in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-28-2012 7:24 PM by Eugene. 523 replies.
Page 12 of 21 (524 items) « First ... < Previous 10 11 12 13 14 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-11-2011 7:36 PM In reply to

Re: What Are You Working On Now ?

Andre:
    do not disturb the wires near the spot where the loose wire could go

You may saySuper Angry, and or jump around a little, but please don't move anything.Big Smile

Beosound 3000, BL 4000, BL 8000, BG 2404,BG 5000, BG CD50, Beocord 5000, BM 901, BM 2400, BM 4000, BV S45, BV 3702. There is nothing we cannot do, but a lot of things we don't want to do!!

• 05-11-2011 8:24 PM In reply to

looked through the photos I took during my rebuild last month and I am not sure mine is wired quite the same as yours leslie. or simply the black/ white wire on yours was replaced with a solid black on mine but heres the pics from mine anyways. I would look to matching up the lump.

But based on my set the wire definately does not belong on the preset.

• 05-11-2011 10:11 PM In reply to

• yachadm
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-24-2007
    • Jerusalem, Israel
    • Posts 687
    • Bronze Member

Leslie

I checked on my BM3400 - same FM circuit.

That black/white wire goes to the Preset box, to the same blob as the black wire, adjacent to the 2 green wires. That blob is the only blob with 2 wires on it.

Also, DeOxit in all the Preset pots brought them back to smooth life.

Menahem

Learn from the mistakes of others - you'll not live long enough to make them all yourself!

• 05-11-2011 10:16 PM In reply to

For the strip, I would use Andres good advise and check with a thread counter.

The potis, take them apart (difficault)and if you have the pieces, glue whats broken, and clean everything, or Martin for the used ones.

Beosound 3000, BL 4000, BL 8000, BG 2404,BG 5000, BG CD50, Beocord 5000, BM 901, BM 2400, BM 4000, BV S45, BV 3702. There is nothing we cannot do, but a lot of things we don't want to do!!

• 05-12-2011 6:41 AM In reply to

At work now during lunch break I've been reading your comments and I can't wait to get home. If I can get it to work I could all kiss and hugg youLeft Hug. Not sure if one of the members is a femaleBig Smile

B&O item 1, B&O item 2, B&O item 3,...................B&O item 735

Beovirus? What's that?

• 05-12-2011 7:28 AM In reply to

• Step1
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-06-2008
    • Manchester
    • Posts 961
    • Gold Member

Eugene:

But based on my set the wire definately does not belong on the preset.

Look again Eugene, while the wires are not the same colours as Leslies or attached to the same common point on the preset PCB  they are wired up exactly the same! Looks like the black was a little short to reach the pcb in your set! I would also summise that the zebra losts its stripes due to heat and old age maybe?? :)

Olly.

• 06-07-2011 3:11 PM In reply to

About time my Beosystem 5500 and Beolabs 5000 (full of scratches and dents) needed a restoration. So I was looking for a company that could deliver me the stainless mirror finished sheets for a reosanable price and yes, found one in the UK (thanks Paul Wheeler) ! In fact they are very cheap comparing to other companies I have searched for.

Just look at my refurbished new look of the Beosystem 5500 in whiteSmile

The bending of the sheets for the Beolabs has been done locally here in Holland and they did a splendid job! Also the logo "BANG & OLUFSEN" looks great!

Beovirus? What's that?

• 06-07-2011 3:49 PM In reply to

Btw, same thing I did with another 5500 but now in blackSmile

Beovirus? What's that?

• 06-07-2011 6:57 PM In reply to

Stunning only begins to describe what I see Leslie.

• 06-07-2011 10:15 PM In reply to

• Rich
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-10-2010
    • Orlando, Florida, USA
    • Posts 1,089
    • Gold Member

Eugene:

Since I'm otherwise speechless, I guess I'll just say, "What Eugene said."

Current primary listening:  SMMC20EN -> BG4002 -> BM4000 -> Beovox M70

• 06-07-2011 11:18 PM In reply to

Rich:

Eugene:

Since I'm otherwise speechless, I guess I'll just say, "What Eugene said."

Speechlees, nearly fell of my chair.

• 06-08-2011 8:27 AM In reply to

• egoh
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-12-2011
    • Austin, Texas - USA
    • Posts 77
    • Gold Member

Leslie, Amazing work! Can you review what you did to those 5500s?

I'm assuming: painted plastic, polished metal, applied stickers. Is that correct? If so, can you talk about the polishing process?

• 06-09-2011 2:21 AM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Leslie, that is an awesome looking system you have there!!! Very well done!

On a side note; Look out for my 3000-2 fixin thread to pop up soon everybody. School is out and I want my vintage system up and running again ASAP!

Evan

• 06-09-2011 4:57 PM In reply to

Thanks guys for all your encouraging comments, makes me proud in what I'm doing.

After 2 years BW member I'm improving thanks to all other members, what a nice hobbySmile

@Eric, Plastic housing have been sprayed (3 times) with white laquer.

The first set has been “texted” with rub on transfer letters and sprayed after with transparent laquer.

The 2nd black version has been laser engraved, done by a Dutch company called Adelfi.

Regarding polishing process I have asked Paul what his company does with these stainless sheets.

His answer:

To explain briefly how we polish,everything is done in sheet form on big flat bed machines. The sheet sizes range from 2000mm x 1000mm upto 4000mm x 1250mm, anything from 0.5mm thick upto 6m thick. For my side of selling bits and pieces I just then guillotine the sheets down to various sizes. Probably easier to understand looking at our main polishing website of www.warleypolishing.co.uk. Many pictures of the various machines in action.

For those who might be interested, for the 5 components (side and top plates of each Beothing incl. MCP) I paid around 35GBP. Ask Paul to cut them, he’s most precise with the guillotine (handcut)!

More pictures? Here we go again....

Beovirus? What's that?

• 06-09-2011 7:03 PM In reply to

Evan:

On a side note; Look out for my 3000-2 fixin thread to pop up soon everybody. School is out and I want my vintage system up and running again ASAP!

Thanks Evan, you make me curious about the 3000-2 fixin thread. Btw, thanks for infecting meWink

Beovirus? What's that?

• 06-09-2011 7:21 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Leslie:

Evan:

Thanks Evan, you make me curious about the 3000-2 fixin thread. Btw, thanks for infecting meWink

Its a thread I started ages ago when my 3000-2 suddenly went silent. Search "snap crackle pop" Laughing

Did I really infect you with the white-strain of the BeoVirus?!

Evan

• 06-09-2011 9:35 PM In reply to

no beocrack projects currently , instead.

• 06-10-2011 8:28 AM In reply to

• egoh
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-12-2011
    • Austin, Texas - USA
    • Posts 77
    • Gold Member

Leslie, Thanks for the info. I still can't believe how great your results are. I know how tedious painting can be (especially the slats toward the back of the unit)...amazing work.

• 06-11-2011 6:12 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Officially started my media center / pseudo BeoMedia 1 project.

It will provide mostly audio but also some video. All audio sent to BM4500 and system.

I hit the computer stores right after work, grabbed a SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS card with the matching Audigy 2 connection interface control board thing. ...and I have no idea how to hook the two together! Laughing

Ok. Antivirus sw installed. Next is iTunes, then BeoPlayer!

Evan

• 06-11-2011 9:27 PM In reply to

Evan:

Officially started my media center / pseudo BeoMedia 1 project.

It will provide mostly audio but also some video. All audio sent to BM4500 and system.

I hit the computer stores right after work, grabbed a SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS card with the matching Audigy 2 connection interface control board thing. ...and I have no idea how to hook the two together! Laughing

Ok. Antivirus sw installed. Next is iTunes, then BeoPlayer!

Good luck my friend 

Many versions of Beoworld ago (when it was run by Steve in France) I cracked open a 5000 tape deck, removed its innards, and dismantled two laptops to try to create a BeoMaster 5000 compatible BeoPlayer :)

I had bad luck and fried the IBM laptop with some short circuit somewhere :-(

And the next laptop could not cope with the heat inside the 5000 tape deck case and its MP3s would stutter under pressure :-(

So in the end I gave up and some five years later went down the MacMini path

But I fully support your desire to create something unique, something tailored ... I would too ... if I only had time :-(

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 06-11-2011 9:53 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

That sounds like a great project Ed! ...and yes, a lot of time needed. The only reason I have time for what I'm doing is because it is summer and have no classes! 

Its basically a PC that will sit behind a chair Laughing Nothing to special, but fun for sure. I'm just trying to create a dedicated space for my music and a place for my friends to play new music and videos from on my beosystem.

Smile

Evan

• 06-12-2011 10:34 AM In reply to

Evan:
    I'm just trying to create a dedicated space for my music and a place for my friends to play new music and videos from on my beosystem.

I bought a new cheap E-maschines, 300 GB, 2 GB Ram, put in a Creative platinum sound card, connected to my Onkyo, to flat screen, to BG 5000, to BL 4000/8000.

Installed Itunes and grabbed all my CDs and some of my vinyl (still a lot to grab), the computer is connected to my wireless router.

I have some 6000 tracks in Itunes all 320 Kbs, and I can watch internet TV and listen to internet radio, and with wireless keyboard and mouse, and the Onkyo remote, I manage all from my relax chair. To the Onkyo I have a cabel connect for guests bringing their Ipods.

• 06-12-2011 1:54 PM In reply to

I started out like you with a cheap (second hand) laptop, but in those days they were underpowered even compared to an e-machine.

Søren Mexico:
    I have some 6000 tracks in Itunes all 320 Kbs, and I can watch internet TV and listen to internet radio, and with wireless keyboard and mouse, and the Onkyo remote, I manage all from my relax chair. To the Onkyo I have a cabel connect for guests bringing their Ipods.

I have some 13,000 tracks that take up 79GB, also recorded as 320KBS MP3s although now I wish I had recorded them all in one of the lossless formats.  The bigger consumers of our mini AV server are our photos (including some iPhone videos) and our video files from a variety of sources.

Although I know that to save space I should delete :) our supposedly temporary recordings of TV shows continues to grow - the past 4 weeks' of Sunday have been problematic with 3 schedule conflicting series: so we have recorded two of them but not managed to even start watching them Laughing

The one disappointment so far has been my attempts to capture my Music DVDs -- they are not as simple to capture as CDs -- and nor is accessing them through PLEX easy.  I am sure it is something I could address ... if I only had time.

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 06-12-2011 2:05 PM In reply to

• Rich
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-10-2010
    • Orlando, Florida, USA
    • Posts 1,089
    • Gold Member

elephant:

The one disappointment so far has been my attempts to capture my Music DVDs -- they are not as simple to capture as CDs -- and nor is accessing them through PLEX easy.  I am sure it is something I could address ... if I only had time.

Ripping Blu-ray/DVD and converting same.

Current primary listening:  SMMC20EN -> BG4002 -> BM4000 -> Beovox M70

• 06-12-2011 6:07 PM In reply to

Rich:

elephant:

Ripping Blu-ray/DVD and converting same.

Thanks Rich ... I have been using HandBrake up to now 

Page 12 of 21 (524 items) « First ... < Previous 10 11 12 13 14 Next > ... Last »