in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-31-2011 4:34 PM by scanorama99. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-28-2011 5:16 PM

STB upgrade, how?

I am trying to find how to upgrade the chip in a beosystem-1. I have the new chip but where is the current chip placed? 

I hav tried to remove the small plate arount the scart connectors but it wont come of even when I have remover all screws.

I have tried to remove the big cover after removing all screws, it wont come of. There is some other black dots that looks like screws but there is only a round hole in the center so no screwdriver will fit there... 

Any clues?

I have found the stb fitting guide on beoworld section with guides but it is only for avant´s

• 01-28-2011 6:53 PM In reply to

Re: STB upgrade, how?

Maybe download the service manual for you Beovision/Center 1

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 01-28-2011 7:47 PM In reply to

Yes I did, just that I had the beosystem with the back / connections facing me so I went the easy way and thought I could remove the back plate without unplugging the screws on the other ends (top and side) of the chassi ;)

Anyway. I replaced the chip, I now see a new list. I accidently ordered the wrong chip. I got the motorola vip-1910 and the chip has the codes for motorola 1920. I got the 8344784 chip. 

I have attached the ir remote on the front of the digital-tv-box exactly where the ir-reciever is, I have put a scart at the av connection and named it stb(dtv) in the menu. Still cant control anything. I can see the box´s picture when pressing dtv but nothing changes when I press control buttons lik up/donw or numbers or anything...

What am I doing wrong?

I must be the most unlucky person on earth if the 1920 code cant do anything on the 1910 box. The remote controls are almost identical...

• 01-30-2011 4:56 PM In reply to

Start checking your ir-lead by using a camera from your cellphone.

You should see the ir-led flashing.

• 01-30-2011 6:38 PM In reply to

Good point there.

I cant see anything flashing at the end of the ir-out-lead on the black attachment "thing" when pressing anyhing on the beo4. 

Guess the lead is broken then..

When I look at the original remote for the stb I get at bright light in the camera.

• 01-31-2011 4:20 PM In reply to

You're sure that you haven't disconnect a cable inside?

As you have to slide the internal chassis outwards, maybe something went wrong?

• 01-31-2011 4:34 PM In reply to

Verified with a new cable. The first one was not working :)

Thanks for the suggestion about the camera check.

Now I can control the box even though it is not exactly the same model in the list.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)