in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-30-2007 5:17 AM by Coolskin. 101 replies.
Page 3 of 5 (102 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-28-2007 10:05 AM In reply to

Re: BM-Link 1.5

hello,

i need your help:
    got a powerbook g4 with frontrow enabler. i will connect my beoport via my beosound 3200. but frontrow doesn´t work!!!! do i need the ir eye?! or must i do any changes in my 3200 to get the mac and the beoport to work?!
  • 04-28-2007 10:05 AM In reply to

• rippi
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 12
    • Bronze Member

The IR Receiver might be just fine. I once bought the special version for the PC2 and noticed that while the lettering was missing it had the full functionality. It is more a matter of the cable and connector. See attachment. Regards Harald

• 04-28-2007 10:59 AM In reply to

EDIT: doesn´t my beoport use the ir port of my 3200? so frontrow must work?
  • 05-01-2007 2:20 PM In reply to

Coolblue86:
    hello,

i need your help:
    got a powerbook g4 with frontrow enabler. i will connect my beoport via my beosound 3200. but frontrow doesn´t work!!!! do i need the ir eye?! or must i do any changes in my 3200 to get the mac and the beoport to work?!
    Try it with your keyboard and press APPLE + ESC. Then Front Row should start.
    And enable it in the system registry BM-Link tab.
    If this works, you only have to get an IR eye like me.
  • 05-02-2007 9:16 AM In reply to

Coolskin:
    Coolblue86:
    hello,

i need your help:
    thanks for your reply.

frontrow works, but not with my beo 4. so i have to buy an ir eye. i thought i could use frontrow over my ir eye in my beosound 3200 :(
    how much is the ir eye!?
  • 05-03-2007 7:15 AM In reply to

• Luigi
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Figueres (Spain)
    • Posts 3,013
    • Founder

Does anyone know any kind of IR-repeating hardware to get signal of my Beo4 in others rooms sent to the IR eye in the office?

(It's not possible connect 2 IR-Eye in the same socket of beoport.)

Yesterday I bought a universal Ir-repeating, but it doesn't work with beo4.

Luis

• 05-03-2007 8:43 AM In reply to

• Matt
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Posts 13
    • Bronze Member

Luis,

What is the reason you cannot connect multiple infrareds on the beoport? Is it because an interference will occur? Maybe a simple solution is to put a diode between the signal leads of each infrared? If you would add a lot of infrareds I think it will drain to much power from the beoport. But you can ask a dealer or a technician to work out a small diagram.

Matt

• 05-03-2007 10:46 AM In reply to

• Luigi
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Figueres (Spain)
    • Posts 3,013
    • Founder

I thought use a minijack (headphone) splitter (stereo), but the technician said it's would cause same error o conflict.

Anders recommended a IR-repeating, but i don't know any IR-repeating B&O-compatible.

Luis

• 05-03-2007 3:10 PM In reply to

Coolblue86:
    Coolskin:
    Coolblue86:
    hello,

i need your help:
    thanks for your reply.

frontrow works, but not with my beo 4. so i have to buy an ir eye. i thought i could use frontrow over my ir eye in my beosound 3200 :(
    how much is the ir eye!?
    I use now 2 IR sensors from Lintronic.
    d: 1 simple IR sensor for the window screens
    e: 1 expensive IR sensor for Beoport. (This IR sensor was connected to the screens till today)

d: TT-IR-1455 is a miniature thumbnail (B&O) 455 KHz infrared receiver. (very limited IR range)
    e: TT-IR-8087030 is a plasma-protected (B&O designed) 455 KHz infrared receiver.

http://www.lintronic.dk/asp/Products.asp
  • 05-04-2007 10:17 AM In reply to

Coolskin:
    I use now 2 IR sensors from Lintronic.
    d: 1 simple IR sensor for the window screens
    e: 1 expensive IR sensor for Beoport. (This IR sensor was connected to the screens till today)

d: TT-IR-1455 is a miniature thumbnail (B&O) 455 KHz infrared receiver. (very limited IR range)
    e: TT-IR-8087030 is a plasma-protected (B&O designed) 455 KHz infrared receiver.

http://www.lintronic.dk/asp/Products.asp†

i started frontrow using my keyboard, but than when i will use my beo 4 nothing happens. should frontrow "work" without an eye?! so only starting it with the keyboard and the rest works with the beo 4?!

my beo 4 could do just these simple things at the moment:

- start n.music/n.radio
    - next/previous titel

thats all!

i can´t use coverflow or something else. when i press "pc" on my beo 4 nothing happens (i do the configurations in the bm-link menu)!!!!!! is that quiet normal?! can i change some things on my beosound?! which setup/option should i use for my beo 4, when the beosound with speakers and the beoport are in the same room?!

must it be a eye from b&o or lintronic?! 100 euro for these few functions are expensive in my eyes.

lovely greetings from germany!
    dominik

EDIT: hope you understand my bad english ;-)
  • 05-04-2007 12:09 PM In reply to

Yes Domini, you need an IR sensor.
    I'll buy one from Lintronic, because I know this works perfectly.

I have both and the expensive one I can recommend.
    The simple IR sensor has just too little IR range.
  • 05-08-2007 5:41 AM In reply to

Anders Odlund,

I'm struggling with the latest BM-Link version 1.5

- During playback N.Radio just stops.
    - Another time I can play 2 different N.Radio stations. When I select the third BM-link locks and doesn't react anymore.
    - System entry of BM-Link just locks. To solve this I have to force stop and restart the Mac Mini.
    - The scroll function is there (on the BS3200) but it seems one push on the GO button will scroll 2 times, but not all the time. (The scroll function was ok with version 1.0)
    + Maybe the IR eye AND the IR sensor of the BV7 pick up the same signal?
    - The FrontRow function is a neat feature. This works most of the times. 
    - It seems if BM-link locks, pressing PC doesn't trigger FrontRow.

Mac Mini (non-Intel) SW 10.4.9 (Starts up on timer at 6am, shuts down 11pm.)
    BS3200 SW version 1.9
    BV7 SW version 6.3
    Beoport firmware 1.31

Hope this info can help you further develop BM-Link.
  • 05-09-2007 5:58 PM In reply to

Pressing 2 on the remote will show 22 on the BS3200.
    It must be that the IR sensor and the BV7 pick up the same signal.
    How can I undo that?
  • 05-11-2007 8:23 AM In reply to

Coolskin:
    Pressing 2 on the remote will show 22 on the BS3200.
    It must be that the IR sensor and the BV7 pick up the same signal.
    How can I undo that?

Make sure BM-Link is configured to only receive LINK commands, that option is found under the Advanced preference tab.

Will look into the other issues you are reporting when I get the time for it
  • 05-11-2007 4:16 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-23-2007
    • Posts 223
    • Bronze Member

Really amazing job Mr. BM-Link :D

I have a question ! If I include an elgato solution to my mac setup,elgato will normally add a new symbol to the front-row intreface for recording tv-signals. Can I use this with the Beo4 over Infra-red Eye ?

• 05-12-2007 3:25 PM In reply to

Should be OK as long as they stick to the same commands that the Apple Remote is using which I think is the case with the elgato solution. All BM link does is sending the up down right left go menu signals to the software in the same way the Apple Remote would do ..... Everything is done via these keys ... shouldnt matter if you have 4 apps or 5 apps in front row ... that is the brialliance they have in that navigation model that they have chosen .....

Jk

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 05-13-2007 12:44 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-23-2007
    • Posts 223
    • Bronze Member

JK thanks for your explanation it sounds logical.

Let me explain how my Elgato DVB-S integrates into Front-Row. If I press the MENU button on my Apple front-row remote for 2 seconds the full-screen elgato menu appears. So with BM-Link software I have to press the PC button on my Beo4 to call frontrow menu, does the bm-link realize that I'm pressing the PC button for 2-3 seconds ?

• 05-13-2007 3:31 AM In reply to

• marcus
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Adelaide, South Australia
    • Posts 50
    • Bronze Member

Hi Luis,

I've now got the correct IR eye connected to my Beoport, and it works fine! Quite amazing really.

The G4 iMac is a bit slow to respond sometimes and the sound can cut out for a second when I make menu selection with Beo4. I might use this as an excuse to justify an upgrade to a Mac Mini, Macbook or Macbook Pro!

Thanks again for your help.

• 05-13-2007 8:37 AM In reply to

Update on BM-Link 1.5 + FrontRow + (old) Mac Mini:

I'm using FrontRow with BEO4 PC and L-PC
    PC to start the BV7 screen. L-PC to control FrontRow.

Also I control N.Radio and N.Music

Different approach this time.
    I don't touch the 0-9 buttons!
    So far so good...

Unfortunately also this doesn't work al the time.
    It seems BM-Link locks.

I've now uninstalled BM-Link 1.5 and re-installed 1.0
    This is o.k. in our situation.
    Too bad I can't get version 1.5 operational.
  • 05-13-2007 10:47 AM In reply to

> If I press the MENU button on my Apple front-row remote for 2 seconds the full-screen elgato menu appear<<

Then it might not work. I thought they just added an icon between itunes/video/dvd/photo in frontrow. The Beo4 (and Apple remote as well) sends different signals for pushing versus holding a button, not sure if this happens on all buttons but definitly on the navigation cross for the arrows and go. 
    So if "the hold" menu/PC is not sending a different signal and or if it is not mapped for use in front row with BM link then you have a problem.  Anders mentioned though that you can link in your own apple scripts to contol things besides front row (unsupported). This is how my IRED solution that I bought works by the way. For each key I am pushing(or holding) on my Be4 a different apple script is called usually to push a button or even shut the Imac down. Wasn't super difficult to learn but took me a bit to figure out.

JK

• 05-20-2007 9:52 AM In reply to

I have a Power PC and I used Enabler program and I was able to Install Front Row using the Enabler program (Thanks A.E.).  Front Row is currently work fine but I can not use my Beo4 remote to control it.  Because I get an message when I try the to check the box in BM-Link 1.50.1 for "Front Row Integration"   -   [ ] Activate Front Row using PC/L-PC

At first I was able to patch the files and then installed MacOSXUpdCombo10.4.9PPC.dmg.  Now I can not patch the files again :(.  I think I need to uninstallMacOSXUpdCombo10.4.9PPC.dmg.  But how do I uninstall that or should I try something else first? I have a Power PC Mac Mini with OS 10.4.9 and on the Beoport firmware 1.31. 

What I have tried:

I have launched Front Row hoping BM-LINK would register it - not use if this work

Uninstall BM-Link 1.50  and Downloaded an installed the new version 1.50.1 - not working

I have the : TT-IR-8087030 is a plasma-protected (B&O designed) 455 KHz infrared receiver connected to my Beoport

What am I missing... Please Help...

Thanks 

• 05-20-2007 10:07 AM In reply to

brendon:
    What I have tried:

Uninstall BM-Link 1.50  and Downloaded an installed the new version 1.50.1 - not working

Didn't know there was an update for BM-link frontrow enabling version 1.50.1... If I can find the latest version, I can try it again. I now have deinstalled 1.5 and installed 1.0

Your sensor couldn't be the problem. I have the same and it performs o.k.

What I experienced was that (even in L-PC) the sensor AND the BS3200 react on the BEO4. That will cause errors on the BS3200 (i.e. 2 will change in 22 on the BS3200)

• 05-20-2007 11:14 AM In reply to

>>"Front Row Integration"   -   [ ] Activate Front Row using PC/L-PC<<

That message sounds to me like information rather then a problem. Did you switch your Beo4 into PC mode? Sorry if that sounds stupid but I have an older Beo4 and was wondering what key to use since it doesn't have PC on a button or under list. I know there is a substitute even with the old models, probably v-tape 2 or something strange like that.

Cheers
    JK

• 05-20-2007 1:07 PM In reply to

I found the problem like 10 minutes after my post. LOL  Big Smile  In the System Perfrences, under Universal Access I had to check the box to "Enable Access of assistive devices".  Once I checked the box I used the P-PC button on my Beo4 remote and it worked great. Controls Front Row with no problems expect fast scrolling.  Has anyone documented Key to use on the Beo4 for Front Row or is it just the buttons around the GO button. 

Coolskin did you have that box checked?

Thanks for the quick responses...

Brendon

• 05-20-2007 1:48 PM In reply to

>> Controls Front Row with no problems expect fast scrolling<<
    Ii thought that was working as well. That would be a biggy if it is not.

Page 3 of 5 (102 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >