in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-06-2011 2:07 PM by Toby. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-22-2010 11:18 AM

Beomaster 4500 - Help...

Hello,

close to Xmas and now my BM4500 is no longer reacting. I need some signs of hope, as I am just having it for some time and actually did not listen to it, as speakers were arriving just day before yesterday... :o(((

I purchase it used and it had the 220V wires cut, same as the beogram 4500 which came along. The guy before simply put it together with a luster/ screw terminal and put it in the socket. It also worked for me, however as I did not want to plug it long term, I always pulled the plug out of the socket. It made some clicking noises, however it turned on afterwards with no problem - until today.

Beomaster is giving no sign of life.... I opened it and checked 3 fuses (marked with some color), but all of them appear to be still ok.

I would really appreciate, if someone can shed some light, on what this could be and particularly, if it can be brought to life for a reasonable amount of money...

Thanks,

Markus

Filed under:
  • 12-22-2010 1:06 PM In reply to

• Stonk
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Marlow, Bucks, UK
    • Posts 1,688
    • Founder

Re: Beomaster 4500 - Help...

Hi Markus,

Others have had this problem before but as nobody ever completes the thread we never know what the problem was! Have a look HERE

If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.

• 12-22-2010 4:53 PM In reply to

Thanks, however mine is not even showing the lamp. Anyhow, beomaster will be tomorrow night on the way to a technician. Once I have it back, I 'll update on what the problem was.

thx,

Markus

• 01-05-2011 2:13 PM In reply to

In order to close this thread - Beomaster is back and currently playing Scorpions in the background on 1 refurbished and recaped RL 45.2 and 2nd still to go ;o))) Sooo nice piece and even WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor) is at 10!

One IC was shot and replaced on the Board which is placed before the the transformator coil right at the cable inlet!

I am happy now!

Rgds,

TWheel

• 01-05-2011 5:54 PM In reply to

• Stonk
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Marlow, Bucks, UK
    • Posts 1,688
    • Founder

Brilliant Markus. Thanks for completing the thread. A man of his word.

If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.

• 01-06-2011 2:07 PM In reply to

• Toby
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 12-04-2010
    • Worthing
    • Posts 23
    • Gold Member

Hi,

I have the same problem with my beomaster 4500 with one of the IC's gone. Who did you send it off to and how much did it cost?

Thanks

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)