in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-26-2008 2:21 AM by Bieele. 75 replies.
Page 1 of 4 (76 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-01-2007 2:30 AM

• kawo
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 516
    • Founder

The Beosystem 3 Owners Thread

Hi All,

I think we have more and more proud owners of a Beosystem 3 within Beoworld. As this device is a "monster" in functionality and configuration, quite often some help from others could be very helpful. My suggestion is to get all information and expirience in one thread as now all information is spread over different places.

Karsten 

BV4-50, Beosystem 3, Beolab 5, Beolab 3, BV3-32, BV1, BS9000, Beolab 4, Beolab 2000, Beo4 Cinema

• 07-01-2007 2:39 AM In reply to

• kawo
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 516
    • Founder

Re: The Beosystem 3 Owners Thread

My Beosystem 3 arrived yesterday. The good thing: SW 3.1 is on it. The bad thing, it does not work propperly....

The unit has a problem in detecting the attached projector resolution (EDID Data). This information is not correctly shown. (go to the customer service menu MENU - red button on Beo4 and within 3 seconds GO). Sometimes nothing is listed, sometimes the projector is found and named but with VGA resolution instead of 1080p. So I forced the BS3 to 1080p in the connections menu.

And the funny part is, HDMI DVD and YUV sources are displayed in 1080p (I have a Full HD projetor) but not the TV signal of the Beosystem 3. My projectors displays "out of frequenvy range" when I switch to TV. If I reconnect it to a different HDMI input of the projector it works....but If I switch to an other source like DVD and switch back to TV...."Out of frequency range"

So I will call the service on Monday...

Karsten 

BV4-50, Beosystem 3, Beolab 5, Beolab 3, BV3-32, BV1, BS9000, Beolab 4, Beolab 2000, Beo4 Cinema

• 07-01-2007 5:12 AM In reply to

• Mico
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-06-2007
    • Finland
    • Posts 136
    • Founder

kawo:

Hi All,

I think we have more and more proud owners of a Beosystem 3 within Beoworld. As this device is a "monster" in functionality and configuration, quite often some help from others could be very helpful. My suggestion is to get all information and expirience in one thread as now all information is spread over different places.

Karsten 

Support this, especially when you are new to the system it would be very helpful to read posts without searching them from various places. The BS3 seems to sometimes have strange software related features (some call them bugs), it would be helpfull to find related data easily. Especially us who want configure and master the unit ourselves would find that beneficial. - all respect to helpful dealers. Daelers are typically helpful but lack the answers for difficult issues.

• 07-01-2007 6:19 AM In reply to

• Max
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Devon
    • Posts 64
    • Founder

I agree, it would help consolidate experiences as I remember searching the old forum widely before purchasing my Beosystem. It may help having some stucture to it (FAQ?) otherwise it could end up being a massive thread which could become difficult to track.

My B&O is in my Bio.

• 07-01-2007 8:35 AM In reply to

Yes - would be good to add some structure to it - either in form of a FAQ or perhaps a BeoSystem 3 Forum.

I use my BeoSystem 3 with a non-b&o plasma 42" Panasonic - but all my signals looks worse with my BeoSystem 3 than without. I know I dont have the "correct" non-b&o plasma to get the best out of the BeoSystem 3.

Which non-b&o plasma works best with the BeoSystem 3 do you think? and which of these support Full HD?

• 07-01-2007 9:51 AM In reply to

• roarmo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-12-2007
    • Posts 5
    • Silver Member

I am running the Beosystem 3 together with a Hitachi PJ-TX200 for the moment, and experienced problem with signal via HDMI. I was able to resolve the problem by entering the service menu, adjustments, and turn the 60Hz switch for the correct port to ON.

When watching TV, there were no signal dispalyed, but pressing the teletext-button on the remote, so that is displayed both text and TV displayed a picture (not correct aspect). Changing the 60hz to ON as described above solved my problem. You should try it out.

RoMo.
  • 07-01-2007 3:31 PM In reply to

• Mico
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-06-2007
    • Finland
    • Posts 136
    • Founder

chrisped:

Yes - would be good to add some structure to it - either in form of a FAQ or perhaps a BeoSystem 3 Forum.

I use my BeoSystem 3 with a non-b&o plasma 42" Panasonic - but all my signals looks worse with my BeoSystem 3 than without. I know I dont have the "correct" non-b&o plasma to get the best out of the BeoSystem 3.

Which non-b&o plasma works best with the BeoSystem 3 do you think? and which of these support Full HD?

FAQ would be the way to go.

To the second issue. Have you tried to identify your plasma as one of the B&O panels? Should be the one closest to your panel's specs. I am using an LG panel identified as a B&O panel. This way I get a picture quality that is as good or slightly better than with an external STB and the LG.

The picture needs manual adjusting every now and then (LIST+Format 3+EXIT) to get the 16/9 correctly.

• 07-02-2007 2:41 AM In reply to

• kawo
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 516
    • Founder

I spent the night with my BS3 until 3 in the morning....Stick out tongue with some new findings:

I tried the 60Hz options with sucess, so I can watch TV now...however, with 60Hz you see judder watching PAL TV (very obvious with news channels with a ticker running). So 50Hz is a must.

My Toslink to SPDIF converter (from my local B&O store) does not work with the BS3, I need to check if it works with my BV3-32Tongue Tied

Also some settings have no effecht, like audio via HDMI, if you select SDIF instead of HDMI it is ignored and HDMI audio is still active

Also the picture prozesser of the BS3 makes the image much darker. (I compared the direct connections of the HD-DVD player to th projector and through the BS3). I changed the Brightness on the projector to get a better image. However, in the BS3 service menu are sooooo many settings to adjust the image and also I don't know the effect of the missing display identification to the auto contrast or black lever adjustment. 

I hope I can get the dealers BS3 today for a cross check.

Karsten 

• 07-02-2007 4:03 AM In reply to

• Max
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Devon
    • Posts 64
    • Founder

Hi Karsten - I used Maplin's Toslink converters (http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=29293&criteria=toslink%20converter&doy=2m7) and they worked fine - not sure if these are suitable for where you are, if not I'm sure you be able to get something similar.

I had noticed the BS3 picture was darker with my Panasonic and as I connected up the serial cable to wake up the panel, the BS3 also controlled the picture settings. I was looking into the service menu and decided to leave well alone (a recent foray into the customer menu resulted in no picture by changing auto-detect! Fixed with the Beo4 reset procedure, but my wife wasn't too impressed).

I had my SD screen registered as a BV-4 42 D7 which seemed to work fine and interestingly after the SW3.1 upgrade at the weekend, it no longer changes the picture settings allowing manual (brighter) settings to be applied from the panel. The menus now enable selection of the display resolution when the screen type is set to generic, which has changed from 2.6.

My B&O is in my Bio.

• 07-02-2007 8:42 AM In reply to

• kawo
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 516
    • Founder

Hi Max,

good idea, I will try a different converter soon!

I also took  my dealers  BS3 home with SW 2.7 (without full HD support), same problem. After a quick chat with a B&O support guy I was a little bit disappointed because they all now these problems and keep on selling that stuff without sharing that info with their dealers...

So EDID is on the list as well as the 60Ht TV issue. Furtermore I can not get PCM Stereo from my CD player through digital SDIF, it sounds like an old record....a lot of digital interrupts.

Karsten 

• 07-27-2007 3:21 PM In reply to

Hi all,

I am now a owner of a BeoSystem 3, too. I added a Sony LCD to my equipement because I have seen that the SONY Screen is selectable from the PUC. But what does this mean if the Screen is selectable from the Peripheral Unit Controller? I thought that this is working like a STB Controller for the screen. At least to switch the screen on and off. But it is not working. Maybe I have misinterpreted the feature. Has anyone the know-how or experience what is the meaning of the screen choice in the BeoSystem?
    Thank you.

Frank

• 07-27-2007 11:39 PM In reply to

Hi,

what about the owners of a Pioneer Plasma? How do you switch on the panel?

Frank 

• 07-28-2007 1:21 PM In reply to

• Max
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Devon
    • Posts 64
    • Founder

Hi Frank,

Congratulations on your BeoSystem 3 purchase. Sorry I can't be of any help on your post, I use a Panasonic panel and it is happily controlled via the serial output. I had a quick look at my screen options and for non B&O Monitors, only generic is listed. Where do you see the Sony screen listed and I'm not sure I completely understand how a PUC works, as I had only seen it mentioned in relation to SCART connected devices?

Max.

My B&O is in my Bio.

• 07-29-2007 6:26 AM In reply to

• Corvin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Australia
    • Posts 124
    • Founder

frank2u,

I use a Pioneer Plasma and utilise the Lintronic box to activate the panel using the Beo4. I control all my devices and automation this way. Works wonders!

• 07-29-2007 2:10 PM In reply to

• frog
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 191
    • Founder

Corvin,As a matter of interest, which button do you use to trigger the Lintronic to send the on/off? I have a similar problem but can't decide which one to use to best effect.
  • 07-30-2007 2:55 AM In reply to

Hi Max,

my dealer programmed the PUC with some STB, DVD, and the Screen of my interest. There are about 10 possibilities to select for the PUC. I my case the SONY Screen is programmed. I thought it give me the possibility to switch the panel on and off, but now I think it is for automatic correction of colour and contrast. But i am also not sure about this. I will ask my dealer if he can get more information.

The Lintronic box is very interesting. Also I have seen on the Homepage of OneRemote that they offer a lot of reconstructed Beo4 for TV control Smile. There are some solutions that will work.

One other question. The built in tuner is an analogue one which is working with the TV key. Is it possible to disable the tuner and to use the TV key with external devices (STB)? 

• 07-30-2007 2:57 AM In reply to

• Corvin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Australia
    • Posts 124
    • Founder

Hi frog,

How i have set mine up is so that if i select any of the video options (TV,DTV,DVD,V.MEM) it will trigger an on command to the Plasma + the correct AV selection. If I select any non video component, it will trigger an off comand (obviously has no effect if the Plasma is off)

• 07-31-2007 4:46 PM In reply to

• Max
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Devon
    • Posts 64
    • Founder

Hi Frank,

I haven't found a way of overriding the TV button for alternative use, I have the same problem and I also have a DVB-T module fitted which takes the DTV button too. My STB is accessed via V.MEM and DVD-Recorder via DVD, to be honest I never use the onboard analogue tuner and would like to move them up one space to get something like this:

TV : DVB-T
    DTV : STB
    V.MEM : DVD-Recorder
    DVD : DVD (or HD player when the dust settles)

Max.

My B&O is in my Bio.

• 08-01-2007 2:38 AM In reply to

Hi Max,

there is a solution for the DTV button which is working. I found this in another thread: http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/post/24273.aspx

But I have nowhere found a solution for the TV button. 

• 08-01-2007 10:27 AM In reply to

• frog
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 191
    • Founder

Corvin:

Hi frog,

How i have set mine up is so that if i select any of the video options (TV,DTV,DVD,V.MEM) it will trigger an on command to the Plasma + the correct AV selection. If I select any non video component, it will trigger an off comand (obviously has no effect if the Plasma is off)

Ah, I see that works if you have separate on/off commands. I only have the one power button on the remote. I was planning to use the RECORD button as I don't use it for anything else.

• 08-01-2007 2:58 PM In reply to

• Max
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Devon
    • Posts 64
    • Founder

Thanks Frank - never thought of checking out the other Forums. I'd probably make that change if I didn't have the on-board DVB-T, I use it occasionally when I want to switch on the TV quickly and avoid the wait for the PVR to get the signal and boot up. You'd hope the same was possible for the TV button - I need to speak to my dealer soon, I'll ask and see what they come back with.

Max.

My B&O is in my Bio.

• 08-01-2007 10:26 PM In reply to

• Corvin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Australia
    • Posts 124
    • Founder

Frog,

What Plasma are you using. I had the same situation as you, it was a case of finding the codes for the on and off seperatly. Many of these are already available through the Lintronic online database.

• 08-02-2007 9:20 AM In reply to

• frog
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 191
    • Founder

Its a Samsung LCD I can't recall the product number but it is like the LN-T3242H. The remote only has one button for power on/off - and I suppose it toggles. It would be great to have discrete codes. The Lintronic database didn't list the TV, but listed another make which I have tried to use.
  • 08-02-2007 11:21 AM In reply to

• kawo
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 516
    • Founder

Today I visited my dealer and had the chance to take a look at the tool to generate the patches for the PUC of the BS3 to include new devices.

Beside a lot STB's and other stuff a couple of screens (all US models), some DVD player like the Toshi HD DVD and the Apple IPod dock and Remote are on that list. Unfortunately no Apple TV... (version # of the list was 1.04)  

My dealer will generate the File for me and will update my BS3 next week. Also he mentioned after a quick call with B&O that the new Firmware of the BS3 (no idea when it will released) will include some of the 3rd party devices. 

Karsten 

• 08-02-2007 11:40 AM In reply to

Apple has only one remote... and the iPod codes should work for the Apple TV
Page 1 of 4 (76 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >