in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-28-2012 7:24 PM by Eugene. 523 replies.
Page 13 of 21 (524 items) « First ... < Previous 11 12 13 14 15 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-12-2011 7:23 PM In reply to

• steve
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 06-09-2011
    • california
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

Re: What Are You Working On Now ?

holly crap great job i wish i had your patience WOW

• 06-12-2011 8:03 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Okay, just brought the BunnerMedia1 in from cleaning out in the driveway.

Trying to install the Creative SB sw, and the setup sw does not recognize the product - at all... Super Angry

Not to mention iTunes won't update from ver 8...

Oh, and I'm without the special IDE cable that links the Platinum module to the PCI board...

This project is going to be worthy of its own thread very soon. 

Evan

• 06-13-2011 4:48 PM In reply to

Have been working this week on my BM2000 and Beolink 7000 putting new mirror polished stainless steel touchpanels on it. With the B&O engraving...The panel cost me 1 euro and 4 euro for the engraving and is now 99,9% copy of the originalSmile

B&O item 1, B&O item 2, B&O item 3,...................B&O item 735

Beovirus? What's that?

• 06-13-2011 5:31 PM In reply to

Lovely- I have always wanted a BM 2000 in white, currently saving up to go accross the pond to finish out my collection. But what I really want to know Leslie is why do you need 6 Beolink 7000's. 1 and sapre makes sense.

You could make a tidy sum selling off the other 4.

• 06-13-2011 5:46 PM In reply to

That's my problem Eugene. If I buy things for rather cheap and "repair" and make it as new again (looking for alternatives like the touch panels) then I don't want to sell it anymore. I have a huge collection since I joined this club but I think the time has come that I have to sell few of my things now. Space in house becomes a problem now...[:'(] Like your avatarWink

Beovirus? What's that?

• 06-13-2011 6:04 PM In reply to

Eugene:

Lovely- I have always wanted a BM 2000 in white, currently saving up to go accross the pond to finish out my collection. But what I really want to know Leslie is why do you need 6 Beolink 7000's. 1 and sapre makes sense.

You could make a tidy sum selling off the other 4.

To get the good stuf over there, you will need a translator, I speak Danish, German, Swedish, Spanish, so pay the ticket and we go together, I'm an experienced traveller and do not get lost anywhere.

Joking, but tell me when you intend to go, maybe we can come together somewhere, we speak a lot on the forum and mostly never meet.

Beosound 3000, BL 4000, BL 8000, BG 2404,BG 5000, BG CD50, Beocord 5000, BM 901, BM 2400, BM 4000, BV S45, BV 3702. There is nothing we cannot do, but a lot of things we don't want to do!!

• 06-13-2011 7:10 PM In reply to

I hear ya Leslie I have a rebuilt and restored BM4000 BC7700 (2) BM 2400 a BS 3300 plus others. All are currently not in use and collecting dust. Some for several months now. I need to start selling.

My setup of choice is my Beosytem 5000

I was thinking like buying evilBay over there or from another forum member. If and when I travel to Europe it wont be to buy B&O, more like a summer bicycle trip or just go "hang out" in a few places.

"crotch shot" to illustrate paint detail.

I pulled the one avatar because I was afraid Soren Mexico had developed "feelings" or maybe he just digs chicks with pancake makeup and latex painted all over there boobies.

• 06-13-2011 8:33 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

No wonder BeoLink 7000s are so expensive. Leslie is driving up prices by making them so rare!! 

LaughingLaughingLaughingWink

On a serious note though Leslie, amazing job on those BeoLinks!! WOW.

Evan

• 06-13-2011 9:38 PM In reply to

Eugene:
    I pulled the one avatar because I was afraid Soren Mexico had developed "feelings" or maybe he just digs chicks with pancake makeup and latex painted all over there boobies.

For bicycle trips Denmark is ideal, I wont be there, I prefere more sofisticated transportation.Laughing

As for pancake make up, here is my preferenceWhistle but I do like your ever changing avatars

Beosound 3000, BL 4000, BL 8000, BG 2404,BG 5000, BG CD50, Beocord 5000, BM 901, BM 2400, BM 4000, BV S45, BV 3702. There is nothing we cannot do, but a lot of things we don't want to do!!

• 06-13-2011 11:40 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Right now I'm breaking down my late Grandfather's Realistic SA 100C amplifier. 

I'm going to do my best trying to do a full restoration on it, looks as well as electricals.

I am documenting it, but since its not beo I wasnt going to post it. I will make a thread for it if you guys want to see it.

(sorry for the buzzkill fellas)

Evan

• 06-14-2011 2:01 AM In reply to

Wow Søren! I'm collecting BL7000's and you're collecting Beosounds 8Big Smile

@Evan, BL7000 are not that rare. Ever watch Ebay.de? Last one I bought was for 112 euro's.

@Eugene, you are a (technical skilled) lady? Me and a friend of mine (member Spiros) were talking about you yesterday wondering if you were a guy or a lady (or bothEmbarrassed). If you are (or bothEmbarrassed) then that's good to hear. I wonder if there are more female membersHmm

Anyway, if you will come to Europe, Holland is a nice country to cycle, like Denmark (flat, flat, flat)!

Beovirus? What's that?

• 06-14-2011 6:29 AM In reply to

Leslie:

Wow Søren! I'm collecting BL7000's and you're collecting Beosounds 8Big Smile

@Evan, BL7000 are not that rare. Ever watch Ebay.de? Last one I bought was for 112 euro's.

@Eugene, you are a (technical skilled) lady? Me and a friend of mine (member Spiros) were talking about you yesterday wondering if you were a guy or a lady (or bothEmbarrassed). If you are (or bothEmbarrassed) then that's good to hear. I wonder if there are more female membersHmm

Anyway, if you will come to Europe, Holland is a nice country to cycle, like Denmark (flat, flat, flat)!

A man. a woman or Lady Gaga ? I could be.......?  but then that would all depend on how much the "Doctor" (Peter) charges for the necessary proceedures.

A couple recent acquisitions awaiting for me to put the whammy on. The package are clutch washer sets from Martin. One of my favorite vintage B&O sets.

• 06-14-2011 8:32 AM In reply to

Eugene:
    The package are clutch washer sets from Martin. One of my favorite vintage B&O sets.

It would be nice to see a separate thread for these pieces being restored -especially regarding the clutch mechs.

• B&o bottle opener
  • 06-14-2011 10:03 AM In reply to

When I see what Leslie and he/she, Lady Gaga, Eugene is collecting and restoring I get inspired to do more, but as my tecnical skills and my budget isn't up to it yet, I must go slow and learn as I go.

The cluch sets are interesting and lets hope that Eugene post a thread when he/she starts doing them.

• 06-14-2011 10:19 AM In reply to

• Rich
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-11-2010
    • Orlando, Florida, USA
    • Posts 1,089
    • Gold Member

Evan:

I'm going to do my best trying to do a full restoration on it, looks as well as electricals.

I am documenting it, but since its not beo I wasnt going to post it. I will make a thread for it if you guys want to see it.

Then it must be time to refoam the Realistic T 120s as well!  Don't be ashamed - just call it practice!

Current primary listening:  SMMC20EN -> BG4002 -> BM4000 -> Beovox M70

• 06-14-2011 4:14 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Rich:

Then it must be time to refoam the Realistic T 120s as well!  Don't be ashamed - just call it practice!

You mean re-refoam?! Laughing I suppose I could, only one of the tens needs to be redone. I was quite proud of myself after that project - first time and 3/4 were perfect!

I also rushed that project and threw in some incorrect value caps. Need to change that...

Evan

• 06-14-2011 4:16 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Today I didn't make any progress on the audio stuff, I am waiting for caps in the mail.

So in the meantime, I've started another project!

Evan

• 06-14-2011 4:19 PM In reply to

• Rich
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-11-2010
    • Orlando, Florida, USA
    • Posts 1,089
    • Gold Member

Rich:

Evan:

I missed that project then!  Must've been while I was AWOL from last October through February or so.

• 06-14-2011 6:40 PM In reply to

Søren Mexico:

When I see what Leslie and he/she, Lady Gaga, Eugene is collecting and restoring I get inspired to do more, but as my tecnical skills and my budget isn't up to it yet, I must go slow and learn as I go.

The cluch sets are interesting and lets hope that Eugene post a thread when he/she starts doing them.

I will, I promise.... when I get around to it .... but for now here is a little pancake makeup and latex to tide you over till I do.

• 06-14-2011 11:21 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Rich:

I missed that project then!  Must've been while I was AWOL from last October through February or so.

Yes sir! I restored them as a Christmas gift for my father, he bought them new back in college, handed them down to me when I was about 12 and during that time the rings went and I got some JBLs. In pre-Christmas months he was on the verge of throwing them away ad I wanted to make them worth keeping. So I snatched them out of the basement one day and did the repairs over winter break at my Mom's house. I was super rushed because I was leaving for Germany less than one week after school let out. I ordered the parts well before and tried to get as much done as possible. Meeting my deadline, I took them back over to the house and while he was at work I set it all up in his office. The complete college setup; the T-120s, Yamaha R-7, Magnavox CD player and even his Audio Technica ATH-3s. He walked in to an amzing suprise and is still thrilled!

Here's a few pics:

Woofer rings just plain vanished!! Laughing Contemplating whether or not I could even pull it off, I kept saying to myself "its only the two woofers.." - that usually calmed me down. I was worried when I discovered the mids were foam too...

New caps from a local stereo shop. There you can see the overload light on the cross. Pretty sure you told me about that pre-AWOL. I relocated th light (so that it would be useful!) outside of the cabinet at the very top.

Here you can see the overload lights (horrendous looking), but invisible with frets over top. Additionally I removed all spade terminals and replaced with solder. Reattached fallen dampening material and waxed cabinets (3 times each).

Here is the finished product. Very fun to listen to! I even ran his PC audio to the amp and gave him a lead for his iPod!

Smile

Evan

• 06-15-2011 8:41 AM In reply to

• Rich
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-11-2010
    • Orlando, Florida, USA
    • Posts 1,089
    • Gold Member

Evan:

Rich:

The complete college setup; the T-120s, Yamaha R-7, Magnavox CD player and even his Audio Technica ATH-3s. He walked in to an amzing suprise and is still thrilled!

Pretty sure you told me about that pre-AWOL. I relocated th light (so that it would be useful!) outside of the cabinet at the very top.

Very cool.  Because of its size, a relatively straightforward speaker to work on to get your feet wet.  Refoaming and recapping something like an S40 should be a piece of cake now.

I indeed told you about the light.  The only time I ever saw it engaged was one night we were partying and messing around with a mixing board, a couple of turntables, and a microphone ("I've got two turntables and a microphone....").  Some guy blew a whistle into the microphone.  You could see the glow of the light through the fret cloth at the bass reflex port.

I went into one of the three hi-fi shops in Ann Arbor, Michigan in 1988 to buy a Yamaha R-7.  I already had a Yamaha K-720 cassette deck from that place and a pair of Phase Technology loudspeakers.  Nobody had waited on me after a half an hour so I went up the street to the second shop and ended up buying an NAD 7240PE.  If that shop hadn't waited on me, I would have gone to the third shop clear across town and perhaps would've ended up going over budget with a Beomaster 5500.

• 06-15-2011 9:10 AM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

He had a Natural Sound Tape Deck also (*peeks in basement storage*), a K-340. His R-7 is an 1984 model.

Having the overload light outside also makes it much easier to replace the bulb!

Going forward, I do need to refoam one of my S45-2s, the surround is actually torn in one spot. It may have been there since before I bought them but I woudn't be suprised if I caused it! I've been eyeing some Fostex caps to overhaul them with....

Evan

• 06-15-2011 9:26 AM In reply to

• Rich
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-11-2010
    • Orlando, Florida, USA
    • Posts 1,089
    • Gold Member

Evan:

Going forward, I do need to refoam one of my S45-2s, the surround is actually torn in one spot. It may have been there since before I bought them but I woudn't be suprised if I caused it! I've been eyeing some Fostex caps to overhaul them with....

Post a picture of the damage.  You may be able to repair instead of replace.  I had built a pair of loudspeakers from Vifa drivers in the early 90s, and a visiting toddler managed to cut the rubber surround of one 8" woofer from some sharp object he shouldn't have been handling.  I was able to repair it with some hobby adhesive or another I had back then.  When the repair was finished, you couldn't see the damage (I never fretted the custom builts, which is how the toddler was able to damage them!), and you certainly couldn't hear a difference.

I recapped my S45-2s with a kit from Martin.  I used Solen polypropylene caps from Meniscus for my M70s and S40s.  Meniscus also carries PulseX polypropylene, SoniCap polypropylene, and ERSE NP electrolytic.  I have purchased from Meniscus since 1987 when I built my first pair of speakers.  I am eager to experiment with their Eco-Core damping material (have about 8 square feet of it) in my M70s.  It is very similar in density to B&O original, but is stiffer and should hold shape over time better.

• 06-15-2011 3:29 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Once I am near the 'Vox I'll snap a pic. The tear is about .25" long or so.

I have a two way speaker I've been wanting to build to go with this Realistic amp I have here, I think I'll be using this amp along with those 2-ways I build when I move into the dorms. I don't think I'll be able to take any of my Labs or Voxen with me!!

Evan

• 06-15-2011 3:44 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Here it is! In great shape too!! At the very least, I'll be changing caps and respraying the brown for a refresh. The speaker jacks are RCA and I've thought about adding some nice terminals, to help give it that audiophile look.

There is no year printed on it.. anywhere! Google only uncovered 1973 as a possibility.

You can find the resto-thread for this unit HERE on AudioKarma. Don't want to clog up the BeoWorld with non Beo Embarrassed

Evan

Page 13 of 21 (524 items) « First ... < Previous 11 12 13 14 15 Next > ... Last »