in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-10-2010 10:42 AM by Schmedegaard. 115 replies.
Page 3 of 5 (116 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-05-2010 6:48 AM In reply to

Re: Saw a pic today!! BS8

I think you would be disappointed by the amount of 'secret info' that we get! Laughing The sheep tend to spill the salient features anyway! I don't think discussion of new products is banned anyway! The problem always comes when products are rubbished before all the details are known. Equally the posting of pictures which may or may not be accurate seems to cause problems rather than help. I have no problems one way or another persoanlly though as I have no official communication with B&O!

• 11-05-2010 2:20 PM In reply to

• Seven
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-22-2008
    • Posts 35
    • Bronze Member

Alright all this discussion made me curious. I found 2 pictures, but not that "spanish site".

No idea if these are legit. Make of it what you want:

The first one looks pretty nice, in a retro-futuristic-ken-adams kind-of-way.

Now lets see if anybody censors this :-)

• 11-05-2010 2:42 PM In reply to

Seven:

Alright all this discussion made me curious. I found 2 pictures, but not that "spanish site".

No idea if these are legit. Make of it what you want:

The first one looks pretty nice, in a retro-futuristic-ken-adams kind-of-way.

Hi,

my dealer showed me a pic of the "real thing" last week: It looks different!

• 11-05-2010 2:56 PM In reply to

Seven:

No need...

Your first link arrived on BeoWorld HERE on September 20, 2010

Your second link arrived on BeoWorld HERE on October 25, 2010

• B&o bottle opener
  • 11-05-2010 3:01 PM In reply to

• Seven
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-22-2008
    • Posts 35
    • Bronze Member

Alright, but I think I found that spanish site:

1. http://beospain.foroactivo.com/novedades-bo-f7/
    Now all we need is somebody who speaks spanish… Cool

• 11-05-2010 3:08 PM In reply to

Seven:

You need Angela El Grottos, but she won't help... pics pulled overnight.

• B&o bottle opener
  • 11-05-2010 3:12 PM In reply to

These pictures are not of the BeoSound 8...it looks far more classy than that!

I have seen the product, but as you all know, us dealers are not allowed to show pictures of the product, but believe me it will be worth the wait - very special!

• 11-05-2010 3:16 PM In reply to

burantek:

Seven:

You need Angela El Grottos, but she won't help... pics pulled overnight.

I hope that the pics on that site were fake. To me it didn´t look to hot. And they surely were photoshopped.

Anybody who saw them, and have seen the real deal at a dealer? Were they real?

Edit: Sheffield beat me to it. 

That was what I was hooping for. 

Newbie! So far: BeoVision 7 40´ Mark V Blu-ray, BeoLab 7-4, BeoLab 9, BeoSound 5,  Beo4, Beo5,  BeoCom 2, BeoTime and A8 Earphones

• 11-05-2010 3:33 PM In reply to

And now you know why we don't just post any old picture on this site. There are three versions in those pictures! I am sure we will get good pictures and reviews soon!

• 11-05-2010 5:25 PM In reply to

9 LEE:

Just for the record, B&O don't 'sponsor' BeoWorld !!   Never has one pound, Kroner or Euro in sponsorship money passed from B&O to BeoWorld - ever.

And i've already emailed B&O to say images are doing the rounds on the net and could end up on BeoWorld.

All we wish to do is be cordial and civil to the brand we are all here to enthuse about, not screw up product launches they spend hundreds of thousands of pounds on.  That said, as mentioned, i emailed B&O yesterday to say images were doing the rounds and it's the dealers who let them out who should be under the spotlight, not us.

Lee

Sorry to throw the cat amongst the pidgeons; but surely as an enthusiasts site, isn't this the place where we do try to find out what's coming and share that with other like minded enthusiasts? As enthusiasts, talking about and seeing upcoming products has to be a good thing pre-launch, as it creates a buzz and gives it free publicity. This helps in giving great momntum to a product launch. 

I don't agree that we should be 'choked' just because we're worried about offending a company or 'ruining' a product launch. Remember we are B&O's customers. We buy the products they make, thereby giving them revenues and (hopefully) profit. It is B&O who need to be cordial and civil to its customers, not the other way round.

Without customers there is no B&O

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that B&O do sponser this site with products for the Prize Draws rather than with cash.

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 11-05-2010 5:35 PM In reply to

Very few of the prizes come from B&O. The vast majority (and I mean vast) come from Lifestyle AV and Lee. This partially paid for by the membership fees. Prizes like the golf bits come from B&O. As far as B&O being led by what we want, I think the majority of B&O users are not on or indeed have heard of Beoworld. We are a fairly eclectic bunch, but not necessarily mainstream.

• 11-05-2010 6:21 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

jldmelb:

Sorry to throw the cat amongst the pidgeons; but surely as an enthusiasts site, isn't this the place where we do try to find out what's coming and share that with other like minded enthusiasts? As enthusiasts, talking about and seeing upcoming products has to be a good thing pre-launch, as it creates a buzz and gives it free publicity. This helps in giving great momntum to a product launch. 

I don't agree that we should be 'choked' just because we're worried about offending a company or 'ruining' a product launch. Remember we are B&O's customers. We buy the products they make, thereby giving them revenues and (hopefully) profit. It is B&O who need to be cordial and civil to its customers, not the other way round.

Without customers there is no B&O

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that B&O do sponser this site with products for the Prize Draws rather than with cash.

I don't know where this has come from but Beoworld NEVER moderate anything unless it is deemed to be in contravention to the posting guidelines , and even here some leniency has often been shown.

B&O have never sponsored Beoworld and are never going to do so - the moderating team will stand firm on this and that is our promise.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 11-05-2010 10:17 PM In reply to

Seven:

Alright, but I think I found that spanish site:

Next time try me compadre.Big Smile

Beosound 3000, BL 4000, BL 8000, BG 2404,BG 5000, BG CD50, Beocord 5000, BM 901, BM 2400, BM 4000, BV S45, BV 3702. There is nothing we cannot do, but a lot of things we don't want to do!!

• 11-06-2010 8:48 AM In reply to

I hope Big BeoWorldbrother permits me, but maybe googling "beospain"... Hmm

Certainly, I loved to open secretely my Xmas gift in november, and not for this I loved my parents less :P

Jq. BS4 BL3 A8 Form2

• 11-06-2010 8:59 AM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-19-2010
    • Corbridge, UK
    • Posts 353
    • Gold Member

I tried that but unfortunately my "2 beers please" Spanish vocabulary let me downUnsure

A Beovision 10-40 in black and red fret on order, Beo4, Beo6, many A8's, a pair of white and yellow Form 2's, Beocom 4, 28 inch Avant RF DVD, Apple TV and a wife that loves this stuff as much as i do! 

• 11-06-2010 9:21 AM In reply to

Not sure you need to speak Spanish to look at pictures. The ones there are photoshopped but are much more accurate than the others.

• 11-06-2010 9:38 AM In reply to

One more time: googletranslating Stick out tongue

Jq. BS4 BL3 A8 Form2

• 11-06-2010 9:44 AM In reply to

• steph
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • France
    • Posts 612
    • Bronze Member

Are these photoshopped pics closed to reality ?

• 11-06-2010 12:36 PM In reply to

Sometimes I've though that some BeoWorld users/members think that this is the only way to know something real about B&O. I think that, in the internet universe, there are many worlds, beyond this BeoWorld.

I like BeoWorld, I'm a user (not a member) since about 4 years ago. A few time ago I was more active, but the spanish forum on BeoWorld is not more avalible, so I'm not so active than before, because my english is not one of my better things Stick out tongue But I visit BeoWorld maybe 4 or 5 times a week, and I really enjoy it.

The BS8 pics that some of you have seen aren't photoshopped, they're are from the final model of the new BS8, that will be officialy launched next week. No matter if the source is an unofficial BeoSite, the things is that we can see them: the news run faster than the world that produces them...

So, I trust that the BeoWorld staff will offer us a real interesting review next 10th november, but for now, for those that can't wait until Xmas to open your gifts, you can find these pics and enjoy them without fear, no BeoSWAT will come through your window to take you away to a Struer secret jail Stick out tongue And for those that prefer keep the mistery, you only have to wait 4 days Wink The two options are perfectly respectable.

We're all internet users and we know that Internet is free, although there are people that want to put it locked doors, you only have to choose correctly and carefully the door that you want to open. From an insane BeoLover (this is me), I don't think that 3 pics of a real nice, superb and unique gadget as the BS8 will be, doesn't make bad to anybody, here or in another world Smile

Jq. BS4 BL3 A8 Form2

• 11-06-2010 1:24 PM In reply to

I still think the black version is photoshopped! Smile We have not been privy to these pictures and we would not wish to pinch them from the Spanish site.

As said before, we are not censoring anything - hence this thread still running!

• 11-06-2010 1:27 PM In reply to

Is this it? Is this the real thing?

Never Mind The Ball-Cocks www.markmossplumbing.co.uk

A labourer uses his hands
    A tradesman uses his hands and his head
    A craftsman uses his hands, his head and his heart

• 11-06-2010 2:12 PM In reply to

• Tim
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 01-07-2008
    • Germany
    • Posts 114
    • Bronze Member

Of course this is it - now can you please take away the photo and just post a Link?

By the way... I like the white one better :-)

And did you notice - it will work with the iPad too :-D

• 11-06-2010 3:22 PM In reply to

Tim:

Of course this is it - now can you please take away the photo and just post a Link?

By the way... I like the white one better :-)

And did you notice - it will work with the iPad too :-D

Yes Smile As I understand it, it will come in white and black AND will have replaceable speakercovers in diferent colors like the BV 10 

Newbie! So far: BeoVision 7 40´ Mark V Blu-ray, BeoLab 7-4, BeoLab 9, BeoSound 5,  Beo4, Beo5,  BeoCom 2, BeoTime and A8 Earphones

• 11-06-2010 3:27 PM In reply to

Of even more interest, it will also work with Airport Express via USB. No ML now though.

• 11-06-2010 4:14 PM In reply to

To me the white pix look like the real deal, the black ones look 'shopped, as one can see the uneven edges, where the black colour was 'filled' into the former white area. I like the thing, it looks quite clean for a Lewis-design, not as 'baroque' as his pre-bv10 works for B&O.

.b

Page 3 of 5 (116 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >