in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-10-2010 10:42 AM by Schmedegaard. 115 replies.
Page 2 of 5 (116 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-04-2010 5:21 PM In reply to

Re: Saw a pic today!! BS8

I call it showing an interest, being curious. No i'm not going to be at the launch in Denmark and I don't care if the lighting is good.

I want to see the design and then i will decide whether it's for me or not.

As a Marketing & Brand Manager of the UK's most successful radio stations, we have always played our music weeks often months ahead of everyone else. Does that dilute the music when it gets released? Hardly! Cars often get shown in the magazines months before release so come on guys, stop knocking us for being cutting edge and full of life!!!

• 11-04-2010 5:28 PM In reply to

rednik:

B&O have gone to lengths to keep things under wraps, and to arrange a proper launch which will release the product to the media in the best light possible, and allow all the proper information to be released at once.

Unfortuntely they have also given their dealers pictures who are now leaking like colanders. I have seen some pictures and it is a fairly elegant dock, but the lack of ML means it is a non starter for me.

• 11-04-2010 5:38 PM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-19-2010
    • Corbridge, UK
    • Posts 353
    • Gold Member

If the amateur shambles that was the Beovision 10 launch is anything to go by, if i was B&O i wouldn't worry too much :-/

A Beovision 10-40 in black and red fret on order, Beo4, Beo6, many A8's, a pair of white and yellow Form 2's, Beocom 4, 28 inch Avant RF DVD, Apple TV and a wife that loves this stuff as much as i do! 

• 11-04-2010 5:49 PM In reply to

Paul Winn:

I call it showing an interest, being curious. No i'm not going to be at the launch in Denmark and I don't care if the lighting is good.

I want to see the design and then i will decide whether it's for me or not.

As a Marketing & Brand Manager of the UK's most successful radio stations, we have always played our music weeks often months ahead of everyone else. Does that dilute the music when it gets released? Hardly! Cars often get shown in the magazines months before release so come on guys, stop knocking us for being cutting edge and full of life!!!

Fair point, but do you really think the 2 compare?

If consumers hear a music track before it's officially released they can form an opinion based on what they hear.  There's not really much more to it, they will either like it or won't, and hopefully you will build interest before launch.

With a product like this, a leaked photo won't do the product any favours at all.  People need to touch it, hear it, be aware of all the tech specs to form a valid opinion.  The danger is that a leaked photo hits the web, people jump to conclusions without all the info, and the damage is done not only to this product but to the brand.

However, you are a "marketing and brand manager" and I'm just an IT guy who loves B&O, and thinks that any product that relies on sound quality, experience etc etc will not get a fair first impression from a crappy phone pic on the internet.

• 11-04-2010 5:58 PM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

Have you ever thought that this could be done on purpose?

It's an old trick to see the reaction of the people and make certain marketing and volume estimation.

Same happens with cars and the so called spy photos.

From my experience, when a company wants to keep a secret, trust me they will do it until the end.

I'm quite sure they are having alot of benefits this way.

Best regards

Spiros

• 11-04-2010 6:10 PM In reply to

rednik:

Why the obsession with trying to find pictures before they are released?  The launch is less than a week away.

As stated above, if the pictures end up on line then they will end up on endgadged, gizmodo etc.  No doubt they will be accompanied by all sorts of ill informed comments which will do the product no favours at all, and untimately will not benefit the brand that people posting on here surely love?

B&O have gone to lengths to keep things under wraps, and to arrange a proper launch which will release the product to the media in the best light possible, and allow all the proper information to be released at once.

Surely a group of adults who are fans of the brand can sit tight for a few days?

Surely a company like Apple wouldn´t agree with you. If B&O could create a fraction of the "buzz" and curiousness that Apple BUILDS UP before their launches, B&O would be holding it´s own for decades to come. I don´t think that any company would consider this a bad thing, not in 2010 anyway.

Edit: Spiros beat me to it. 

Newbie! So far: BeoVision 7 40´ Mark V Blu-ray, BeoLab 7-4, BeoLab 9, BeoSound 5,  Beo4, Beo5,  BeoCom 2, BeoTime and A8 Earphones

• 11-04-2010 6:16 PM In reply to

You mean that someone left a BS8 in a bar?

• B&o bottle opener
  • 11-04-2010 6:23 PM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

LOL!!!!!!!!

Best regards

Spiros

• 11-04-2010 6:38 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

rednik:

However, you are a "marketing and brand manager" and I'm just an IT guy who loves B&O, and thinks that any product that relies on sound quality, experience etc etc will not get a fair first impression from a crappy phone pic on the internet.

It would seem the iPod dock market doesn't really rely on sound quality - more the marketing side. The Zeppelin is the perfect example - I actually think it sounds hideous - no midrange whatsoever. The iPod speaker market does seem to be dictated by looks, features, price and above all marketing.

However, as with all things B&O, it won't be directly competing with 95% of the market due to it's pricing. I suppose the mostly things people will compare it to would be the Zeppelin (not difficult to beat sonically), the Bose WaveGuide and of course, the BeoSound 1.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 11-04-2010 6:48 PM In reply to

burantek:
    You mean that someone left a BS8 in a bar?

Someone being Madonna which would explain the design and create the perfect "Buzz" 

Who could ask for a better launch?

Newbie! So far: BeoVision 7 40´ Mark V Blu-ray, BeoLab 7-4, BeoLab 9, BeoSound 5,  Beo4, Beo5,  BeoCom 2, BeoTime and A8 Earphones

• 11-04-2010 6:59 PM In reply to

So is this the first instance of Beoworld not wanting to offend B&O because they're now a sponser to the site? Is this where we bow down and apologise to the B&O gods?

This is meant to be an enthusiasts site consisting of paid and unpaid members. Enthusiasts are generally more keen to see product images before they're meant to. Enthusiasts on a non corporate site should be able to discuss and share freely whatever they like, including things such as pre-release information and photos. We shouldn't be deciding what we post for fear of offending B&O.

Let's get back to being an enthusiasts site, and not tow the B&O company line anymore.

Alternatively, lets ask the paid and unpaid members of the site whether we want to be a B&O site or a Beoworld site. Majority vote wins. If we choose to stay as the Beoworld site, we should be able to post what we like. If we choose to become a B&O site, then everyone should be refunded the monies they have paid and the site should be handed over to B&O to be run ergo bye bye Beoworld.....

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 11-04-2010 7:02 PM In reply to

Very nicely said jldmelb! This world has become horribly corporate. I hear everything that you've just said and totally, totally agree! Nice one!

• 11-04-2010 7:27 PM In reply to

We've been here before chaps - it always ends in tears...

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 11-04-2010 7:34 PM In reply to

Hi John. I won't cry i kick ass lol

Hope you're well buddy

• 11-04-2010 7:37 PM In reply to

Sure, but not posting a picture or information because, I quote:

"If you post it here it's tommorow on Engadget and it ruins their launch so let us not."

means that we're scared of ruining B&O's product launch???

C'mon, get serious

• 11-04-2010 7:46 PM In reply to

I hear you guys, but dissenters are usually taken round the back and despatched swiftly. Be warned ;)

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 11-04-2010 7:55 PM In reply to

hehe and soon the conspiracy theories will start about someone who has posted the pictures, only for them to be removed by the moderators....

• 11-05-2010 1:24 AM In reply to

jldmelb:

So is this the first instance of Beoworld not wanting to offend B&O because they're now a sponser to the site? Is this where we bow down and apologise to the B&O gods?

This is meant to be an enthusiasts site consisting of paid and unpaid members. Enthusiasts are generally more keen to see product images before they're meant to. Enthusiasts on a non corporate site should be able to discuss and share freely whatever they like, including things such as pre-release information and photos. We shouldn't be deciding what we post for fear of offending B&O.

Let's get back to being an enthusiasts site, and not tow the B&O company line anymore.

Alternatively, lets ask the paid and unpaid members of the site whether we want to be a B&O site or a Beoworld site. Majority vote wins. If we choose to stay as the Beoworld site, we should be able to post what we like. If we choose to become a B&O site, then everyone should be refunded the monies they have paid and the site should be handed over to B&O to be run ergo bye bye Beoworld.....

+1

BS 1, BeoCom 2, 2x LC 2, Form 2,  BS 2, BS 3, 2x Beo 4, BS 5, BM 5, BL 5,Beo 6, BS 6, 2x A8, BV 8-40, BL 8000, 3x A9 Keyring, Serenata, BeoTime, BeoTalk 400

• 11-05-2010 2:50 AM In reply to

We have not been sent any photos to post. I understand that there are some photo-shopped ones doing the rounds which can be found and I believe that some of the members here have passed them around amongst themselves. I am not sure that seeing them would add a great deal and would simply irritate B&O - I would rather have a decent collection of photos and accurate information when it arrives. No conspiracy here!

• 11-05-2010 3:42 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-23-2007
    • Posts 223
    • Bronze Member

Doctor:

We have not been sent any photos to post. I understand that there are some photo-shopped ones doing the rounds which can be found and I believe that some of the members here have passed them around amongst themselves. I am not sure that seeing them would add a great deal and would simply irritate B&O - I would rather have a decent collection of photos and accurate information when it arrives. No conspiracy here!

Apples marketing dep. is actually initiating photoshop created images through blogs to create buzz around a new product. People start to discuss about it ,but it never ruins the real product itself. We have seen here at beoworld only one computer generated image so far and a patent drawing. This is beoworld.org ,what would it be-  without rumours,without photoshop images, without leaked pictures ?

• 11-05-2010 4:58 AM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-19-2010
    • Corbridge, UK
    • Posts 353
    • Gold Member

As its about 2 years late, leaking photos 2 weeks can only be a good thing.

A Beovision 10-40 in black and red fret on order, Beo4, Beo6, many A8's, a pair of white and yellow Form 2's, Beocom 4, 28 inch Avant RF DVD, Apple TV and a wife that loves this stuff as much as i do! 

• 11-05-2010 5:10 AM In reply to

As stated - the moderators on this site have not removed or censored any pictures. We have seen teh patent pictures posted - which are very accurate - and we know of other pictures, which look like a photoshopped version of the patent pictures elsewhere. The dealers now have access to the Christmas leaflets which have proper pictures.

• 11-05-2010 5:21 AM In reply to

• Dude1
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-18-2007
    • London
    • Posts 189
    • Bronze Member

:D - only 2 years late!!! I say 5!

• 11-05-2010 6:20 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Just for the record, B&O don't 'sponsor' BeoWorld !!   Never has one pound, Kroner or Euro in sponsorship money passed from B&O to BeoWorld - ever.

And i've already emailed B&O to say images are doing the rounds on the net and could end up on BeoWorld.

All we wish to do is be cordial and civil to the brand we are all here to enthuse about, not screw up product launches they spend hundreds of thousands of pounds on.  That said, as mentioned, i emailed B&O yesterday to say images were doing the rounds and it's the dealers who let them out who should be under the spotlight, not us.

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 11-05-2010 6:24 AM In reply to

Lee, one suggestion that could please most:

Have a dedicated forum for rumours and new products that is reserved to Bronze and Gold members. That would allow us fans to discuss, while keeping things away from the larger public.

Page 2 of 5 (116 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >