in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-07-2011 2:52 PM by SHEFFIELD. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-04-2011 2:30 PM

• DaveL
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Cambridgeshire, UK
    • Posts 11
    • Bronze Member

Beo4 Reduced IR Performance

Hi

I have a Beo4 which has recently had reduced performance meaning that I have to point it at the TV for it to send a signal.  I have never had to point a Beo4 in my life!  I changed the batteries but that did not help so I had a look at the IR bulbs at the front with a digital camera and it revealed that only one of the two bulbs is working hence I assume the reduced performace.  Everything else seems to be ok.

I poped into my local dealer today and he advised that it would be cheeper to buy a new one than send it away to be repaired!

I therefore ask is it just a case of changing the bulb or a PCB in the remote, is it an easy job to do myself (already had a quick look at the service manual on the site) and how much will it cost to do?

I note that it is about 4 to 5 years old and was probably one of the first of the DTV versions, I assume that this may mean a different part number that the one in the service manual for the PCB.

I hope someone can advise accordingly.

Regards

DaveL

• 01-04-2011 3:52 PM In reply to

Re: Beo4 Reduced IR Performance

I'm technical and repair these in store whilst customers wait - but a lot of dealers would send away for repair which does bump up the costs...

• 01-06-2011 1:01 PM In reply to

• DaveL
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Cambridgeshire, UK
    • Posts 11
    • Bronze Member

Many thanks for your reply, being technical myself it sounds that with the service manual and some spare time this is something I can take on myself.

Back to the original question, how much will it cost for the PCB (I assume that this is what will need to be replaced) and what it the part number?  I dont know if this helps but the sticker with the barcode on it in the battery holder has the following numbers on it.

Many thanks

DaveL

• 01-06-2011 3:22 PM In reply to

If you can use a soldering iron you'll be fine - I'll look up the cost of the PCB and get back to you...

• 01-07-2011 2:52 PM In reply to

I've sent you a message with cost of part...

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)