in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-12-2011 4:23 AM by hfat. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-14-2011 1:17 AM

• hfat
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-18-2010
    • Austria
    • Posts 176
    • Gold Member

Config Tool 4.11

Hello,

I recently did some tests with the version 4.11 of the config tool. I worked on a standalone PC and did not connect the BEO5.

There are some problems I discovered regarding compatibility of my configuration files. The new tool looses the manually created settings of step "edit". Loading a configuration the tool acts as if you modified the product configuration. All the macros created, colors set, button positions etc. are lost.

Has someone experiences yet, regarding the new firmware?

I would like to take the decision, weather it's worth the pain migrating my configuration or not.

regards hfat

• 02-14-2011 2:06 PM In reply to

Re: Config Tool 4.11

Hi hfat,

I have the same or at least similar problems. Without a connected Beo5, many of my created buttons and commands are revomed, when I load the old config file with the 4.11 software. On the other hand, the software creates all source buttons with all commands according to the configured devices.

I tried to save all my source buttons with all commands in the favourite list. Then I created a new configuration, defined all rooms (without any devices) and then I moved the source buttons from the favourite list to the new configurations. Actually this worked, but all manually added buttons in the `scene` are removed everytime I loaded the config file.

The solution is to connect the Beo5 before loading the config file. In this case, the software does not check the old config file and does not create anything automatically. So I`m able to change/remove/add commands and can load it to the Beo5.

This is a workaround I can live with.

Finally, there was one reason, why I moved to version 4.11. With 3.87 I had the problem with the backlight in very bright conditions. 4.11 has fixed this bug.

hangglider

• 02-14-2011 4:51 PM In reply to

• YannChris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Larmor-Plage, France
    • Posts 276
    • Founder

Same for me!

I use to create my configuration files from scratch in a dedicated configuration number, then copy the XML in the folder linked to my Beo5.

I experience the same problems as yours and lose all the modifications made in edit mode.

I hope that it is not a "feature" but a bug to be fixed in next version.

Kind regards,

Yann.

Ne pas s'en faire et boire frais!

Mon install en images: cliquez sur mon profil, au dessus de mon avatar - Puis "My files" tout en bas.

Pictures of my setup: click on my nickname, above my avatar. Then "my files" at the bottom of the page.

Filed under:
  • 02-15-2011 1:03 AM In reply to

• hfat
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-18-2010
    • Austria
    • Posts 176
    • Gold Member

Thank You for your replies. For me the backlight problem isn't a problem at all. In most cases I use the config tool "offline". So for me I think I will continue to use 3.87 and wait for the next release.

regards hfat

• 02-26-2011 6:17 PM In reply to

• OKF
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-22-2008
    • Posts 204
    • Bronze Member

yes,I have the sameand find it pretty annoying after all this time since that software is on the market but I must say it got much easiert to use but maybe it is also that one gets used to it :-)

Best regards Oliver

• 03-12-2011 4:23 AM In reply to

• hfat
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-18-2010
    • Austria
    • Posts 176
    • Gold Member

I couldn't resist and moved from Beo5 to Beo6. So I had to upgrade to 4.11 allthough I initially didn't want to.

I am really pleased with the new version, because there is no need anymore to modify the configuration.xml manually. I created my configuration from scratch an discovered some new features of the tool:

After creating the configuration from scratch, you can load it wihtout the Beo5/6 connected. All modifications stay in place.

In 4.11 the tool allows to modify IR macros preset in the product XMLs. Previous version disabled all buttons in the edit screen and didn't allow to modify. You had to do in manually in the XML. The version 4.11 leaves to ShortPressCommand untouched and inserts an IR command: stShortPressCommand="CIFFER_0+CIFFER_3" stIR="L_F0:VTR:CIFFER_0+Delay: 300ms+L_F0:VTR:CIFFER_3"

After completing the configuration I saved all my zones as templates within the product selection screen. When I afterwards create a new configuration all things exept the source buttons stay in place. All soft and hard keys within the sources are OK. So it is quite simple to recreate a configuration.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)