in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-01-2011 5:49 PM by greztaylor. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-24-2011 3:20 AM

Beo6 Intermittent loss of control of physical keys Issue

Hi,

I have the Beo6 and Config Tool 4.11.

I am experiencing the intermittent loss of control of some of the physical keys on the Beo6 (the standby and stop key notably) and I am unclear as to if this is a software or a hardware issue.  The loss of usage of the keys is consistent with any device I attempt to control with the Beo6 however the issue is intermittent and there appears to be no rhyme or reason as to why it occurs.

I have noticed that when I download my configuration (which I've created from scratch for the Beo 6) that Windows 7 (32bit version) does report an 'Unknown USB Device Not Recognised' issue on occasions however the 4.11 tool reports that the download has been applied successfully.  Could this be a windows driver issue?  The driver appears to be okay as the 'download' button is not greyed out.

Any suggestions? has anyone else experienced this same issue? Could this simply be a firmware issue?

Many Thanks,

Filed under:
  • 02-24-2011 3:40 AM In reply to

• grieg007
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-19-2007
    • Bergen, Norway
    • Posts 54
    • Gold Member

Re: Beo6 Intermittent loss of control of physical keys Issue

I have also had some issues with the Beo6 which may be the same you are experiencing. Sometimes it is slow to "wakeup" and also I have to press buttons a few times to get a respons. But then it suddenly sends all the commands. Happens most with the volume wheel and the volume gets way high (or low). Very annoying.

This also seems random with my Beo6. Never had a problem with my Beo5.

• 02-24-2011 6:22 AM In reply to

• Alias
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-23-2008
    • Posts 90
    • Bronze Member

Press the go button for 30 sec and restart it again. After that you have to connect to the config tool. reload all data. 

B&O already knows the problem. That's the way to fix it. (from Bang & Olufsen) 

• 02-24-2011 2:18 PM In reply to

Hi,  thanks for the quick response.  To be clear I do the following to fix this issue:

1) Turn off the device (hold power for 3 secs)

2) connect to PC (with Beo6 still off?)

3) Launch the Config Tool (which turns the Beo 6 back on)

4) Re download the configuration

or

Hi,  thanks for the quick response.  To be clear I do the following to fix this issue:

1) Turn off the device (hold power for 3 secs) then restart the device pressing power onece again.

2) connect to PC

3) Launch the Config Tool

4) Re download the configuration

Many Thanks

• 03-01-2011 5:49 PM In reply to

I have tried every permutation of restarting the device and reapplying my Beo 6/Beo 5 profile and am still experiencing issues with the stop, fast forward and standby buttons on the Beo6.  I have reinstalled the config tool, Windows 7, recreated my Beo 6/Beo 5 from scratch with little success.  Any further advice anyone could provide here would be great.  Many Thanks

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)