in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-24-2011 7:00 AM by PhilLondon. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-12-2011 4:46 AM

Linkremote won't connect to Linkplayer

Hi

Not sure where to put a support request on Linkremote - so I'll try here :-)

I just got an iPad and downloaded the Linkremote. The iPad is connected to WIFI, which is the same WIFI my MacMini, which runs LinkPlayer, is on. But when I start the Linkremote app it just keep searching for Linkplayer - nothing else happens. Is there something I should make sure is enabled - some kind of accepting sharing etc.?

The setup:
    The Beoport is connected to my MacMini in Option 0. I only have a Beolab 3500 connected via Masterlink. Linkplayer works just fine. :-)

Best regards
    Jan

• 01-12-2011 5:43 AM In reply to

Re: Linkremote won't connect to Linkplayer

Hi,

Like every App on the App store, there is a "Support" link that send you back to the developer's support web page.

Try disabling the Firewall on the Mac mini if you have one. If it does not help contact me. Go to LinkPlayer's help menu and you'll find an option to get in touch.

Philippe

• 01-12-2011 6:42 AM In reply to

Oops, sorry! Forgot about the Support button on the App store.Whistle

As far as I remember I do not have Firewall activated, but I'll check it, when I get home to night.

BR
    Jan

• 01-12-2011 2:47 PM In reply to

Also LinkPlayer must be running :)

Some Apps, like EyeTV's, will prompt you to start the server side if it is not running, but LinkPlayer has to be started first

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 01-12-2011 4:49 PM In reply to

Hi

Yep, I have Linkplayer running :-)

@Phil: And Firewall is disabled. I haven't got mail installed on the Macmini, but will off course if neccesary or I'll send it from another computer. So what do I need to do, i.e. which information should I provide - console transcript?

Thx in advance

Jan

• 01-24-2011 7:00 AM In reply to

In linkplayer's preferences have you selected "respond to linkremote"?
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)