in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-26-2008 2:21 AM by Bieele. 75 replies.
Page 3 of 4 (76 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-08-2008 8:58 AM In reply to

Re: The Beosystem 3 Owners Thread

It's certainly been a long time since anyone has used this thread, however my Beosystem 3 was installed last night by my local dealer and i have to say it's INCREDIBLE!!! Everything worked first go with my Sony LCD and the picture quality on the screen is, in my opinion, better than before!

I'm still in the process of sourcing a centre speaker however even with stealing my rear BL3 to use as centre, it sounds incredible. I'm also controlling everything through my Beo4, which has shed at least 3 remotes.

So far, no issues!!

Beosystem 3, Beosound 4, Beolab 9, Beolab 3, Beolab 8000

• 10-08-2008 1:36 PM In reply to

• Max
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Devon
    • Posts 64
    • Founder

Congratulations and welcome to the club!

Let us know how you get on and keep us posted of your centre speaker choice.

Max. 

My B&O is in my Bio.

• 10-08-2008 2:08 PM In reply to

apearce:

It's certainly been a long time since anyone has used this thread, however my Beosystem 3 was installed last night by my local dealer and i have to say it's INCREDIBLE!!! Everything worked first go with my Sony LCD and the picture quality on the screen is, in my opinion, better than before!

I'm still in the process of sourcing a centre speaker however even with stealing my rear BL3 to use as centre, it sounds incredible. I'm also controlling everything through my Beo4, which has shed at least 3 remotes.

So far, no issues!!

What model Sony are you using?  Does the Beo 4 turn it on and off just as if it were a B and O panel?

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 10-08-2008 5:13 PM In reply to

I have the KDL-46X2000, unfortunately there is no RS232 port on it so i'm stuck with 2 remote controls....one that simply turns the TV on and Off and the Beo4 that does EVERYTHING else......it's bearable....for now.

Actually the one thing i need to look into is the converter that takes in IR and converts to Bluetooth for my PS3. What does everyone use for this? I've seen articles on the IR2BT, does anyone have any experience with this, or can offer advise on others?

• 10-09-2008 3:55 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

The BS3 can have a puc update to conrtol a PS3 as it output the controls for the PS3 convertor remote what takes in the IR signals and plus into the ps3 via USB as it was origianlly for the PS2.

As for turnign the tv off why not buy a lintronic convertor so when you press the source of anything visual it can output the on command for your tv and when you press off it outputs the off comand.

Beovision 7 MKIV (Blu Ray)
    Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 10-09-2008 4:19 AM In reply to

I have the PS3 pucs installed on the BS3, i just need to get a reliable converter, so still on the hunt.

What converter are you referring too, i've not had any experience with the Lintronic range so if you could send a link or part code that would be great.

• 10-09-2008 4:25 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

Hi there

the puc is actually for a device for the PS2 as this had a USB receiver that recieved codes from a IR remote and sends them into the PS2 via USB

B&o puc code is for that convertor someone on here will know or have a search as i explored this a short while ago.

As for the convertor im not 100% up to date but you can get a http://www.lintronic.dk/TT455-RT-238.htm and program it to receive commands and send out other commands as i say many other users ono here have so much more info as others use it.

Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 10-09-2008 4:54 AM In reply to

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

apearce:

I have the PS3 pucs installed on the BS3, i just need to get a reliable converter, so still on the hunt.

What converter are you referring too, i've not had any experience with the Lintronic range so if you could send a link or part code that would be great.

I am using a Nyko remote to control my PS3 via BS3

http://www.nyko.com/nyko/products/?i=113

/weebyx

• 10-09-2008 5:02 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

thanks Weebyx i knew someone woudl help out there

Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 10-09-2008 7:46 AM In reply to

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

seanklemis:
    thanks Weebyx i knew someone woudl help out there

I got the tip from my dealer, apparantly this is the remote that the PS3 PUC controller codes has been made for, i borrowed one from my dealer, and it works like a charm.

One thing though, it is not possible to turn the PS3 on/off with this remote, since the PS3 shuts off the power to the USB port when turned off. However i am just using my orig. PS3 remote to turn on/off with, and then Beo5 to the rest,

By the way, it is not easy to play GTA5 Prologue with Beo5 :)

/Weebyx

• 10-10-2008 4:35 AM In reply to

Thanks Weebyx,

I popped into my dealer yesterday and he showed me that exact remote, so i've just ordered one online (£8.95).

So is it just Power On/Off that can't be controlled?? Is there a solution for this?

• 10-10-2008 6:40 AM In reply to

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

apearce:

Thanks Weebyx,

I popped into my dealer yesterday and he showed me that exact remote, so i've just ordered one online (£8.95).

So is it just Power On/Off that can't be controlled?? Is there a solution for this?

I believe someone has been experimenting with a strip of electric leading material which is placed over the physical on/off button, and then controlled via some ir device. I have just accepted that i need a controller or PS3 remote to turn on/off with. It is not worth the hasle i think.

/Weebyx

• 10-10-2008 7:24 AM In reply to

Beosystem 3 can turn sony panel on/off. I've my sony panel listed in the BS3 puc list. I am using IR flasher that goes in the BS3 IR1+2 to the sony screen and i am able to turn the tv on/off using beo 4.
  • 10-10-2008 9:48 AM In reply to

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

subversive:
    Beosystem 3 can turn sony panel on/off. I've my sony panel listed in the BS3 puc list. I am using IR flasher that goes in the BS3 IR1+2 to the sony screen and i am able to turn the tv on/off using beo 4.

But that does'nt work with the Playstation 3.

It is not possible to turn the PS3 on via IR receivers since the PS3 shuts off the power to the USB ports when off. You can turn it off via the PS3 menu, but you cannot turn it on again.

The PS3 uses originally Bluetooth as remote devices, so for it to be able to handle the IR codes from BS3, then you need a IR dobgle that goes into the PS3 USB port.

/Weebyx

• 10-10-2008 11:14 AM In reply to

Thanks for that subversive, is the IR on the Sony, the far right light on the glass section at the bottom?? If not, can you explain where it goes.

• 10-10-2008 12:58 PM In reply to

It is on the far right side on the glass section of the sony screen and you can place it behind that glass instead of front. You would also need an IR Y adapter that will go on the IR 1+2 on BS3.  IR Y adapter has 1 input silver and the other Gold. If your B&O dealer doesn't know send me a PM and I will get you the part number. The IR cable will go in either silver or gold input. I don't know exactly which one because i would have to look at my setup.
  • 10-10-2008 1:06 PM In reply to

subversive:

It is not possible to turn the PS3 on via IR receivers since the PS3 shuts off the power to the USB ports when off. You can turn it off via the PS3 menu, but you cannot turn it on again.

The PS3 uses originally Bluetooth as remote devices, so for it to be able to handle the IR codes from BS3, then you need a IR dobgle that goes into the PS3 USB port.

/Weebyx

I agree with you about the PS3 but I was talking about turning on/off sony panel not PS3. I am controlling my PS3 using a Nyko USB dongle and it works great except turning on/off. I really don't care about the on/off feature because I've to get up anyway to place the disk in the PS3. 

• 10-10-2008 2:51 PM In reply to

Have any of you actualy found a Uk seler for the Nyko dongle?  Maybe my google skils are leting me down but I can't find any in the UK.

Thanks

• 10-10-2008 4:20 PM In reply to

Sorry! I am in USA and there are plenty available here in store and online.
  • 10-10-2008 4:24 PM In reply to

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

subversive:
    subversive:

/Weebyx

I agree with you about the PS3 but I was talking about turning on/off sony panel not PS3. I am controlling my PS3 using a Nyko USB dongle and it works great except turning on/off. I really don't care about the on/off feature because I've to get up anyway to place the disk in the PS3. 

Ah, ok, så you were commenting on another message ?

It is a bit confusing when not using the "quote" option instead of the reply :)

/Weebyx

• 10-13-2008 6:15 AM In reply to

I bought from ebay, should arrive early this week.

• 10-13-2008 6:36 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Being such a complex product, would you consider this product worthy of its own forum like the Beo5 - or do you think this one thread will suffice?

Please bear in mind a forum must be used regularly..

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 10-13-2008 8:19 AM In reply to

I think that questions about BS3 come up, but maybe not enough to warrant a dedicated thread, as you said, it would need to be used regularly.

• 10-13-2008 10:32 AM In reply to

• kawo
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 516
    • Founder

Lee, I don't think we need an extra forum! Hopefully this thread will be used more and more instead starting new ones with  simular questions. May be the moderators should close other threads and force the members to post here to avoid tons of new useless ones.

Karsten 

BV4-50, Beosystem 3, Beolab 5, Beolab 3, BV3-32, BV1, BS9000, Beolab 4, Beolab 2000, Beo4 Cinema

• 10-25-2008 7:58 PM In reply to

Actually perhaps we do need a mini BS3 forum. After all the BS3 is gaining in popularity including its use with non B&O peripherals. AND (never start a sentence with a conjunction)  my new BS 3 arrives tomorrow. I am 50 and my wife says I have been impossible to live with for the past week. Tomorrow I shall be receiving (drum roll) a Beosystem 3, Beovision 4 50", Beoliving Samsung Projector with auto Projector Lift, Stewart 100" in ceiling stealthscreen, Beolab 10 centre speaker and a PS3. I already have a pair of Lab 5s, Lab 3s, BS9000 .

Will take pictures and post as the installation progresses. I expect I will be posting and using this thread quite a bit over the next few days / weeks.

ON an even more positive note I just want to thank this forum. Over the years I have derived both inspiration and motivation for more and more B&O (the madness must stop) and must thank Peter, Lee, Keith and others for their energy and committment in keeping this forum on the straight and narrow and on balance an unbiased one (warts and all). 

Peter 

Page 3 of 4 (76 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >