in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-31-2011 3:39 AM by Chrisreunion. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-02-2011 12:59 PM

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

Which power link cables

Hello all I am going to put my power link speakers into the wall as a perm fixture. I have lab 9's at the front and lab 6000's at the rear I have mk3 in the front and others in the rear T be future proof for changes in speakers what cables should i run Does mk3 work with all speakers as i know you have to have mk3 for lab 9's but in case i ever change the rears. Will mk3 cover all speaker types. Thnks all

Beovision 7 MKIV (Blu Ray)
    Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 01-02-2011 1:45 PM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

Re: Which power link cables

Mk3 works for all speakers.  However, my dealer recommends mk2 (thick cables) for longer runs ( >= 3 m) - even for the ice powered speakers (where the manuals say mk3).  Against his recommendations, I went with a 3 m mk3 to for some BL4s that I have - because I wanted the thin cable because it is easier to hide - and haven't experienced any issues (didn't have any problems with the mk2 that he loaned me while the mk3 were ordered), but then they're bedroom speakers (and BL4s) so I don't listen too critically.

Stan

• 01-02-2011 2:00 PM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

Seanie_230:

Does mk3 work with all speakers

... exept BLb5s (switching to digital in if source is CD) and older speaker types like Pentas (display).

By the way, the new fully mounted, 5.5mm double screened type is much cheaper than the
    pevious 3,5mm Mk2 (now beeing discontinued) and the Mk3 version!

• 01-02-2011 3:16 PM In reply to

Vienna:

Seanie_230:

Does mk3 work with all speakers

... exept BLb5s (switching to digital in if source is CD) and older speaker types like Pentas (display).

By the way, the new fully mounted, 5.5mm double screened type is much cheaper than the

Agree with Vienna.

To cover all types you should use Mk2  or the new fully mounted type.(Sorry I don't have the part number)

Personally, I would ask Steve@soundsheavenly for his recommendation as he will be cheaper.

Regards Graham

• 01-02-2011 5:14 PM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

Hi there Thanks for the replies Im sure that when I used MK2 cables with the lab 9's there was a huge humming sound so the local shop lend me some mk3's until mine came in.

Beovision 7 MKIV (Blu Ray)
    Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 01-02-2011 5:30 PM In reply to

Shouldn't get humm with Mk2 as they were the ultimate until B&O recently bought out these new super shielded powerlinks to take their place. The problem with them is that they are thicker than the old Mk2's but are pretty much futureproof.

Regards Graham

• 01-02-2011 5:35 PM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

joeyboygolf:

Vienna:

Agree with Vienna.

To cover all types you should use Mk2  or the new fully mounted type.(Sorry I don't have the part number)
    Personally, I would ask Steve@soundsheavenly for his recommendation as he will be cheaper.

Sounds Heavenly is offering excellent products at reasonable prices !

But in this case - e.g. a 10m fully mounted PL-Cable
    the B&o original retails in Central Europe for 22 EUR ~ 18 GBP
    compared to 36 EUR ~ 29,99 GBP for Steve's version of the MK2!

(making Steve's version approx 65% MORE EXPENSIVE than the B&O "original" )

Prices for the 5,5mm fully mounted & double shielded PL-Cables have been rigorously
    reduced compared to the Mk2s some months ago ...

• 01-29-2011 3:57 PM In reply to

Hi Vienna,

Thanks for your update on the prices, I was not aware that B&O had reduced their prices to this level.  Please remember that I include free Worldwide shipping by Airmail within the prices, plus a 60 day money-back guarantee, whereas B&O prices are normally non-refundable and delivered to the store only.  Additionally, the specification of the cables I offer is not the same as the originals.  I use 24 carat gold plated contacts on the DIN plugs, plus oxygen-free copper wiring inside the cables for optimum signal transfer and sound quality.

However, I am happy to review the prices and I would welcome comments from other members of the forum if you have received any specific prices from your local store that leads you to think that I do need to change these.

Kind regards,

Steve.

Sounds Heavenly Cables are proud to be a sponsor of the BeoWorld Forum!

• 01-29-2011 4:32 PM In reply to

Steve at Sounds Heavenly:

Hi Vienna,

Thanks for your update on the prices, I was not aware that B&O had reduced their prices to this level.  Please remember that I include free Worldwide shipping by Airmail within the prices, plus a 60 day money-back guarantee, whereas B&O prices are normally non-refundable and delivered to the store only.  Additionally, the specification of the cables I offer is not the same as the originals.  I use 24 carat gold plated contacts on the DIN plugs, plus oxygen-free copper wiring inside the cables for optimum signal transfer and sound quality.

However, I am happy to review the prices and I would welcome comments from other members of the forum if you have received any specific prices from your local store that leads you to think that I do need to change these.

Kind regards,

Steve.

Hi Steve, why not mirror B&O's quality and sell for cheaper and continue to sell your cables at the same quality and price! I personally know that your stuff is far superior and will continue to buy on your recommendation! Cheers Nick 

P.s. I will text you an order for my dads and I have dropped my laptop today and bent that 3.5mm plug!Super Angry

• 01-29-2011 7:35 PM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

Big Smile ... there is nothing wrong with the quality of your products, your prices & your service !

Better product - higher price ...   

• 01-31-2011 3:39 AM In reply to

Looking at this thread, I can't help wondering why B&O is bringing out a new fully wired Powerlink cable...

Could this mean the come back of displays on forthcoming BeoLabs ?????

Reunion Island is greeting you!

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)