 Encore and connection to TV

What I understood from my dealer, the Encore is a standalone product...?

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 03-02-2011 7:54 AM In reply to

• Opman
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-31-2007
    • Cheshire, UK
    • Posts 323
    • Bronze Member

bayerische:

What I understood from my dealer, the Encore is a standalone product...?

It will be possible to connect up to 8 BeoSound5 Encores to one central BeoMaster5 or NAS drive and all will be able to play independently. So not really a stand alone system.

The Encores will be networked via a router. Later this year there will be an interface box that will allow Network Link to connect to an existing ML system. Rather like an ML/MCL is used to allow to different link systems to join up. Thereby allowing the BeoSound5 Encore to be part of a system that has Video products using ML.

Opman

• 03-02-2011 9:35 AM In reply to

Both of yor are right... B&O will present it as a standalone system until they provide the converter and/or compatible TVs.

It is a shame they are not more open about what will be the capabilities of this new Beonet system.

• 03-02-2011 11:49 AM In reply to

At launch it will just be a stand alone product.. with the possibility to connect to other Beonet devices in the future.. They have to start somewhere... Just see it as a first product of a new generation..

The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

• 03-02-2011 12:01 PM In reply to

If I look on the B&O website and check the specifications, it looks that the BeoSound 5 already have these things:

http://www.bang-olufsen.com/specifications?productid=637

Isn't it just a software update?

Gr. Bas

My Bang & Olufsen....

• BeoVision 7-40 MK V
    • BeoSound 5
    • BeoMaster 5 
    • BeoLab 6002 (2*)
    • BeoLab 7-4
    • BeoLab 4 (2*)
    • BeoLab 11
    • BeoCom 4 
    • Beo 5
  • 03-02-2011 2:54 PM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

bhollenberg:

If I look on the B&O website and check the specifications, it looks that the BeoSound 5 already have these things

A BeoSound 5 will ALWAYS need a BeoMaster5 as content server and PL-Controller for local active speakers   
    (and the BM5 can additionaly connect to a NAS via Ethernet, distribute sound to a ML-System, deliver pictures 
    to a tv, ...) 

The BeoSound 5 ENCORE will be a PL-Controller for local active speakers, a Local Input Selector, a Display,
    a "Mouse" (beeing just a Network CLIENT it will need a storage like a NAS, PC/MAC,  Mediaserver or a
    BeoMaster 5 to access content via Ethernet)  

You will be able to use a BeoSound 5 + Beomaster 5 or a BeoMaster 5 + TV as a content server for several
    BeoSound 5 Encores beeing connected via Ethernet.

• 03-03-2011 2:02 AM In reply to

Thanks for the reply, it makes a lot clear to me! Smile

If you use the BeoSound 5 ENCORE as a stand alone product. Are you still able to control it through a remote?

Gr. Bas

My Bang & Olufsen....

• BeoVision 7-40 MK V
    • BeoSound 5
    • BeoMaster 5 
    • BeoLab 6002 (2*)
    • BeoLab 7-4
    • BeoLab 4 (2*)
    • BeoLab 11
    • BeoCom 4 
    • Beo 5
  • 03-03-2011 4:52 AM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

bhollenberg:

If you use the BeoSound 5 ENCORE as a stand alone product. Are you still able to control it through a remote?

Yes, it 's a music system able to control lokal speakers, getting content from remote sources via ethernet.

If you imagine it in terms of an "analog ML-System" it could be described as something like an "Ethernet 
    BeoLink Active with integrated IR receiver, more local inputs plus a great display plus a great navigation
    for digital content delivered from local sources, a remote storage or the internet"

• 03-03-2011 9:05 AM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

Did I understood it correctly:

I could use several Beosound 5 Encores as a remote / remote-screen for the existing Beosound 5?

e.g.:
    Beosound 5 in the living room, Beosound 5 Encore in the office to access the Beomaster 5 content, see what's playing on the Beosound 5, navigate etc.?

That would be very nice.

• 03-03-2011 9:31 AM In reply to

This is effectively a very very expensive sonos the encore costs say 2500 pounds whereas a sonis player is 280. However encore is beautifully finished product

Does anyone know when integration with tv is available I would not buy it standalone when it comes out without integration initially

Cheers

Vince
  • 03-03-2011 9:49 AM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

TWG:
    Did I understood it correctly

Yes & No

Every BeoSound 5 Encore will access a common storage (eg BM5) or the same router/access point and will
    independently play the selected content in it's own room through it's own speakers
    - it's a music system, not a remote!. 

Big Smile  It's ethernet, not (only one source at the same time) MasterLink  - different "NetMusic" /
    "NetRadio"  in every room from the same storage / via the same router/access point.

Disadvantage at the moment will be, "old" ML-sources like "CD", "RADIO", "TV/DTV", ... can not be accessed till
    a  NWL/ML (NetWorkLink <> MasterLink) converter becomes available and these sources can be converted from
    analog ML to digital NWL. 

• 03-03-2011 10:09 AM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

vlohjr1:
    a very very expensive sonos the encore costs say 2500 pounds whereas a sonis player is 280

... a Bentley and a Skoda have in common: they are cars, are using roads and beeing owned by VW
    - but will offer a slightly different "user interface" & "driving experience" ...

• 03-03-2011 3:17 PM In reply to

• akoro
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-07-2008
    • Espoo, Finland
    • Posts 88
    • Gold Member

Vienna:

vlohjr1:
    a very very expensive sonos the encore costs say 2500 pounds whereas a sonis player is 280

... a Bentley and a Skoda have in common: they are cars, are using roads and beeing owned by VW
    - but will offer a slightly different "user interface" & "driving experience" ...

Brilliant comparison. I have been trying to use AppleTV as a digital media player for music instead of BeoMedia and oh boy what a difference that is. It's like using Wengler tool instead of a proper kitchen knife for cutting vegetables. I really like all the video abilities of ATV but the navigation for music just sucks compared to B&O solution where you can change sorting with one press of a Beo4 button

• 03-06-2011 4:09 PM In reply to

• kimhav
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 127
    • Bronze Member

In regards of choosing between BS5+BM5 and BS5 Encore; are there any reason one would go for BS5+BM5 solution? Reason for asking is that the BM5 box for me it's just something that I would hide away and not even connect to a BV; I mean the BeoPlayer is just plain crap. It was nice when they released it and I'm currently making use of a BeoPort solution with a specific media pc (using same mobo as BeoMedia).

Seems that the price for BS5 Encore seems to land around 3400 euro which means that one have to add for the ML2BeoNet box as well including waiting for this box to be available.

Also I'm really curious about the hw+sw itself when it comes to updates; but that we just have to wait for to get more information.

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)