in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-13-2010 7:37 AM by Hiort. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-10-2010 4:37 PM

• redil
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-22-2010
    • Posts 9
    • Bronze Member

Picture mute on BV 10-40 beo4

Hei Folks

now that the BV10-40 is on the wall hooked up to the Reelbox, I want to use it also as Radio/HiFi. To that purpose I obviously want to switch off the TV panel. Documentation says: press repeatedly LIST until p.mute shows. Well, on my new Beo4 there is no p.mute.

Any experience in this regards?

A different issue: in the first movie the upper 15cm was sometimes seriously darker than the rest. This made me recall the infamous clouding issue dicussed here in the past. This does not always show. Not sure what to do about this...

greetings

Filed under:
  • 12-10-2010 5:47 PM In reply to

Re: Picture mute on BV 10-40 beo4

You need to add the P-Mute function to the LIST in Beo4. Press LIST and red button simultaneously.  Then choose ADD. Find P-MUTE and select.

Clouding looks different from what you describe. It looks like brighter "clouds" that you may see when you have very dark scenes in a movie.

Happy owner of: BV10, 2 x Beocom 2, Beocom 6000, Beocenter 2, Beolab 3, Beolab 2000, Beo4, Beolab 11

1:st prize winner Beoworld January Price Draw.

• 12-11-2010 11:11 AM In reply to

• redil
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-22-2010
    • Posts 9
    • Bronze Member

Hiort:

You need to add the P-Mute function to the LIST in Beo4. Press LIST and red button simultaneously.  Then choose ADD. Find P-MUTE and select.

hmm, that sounds like a plan, only problem there is no P-MUTE to find on the BEO4, odd.

• 12-11-2010 11:39 AM In reply to

OK, then you have an older version of Beo4 without P.MUTE.

Press AV and then TV (or DTV), should also mute the picture of your BV10-40.

/Räuber

• 12-11-2010 11:41 AM In reply to

Thats odd...   You cant find it if you scroll down the list when you have activated "ADD"?

Happy owner of: BV10, 2 x Beocom 2, Beocom 6000, Beocenter 2, Beolab 3, Beolab 2000, Beo4, Beolab 11

• 12-11-2010 12:19 PM In reply to

• redil
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-22-2010
    • Posts 9
    • Bronze Member

Hiort:

Thats odd...   You cant find it if you scroll down the list when you have activated "ADD"?

when I press LIST repeatedly I get: FORMAT STAND SPEAKER P-AND-P RECORD FORMAT...

after activating ADD? (through OK button?) I get AV? LIGHT? CNTROL?AV? ..(through repeatedly pressing LIST

am I missing something somewhere?

As regards the RC, it got delivered yesterday with the 10-40.

While we are at it and with lots of seemingly knowledgable folks around: the panel is somewhat slanted forward: top is 3mm further away from the wall than the bottom, (the wall itself in perpendicular) can this be adjusted?

Other than that: a magnificent piece!

• 12-11-2010 12:43 PM In reply to

redil:

after activating ADD? (through OK button?) I get AV? LIGHT? CNTROL?AV? ..(through repeatedly pressing LIST

It's under AV?. Just press OK, and add the P.MUTE.

• 12-11-2010 3:56 PM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

redil:

... the panel is somewhat slanted forward: top is 3mm further away from the wall than the bottom,
    (the wall itself in perpendicular) can this be adjusted?

Assuming that you are using a B&O wallbracket type 4667:

- there are 2 plastic adjustment plates to adjust = pre-stress the the bracket
      to avoid vertical misalignment after putting the TV up ...

Read "Supplement for Wall Bracket 4667, Adjustment plate"

• 12-12-2010 4:22 AM In reply to

• redil
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-22-2010
    • Posts 9
    • Bronze Member

Vienna:

redil:

... the panel is somewhat slanted forward: top is 3mm further away from the wall than the bottom,
    (the wall itself in perpendicular) can this be adjusted?

Assuming that you are using a B&O wallbracket type 4667:

- there are 2 plastic adjustment plates to adjust = pre-stress the the bracket
      to avoid vertical misalignment after putting the TV up ...

Read "Supplement for Wall Bracket 4667, Adjustment plate"

Thank everyone, together with the pdf documenation I eventually found P.MUTE.

Regarding the adjustment, Vienna would you have a pointer to the above mentioned documenation, seems that it is not out in the open. May be its accessible only to dealers? If possible I would like to do this rather minor adjustment instead of having to get service again.

• 12-12-2010 6:50 AM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

redil:

Regarding the adjustment, Vienna would you have a pointer to the above mentioned documenation, seems that it is not out in the open. May be its accessible only to dealers? If possible I would like to do this rather minor adjustment instead of having to get service again.

... the 2 plastic parts and mounting/adjustment instructions are supplied with the wall bracket!

- Will make a scan of the doc and post it as a pdf.

- If the original spacers plates got lost, you can use either large spacer-discs or pieces of veneer/cardbord
      (e.g. business cards) of the appropriate thickness between WB and the wall

PS: unfortunately not a minor operation - the TV has to be removed from the bracket and the lower
    mounting-screws of the bracket have to be loosened a bit or even unfastened to insert the spacers! 

• 12-12-2010 9:49 AM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

redil:

Regarding the adjustment, Vienna would you have a pointer to the above mentioned documenation

WB4667 Adjustment Plates.pdf attached

• 12-12-2010 10:33 AM In reply to

• redil
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-22-2010
    • Posts 9
    • Bronze Member

@Vienna: thanks a lot, now I see how that is supposed to work. The plates are gone with the installation folks.... but this can indeed be anything.

Thanks again

• 12-12-2010 12:13 PM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

redil:

While we are at it and with lots of seemingly knowledgable folks around: the panel is somewhat slanted forward: top is 3mm further away from the wall than the bottom, (the wall itself in perpendicular) can this be adjusted?

Big Smile ... seemingly knowledable installers ... spot on

PS: to avoid overcompensation and following the rules of geometry
    - you'll need to raise the edge by approx 2/3 of the amount of total misalignment - 2mm in your case

• 12-13-2010 7:37 AM In reply to

Mine is also mounted very slightly leaning forward. I think that makes sense dependent on how high on the wall it is mounted.

As you can see from the pic, the BV10 is not so high up on the wall.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)