in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-04-2008 7:12 PM by Eugenio Colazzo. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-02-2007 9:27 AM

Beogram cd 3300

Hello

I have a problem whit my (new) Beogram cd 3300, normally it plays well but randomly (for a different days) it doesn't play anything, when the cd is inserted the spindle start and rotate very fast and then the unit pass in stand-by whit a strange code on the display (similar a .2); suddenly after some days it restart to works well... I speak frequently to it but I don't think thi is the cause....

I'm planning to open the unit and check inside but I can't find the schematic diagram, on EBAY is near impossible to win one! I can pay for a copy too so can someone help me to find the diagrams?

Thanks a lot 

Eugenio C.

Eugenio Colazzo

• 07-02-2007 11:14 AM In reply to

Re: Beogram cd 3300

Join as a silver member and the schematic diagrams are on site. The funny display is a ? - or is supposed to be. Try cleaning the lens first. Probably a component failure though - think capacitors or variable resistor.
  • 07-02-2007 11:21 AM In reply to

Perfect!

Thanks a lot

Eugenio

Eugenio Colazzo

• 07-02-2007 11:24 AM In reply to

In this case, these really are just the schematics - I don't have the service manual.
  • 01-16-2008 10:18 AM In reply to

i too am having issues w/ my cd3300.

all seems fine (everything works) but the disc...

i put a disc in, hit play, and nothing now!

any suggestions?

++++edit++++

i noted at beocentral that the guts were the same for a cdx2... anyone have similar issues w/ this?
    • B&o bottle opener
  • 01-16-2008 12:19 PM In reply to

Hello

First try to clean gently the laser lens (I suppose that the disc start to rotate), if this not solve the problem could be a cap defective on the servo pcb so you have to try to check/change them. If this is not solve the problem next step is to check the pickup unit.

This kind of player use the cdm2/10 pickup.

If you need help let me know ( i tried all and now I'm waiting for a cd2/10 pickup).

ciao ciao

Eugenio Colazzo

• 01-16-2008 12:34 PM In reply to

thx for the response...

to clarify...

nothing happens -no spin -it just sits and then goes to "?"
    • B&o bottle opener
  • 01-16-2008 12:49 PM In reply to

if no spins probably the pickup doesn't find the focus, or the spindler motor is not working, checks on the pcb are needed

Eugenio Colazzo

• 02-01-2008 6:21 PM In reply to

Hello I still continue to try to fix my beogram cd Confused I changed the entire transport (laser & servo ) and the problem is the same, the spindle rotate and after then it stops and on the display appears the same strange char... No problem... I have the master pcb too where the transport works perfectly.

I have a little problem, the donor unit is a cd 460 (Philips) and on the main pcb there are some little differences, first the power connector is different and I solved this problem recabling the Phil one on the Beo power pcb BUT... there is another problem... The control panel on the Beo  main pcb use only 2 pins called "I2C DATA" and "I2CCLP" and the other pcb (Phil) has a different connector and I have only tryed to find some similar point (I think to have found the two pins on the Phil).

Does anyone knows if the units control panel are compatible? I'm tempted to connect and power up the system but is this correct?

Thanks a lot

PS

I don't want to kill this Beo please!!!! 

Eugenio Colazzo

• 02-02-2008 7:46 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

I take it that you checked the laser current before dismounting the original module ?

I am thinking about THAT capacitor, being a 33uF blue axial Philips (replace with the same brand and type to make sure).
    I have seen this fault countless times and in rare cases the transistor in the same little circuit.

Martin

• 02-02-2008 8:03 AM In reply to

Hello Martin

Yes I changed all the cap on the servo and main pcb using hi quality ones but the problem remain the same, it is on the main pcb and I'm not so much expert to find the problem :(

I have powered the Beogram with the new transport and main pcb, all works fine, the control panel too, but the original main pcb is here to fix
     and let me not completely happy ...

thanks for the reply

ciao ciao 

Eugenio Colazzo

• 02-03-2008 8:42 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Check the power supply areas. I've seen many cases of cracked solders around the voltage regulators at the back.

Martin

• 02-04-2008 3:53 PM In reply to

There may be a simple solution! The disc clamper was'nt very good on this deck,and the disc spins at the wrong rate,so can't be read correctly.

B&O used to supply a "sticky thingy"that improved the grip and overcame the problem.

Try putting the original mech back in,but stick the cd to the turntable with a little "bluetac" etc,just to see if it does the trick?

Regards,

Nick

• 02-04-2008 7:12 PM In reply to

Now I have modified some parts so to check old parts is a little bit difficult, thanks for the trick !

Just another little question, I tryed to put the unit in "service mode" pressing the exact keys and powering up the unit (Don't do this at home Stick out tongue  ) but it doesn't react to this.

Another question much more important, is this the right place to ask these questions? I don't want to be OT...

ciao ciao

Eugenio Colazzo

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)