in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-26-2010 12:38 AM by hagan. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-24-2010 2:24 PM

Which blueray player with BV-8

Can anybody tel me with which Blueray dvd player they have a good experience with in combination with PUC and a BV-8-40? I heard the Sony BPD350 was one of the choices.

• 11-24-2010 5:57 PM In reply to

Re: Which blueray player with BV-8

Nothing beats the PS3-RE-BL combination!

• 11-25-2010 3:28 AM In reply to

Toralfsen:
    Nothing beats the PS3-RE-BL combination!

I have to agree! The RE-BL for PS3 works really great! Big Smile

I have my PS3 hidden in the original BV8-40 cabinet. But if the PS3 "can't breathe" like it can't in my setup, it makes a lot of noise.

Now I already have a PS3, so I'm going to stick with it. But if I didn't and was on the lookout for a bluray player, I don't think I would choose a PS3. It's really bad that it makes SO much noise. Or else I think it would be a great choice.  

A good thing about the PS3 is that it can work in a MasterLink setup and send analog, so I can watch movies in the bedroom. It can't send both analog and digital at the same time, you have to choose. But it works like a charm.

Bottom line: I think it's a GREAT player and love RE-BL. But I think the PS3 is way to loud.

Hope this helps... Smile 

I was the second place winner on the BeoWorld May 2009 Prize Draw!

Thanks to BeoWorld for a great site!

Filed under: , ,
  • 11-25-2010 3:35 AM In reply to

Toralfsen,

What is RE-BL?

• 11-25-2010 3:40 AM In reply to

RE-BL is for controlling the PS3.  Smile

LINK 

I was the second place winner on the BeoWorld May 2009 Prize Draw!

Thanks to BeoWorld for a great site!

• 11-25-2010 4:57 AM In reply to

No need for the RE_BLSmile

Just buy the cheepest IR remote set for PS3 you can find, and use the IR-USB receiver from it.

Connect your IR-wire from PUC 1-4 to the IR-USB receiver and select PS3 in the PUC list in the setup.

The only thing is, that you can not turn the PS3 on. but we all need some exercise, and for most of the time your getting up to put in the DVD/Blueray disk Wink you can turn the PS3 off, in the PS Menu (all the way to the left and to the top) 

About the noice.... i have the PS3 Slim, and if it breaths ok, then the sound level is acceptable.

And together with the PS3Mediaserver http://ps3mediaserver.blogspot.com/ (Freeware) installed on a network PC/MAC it is a brilliant solutionYes -  thumbs up Acces your pictures/movies/Music from your Beo4/5

A solution for getting HDMI to linkrooms would be, to use a Atlon HDMI matrix. (Words from Bang & Olufsen Struer)

• 11-25-2010 6:14 AM In reply to

Sounds good Smedegaard. Thanks for all the info.

• 11-25-2010 4:56 PM In reply to

Any other BD besides PS3? I'm not a gamer...

The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

• 11-26-2010 12:38 AM In reply to

I´m using a Samsung BD-c7500 attached to the back of Bv10 by using stb bracket ( http://www.stbbrackets.co.uk/?page=proddetail&catID=37&ProdID=1138 ) Bracket works with Bv8 as well. The samsung works well but I have to use puc codes for Samsung Bd-p4600 otherwise pause, fast forward/rewind among other commands are missing.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)