in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-03-2011 3:47 AM by Hildebrand. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-29-2010 4:31 AM

Beosystem 2 Wireless to PC

I hope you can help. I have a beosystem 2 connected to my PC wirlessly through the BS2 aux and a Squeezebox. It works fantastically but is annoying in that it takes up the only aux available on the PS2 and requires two remotes to operate. I would like to use N.Radio and N.Music through a beoport but have not worked out how to connect the beoport wirlessly to the PC. I have no way of getting a long masterlink cable from the beoport to the PS2 or long ethernet and audio cable from the PC to the beoport.

Has anyone come up with a solution?

Thanks very much for your consideration.

As an aside the squeezebox is a good solution and way better than the airport express which a friend has and is pretty hopeless.

Cheers.

Filed under:
  • 01-07-2011 7:34 AM In reply to

Re: Beosystem 2 Wireless to PC

Hi,

I passed last year the question (to B&O) if Beoport is able to distribute N.Radio and N.Music via Beolink Wireless. The brief answers was NO.

Cannot understand why, because if I would connect the Beoport with ML to the Wireless and set them to SEND and the receiving to RECEIVE I would expect that works. But isn't.

Think this is only a software problem and B&O don't want to invest in further development.

Kind Regards

Thorsten

Beosound 9000 | Beosound Century | Beomedia 1 | Beolab 8000 | Beolab 6000 | Beolab 2000 | Beoport | Beo5 | Beo4 | Beolink active | Beolink passive | A8

• 01-07-2011 8:26 AM In reply to

Thanks for your time,

That is pretty much as far as I got with B&O. Looks like I will need to set up a Mac Mini as a media server alongside the Beoport and BeoCenter 2 in the main room, rather than the Beoport with the office computer as first intended. I really like the AM FM DAB on the beoCenter 2 and don't want to go full digital music however, connectivity options on the BC2 are pretty limited, still, I love my B&O enough to work around any shortcomings.

Cheers.

• 01-07-2011 2:10 PM In reply to

For full integration into B&O I would like recommend the Beomedia 1. In case if you need to buy a Mac.
    Have a look on the Lifestyle-AV.co.uk website. The guys offering BM1s for less money.

I bought one and I am happy. The Beoport is waiting now for a ML cable in the office...but this takes time.

Cheers

Beosound 9000 | Beosound Century | Beomedia 1 | Beolab 8000 | Beolab 6000 | Beolab 2000 | Beoport | Beo5 | Beo4 | Beolink active | Beolink passive | A8

• 01-08-2011 9:46 PM In reply to

Thanks,

I looked at this as it has wireless but for the money I think a beoport and mac mini will give me a solution with the flexability for lots of other uses. I will use plex etc to use the mac as a full media center.

Beomedia 1, while good, seems quite restricted in its applications.

Thanks very much for your time.

Cheers

• 01-14-2011 2:26 PM In reply to

Have you thought of using  the Masterlink to RJ45 cables and the ethernet plugs that plug into the house mains to extend your masterlink without running wires.

Masterlink to RJ45

Ethernet Plugs

Links just to give you an idea of what to look for as there are loads of plug in etehrnet adapters out ther.

Stoobie

• 01-14-2011 3:37 PM In reply to

Seems to be a perfect solution.

1. Does this work in US

2. What are the minimum requirements. Say If I connect my beosound 4000 output into one of the powerplugs at floor 1 and then use a similar setup in the basement to connect through the power outlet into a BS1. Will this work. I am assuming the power wiring in the house should be all in one phase or connected.

3. Anyone tired this in US or anywhere. I would like to seriously consider this option rahter than wiring the house with ML cable or RJ45 cables. Please share contact info so I can call or email to get more answers

Thanks

Beovox RL 60.2, RL 6000, S45-2, CX 50, Cona, Beolink Passive, MCL2P, BM4500, Beosound 1, Beocenter 2500, Beolab 2500, Besound 4000, Beolab 4000, Beocom 6000, A8, Beosystem 1

• 01-14-2011 4:07 PM In reply to

I haven't tried this but the idea suddenly came to me today. I have a couple of BeoLink Wireless and they are OK-ish for connecting speakers but not 100% reliable as they cut out once in a while so I thought I might try this.

I'm no electrician so I don't know about house wiring phases but it just seems a logical use of the plug in ethernet. I am a little "worried" that it may be too good to be true, but for an outlay of under £100 (Beolink wireless about £200 each used) it may be worth a try.

Stoobie

• 01-14-2011 7:12 PM In reply to

Thanks,

No I hadn't. I had got as far as using the power system as a network but was unaware you could get masterlink to RJ45 connections. B&O absolutely no help. Wireless will not work, only does speakers even though two way communication, understand that!

Only one way to find out.

Thanks heaps.

Dave

• 04-03-2011 3:47 AM In reply to

There is a Handbook out that might answer many of your questions:  Its called "Cat7/Class F New Installation Concept New Infrastructure Handbook" from B&O.  PM me with your email and I can send it your way if your interested still.

Covers the concept, cable management, reducing noise in PL, Non balances speakers, Installation examples, connector assembly, as well as part numbers for various new infrastructure components from inwall cable, plenum cable cat6, connectors, ML and PL patch modules, nanoperm coil, BeoNet ML-to-RJ45 cable, BeoNet PL-to-RJ45 cable, etc...

Hiller

If I came across it sooner I would have gone this route instead of running ML and PL through my ceiling and walls.

Hiller Cool

BeoVision 4-50 MkII, BeoSystem 1, Zektor Switch, DTS box, BeoLink Passive, BeoVox Cona, BeoLab 1, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 6000, BeoLab 4000, BeoLab 4, BeoLab 3000, BeoMedia 1, BeoMaster 5, BeoSystem 3 Type 9621

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)