in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-01-2012 4:02 PM by beat_b. 79 replies.
Page 3 of 4 (80 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-31-2010 2:37 PM In reply to

Re: New Bang & Olufsen product November 10 !

I did manage to find this on ebay were a dealer is taking orders for the BeoSound 8...

This is an iPod/iPhone/iPad dock with an auxiliary input (for computer sound, etc). I have not received specs or pictures yet, but I did get to play with it at the dealer meeting in Denmark. It consists of two round speakers (available in black or white, surrounded by aluminum) attached by an aluminum bar. An iPad completely fills the space between the speakers. It comes with a small, round, aluminum remote control, and can be controlled by the Beo4 and Beo5 as well. Sound quality is similar to a pair of BeoLab 6000 speakers. This will be the best looking (my opinion) and best sounding iPod-centric speaker system, and one of the only iPad players. I am told there will be a B&O iPhone/iPad app made available at release that will add “NetRadio” functionality to your Apple device, similar to BeoSound 5/BeoConnect/BeoPlayer.

• 10-31-2010 4:14 PM In reply to

Paul Winn:

Yes, totally agree! I'm going back to University next year to study medicine for 4 years and i'll be wanting a BeoSound 8. 

Ha, ha! You'll not have the time for leisure pursuits such as listening to music if you're on a graduate entry medical course. You'll instead need more books than you can shake library at, and a good course of antibiotics to fight the infection from the botched nephrectomy you had to cover the course fees! With that in mind, you'll have better things to spend a couple of monkeys on than a flash iPod docking station - get a Beocenter 2002, some X25s and a stack of chrome C90s instead.

[Seriously though - best of luck :) I'm 3/6 of the way through studying medicine as a second degree, though I didn't have a science background, so the four-year route wasn't open to me as it seems to be for you. If you need any advice about anything, drop me a PM]

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 10-31-2010 4:49 PM In reply to

Well I don't know! I remember my first purchase as a student was a Beomaster 2400, Beogram 1902 and some Beovox P30s. Needed something to get me through the first 2 years of Physiology and Biochemistry. The next three years were far more fun - on the wards practising!

Best of luck at the studies. Happy to offer any advice or help you need. I am a GP in the North of England. The one thing I would always suggest, and I sure you do this already, always treat people the way you would wish to be treated. That goes for patients and staff - all of them from the top consultant down to the lady who helps in the canteen. You will find that if people know and like you, your life is far easier! I know my on call sessions were always easier than many of my colleagues! Smile

• 10-31-2010 5:30 PM In reply to

Paul Winn:

Hi SwedishBeoFan,

I must admit ive never been impressed with those ghastly beolab 4s - they are so ugly and cheap looking.

From reading several comments, BeoLab 4000's and even 6000's have been mentioned in terms of sound quality.

Who knows but those who have heard it are liking it very very much. I wish it would sound like BeoLab 3's but hey come on!

I'm sure this BeoSound 8 will be amazing B&O have learnt from previous disasters (DVD1, DVD2, BeoSound 6 etc) I'm sure they won't make a costly mistake again - us iPod dudes don't waste money -we work very hard in recession times for it!!!

Thank you Paul! That sounds promising. Really looking forward to seeing and hearing it in the flesh 

Newbie! So far: BeoVision 7 40´ Mark V Blu-ray, BeoLab 7-4, BeoLab 9, BeoSound 5,  Beo4, Beo5,  BeoCom 2, BeoTime and A8 Earphones

• 10-31-2010 5:33 PM In reply to

I hear the comments on price, but you will not find a Bang & Olufsen product that someone somewhere doesn't think costs too much - it may sound conceited, but Bang & Olufsen isn't for everyone?

I would suggest taking a look and hearing the performance before making an informed judgement, which I have been fortunate to have experienced.

Yes, it has aux input via 3.5mm jack and wireless to airport express - no more talk from me about the spec for fear of being strung up by the powers that be!

It sounds and looks far better than our cheapest none powerlink speaker - the Beolab 4 PC retailing at £700...

I think the price is about right (but know I'll be shot down), and haven't spoken to one dealer that expects to get rich selling this product - more of a footfall driver, but when you witness it first hand, if you love the brand as much as I do, you'll want one and the price won't put you off?!

Anyway, as a person having worked with Bang & Olufsen for 25 years having looked at BeoWorld daily for a long time, I will give help and guidance to anyone that asks, and answer any questions that I'm able too...

• 10-31-2010 7:24 PM In reply to

Hi guys,

WOW some awesome feedback there!!! Thank you to John and Doctor for the kind words and encouragement! It will actually be my second degree, as I graduated a few years ago in Law and Marketing from the University of Manchester. I've been a Marketing Manager for several years now and the whole thing is too shallow and cut throat in these recession times for me! Plus I personal train on weekends - lots of fun!!! Love the bit about the chrome C90's - BeoCord 5000 please lol!

Thank you for the decent comments from Sheffield - I'm looking for a new place to buy my future B&O from, so I reckon the next time i'm at Sheffield Ski Village I will have to pop in / ski in!

Much appreciated - cheers guys!

• 10-31-2010 7:45 PM In reply to

Best of luck with it Paul :)

How are you going down the four-year route, if you don't mind me asking? I do a lot of outreach work for our medical school, so know most of the routes into medicine + entry requirements etc. There's a four-year option at SGUL for non-science graduates/A-Level holders, but not much else from what I remember - unless you did the science A-Levels when you were a sixth-former? I didn't, so had to endure the joys of pre-med here in Sheffield :P

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 11-01-2010 1:24 PM In reply to

I will definitely try and maybe buy the iPod dock, as I am in need of one at the moment, and for once I want to own a brand new B&O product! The newest acquisition of mine is a Beosystem 5500 from 1988, let's try something new(but expensive for a 17-year-old student)!

-Hammer

Beocenter 9300, Beogam CD50, Beocord 5500, Beomaster 3400, Beomaster 4400, 2 Beogram 4000, Beomaster 8000, 2 beogram 8002, Beovox S-75, Beovox MS150.2, Beovox RL6000, Beovox S-35, Beomaster 6000, 2 Beocord 9000, Beocord 8004, Beocord 5000, Form 1, 2x Beolink 1000, Beo4, MX3500, LS4500. Born 1993.

• 11-01-2010 3:00 PM In reply to

Ha nice one Soren - all of the students are wanting the BeoSound 8 - ideal for those student PARTIES!!!! I LOVE the 5500 system - one of my favourites!!!

Hi John - Yep I did Biology, Physics and Chemistry at A Level and I am currently doing an Open University Exploring Science course which will give me an extra 60credits which is fab!!! Thank you for the advice bro - I know who to ask whenever I have a query!!!

• 11-01-2010 6:36 PM In reply to

Re: New Bang

Hehe,I must admit that I am a huge beofan, owning several beogram 400x turntables, two complete Beosystem 8000's, a Beomaster 4400, and have owned some 1900/2400-style untits that have passed on to friends. The design has always been to attractive and the sound quality so good... Looking forward to compare the BeoSound 8 with a Bose iPod system which a friend of mine has.

-Søren

Beocenter 9300, Beogam CD50, Beocord 5500, Beomaster 3400, Beomaster 4400, 2 Beogram 4000, Beomaster 8000, 2 beogram 8002, Beovox S-75, Beovox MS150.2, Beovox RL6000, Beovox S-35, Beomaster 6000, 2 Beocord 9000, Beocord 8004, Beocord 5000, Form 1, 2x Beolink 1000, Beo4, MX3500, LS4500. Born 1993.

• 11-01-2010 6:58 PM In reply to

Hi Soren,

WOW that's an AWESOME collection. Yep my Grandad encouraged my love for Bang & Olufsen when he bought a BeoMaster 1900 and BeoGram 1500! It was amazing!

10 years ago, I bought a BeoSound Century then a DVD 1 with BeoVision 6. Since then I have the BeoVision 8-40 which I feel is superb.

I'm sure you'll love the BeoSound 8. A few friends of mine have the BOSE Sounddocks which are pretty good for the reasonable price but I think the BeoSound 8 will sound AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure we'll all find out next Wednesday! Can't wait to see the pictures of it!!!

• 11-02-2010 5:28 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

BeoWorld will be at the launch  Smile

I haven't seen or played with the BeoSound 8, so i wouldn't know that it may sound absolutely superb and everyone would be extremely impressed with it.  Neither would I know that soundwise it blows Zeppelins et al clean out of the water and you need to order one, immediately.  What a shame i haven't yet seen one.  

However, next Wednesday i'll be able to tell you all about it - pictures, review and maybe even video.. here on BeoWorld!!

Wink

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 11-02-2010 5:51 PM In reply to

Hi Lee,

WOOOO that sounds awesome! I can't believe that no sneaky pix have found their way onto the internet yet.

Really looking forward to your launch pix next Wednesday!!!

• 11-02-2010 7:16 PM In reply to

Oh, that will be very nice, I am dying to find out more about the Beosound 8...

• 11-03-2010 11:37 AM In reply to

I went to my dealer concerning a new television because my old Beovision 3 broke down.I got a nice offer of 600 euro discount on the one i ordered (the new Beovision 10 -40 blue with stand).

He showt me a real nice demo of this Beosound 8 and i have to say i really love it.Looks supergreat.For me i think indeed it is to expencive so i will not buy it but he told me he sold already more then ten units to be shipped as 14 december this year so for him it,s a great new addition.

Now i wait on my Beovision 10 to come in place of my broken Beovision 3.

• 11-03-2010 12:07 PM In reply to

• steph
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • France
    • Posts 612
    • Bronze Member

Your dealer already got the unit in his shop ?

You saw it in flesh ?

• 11-03-2010 1:24 PM In reply to

9 LEE:

BeoWorld will be at the launch  Smile

I haven't seen or played with the BeoSound 8, so i wouldn't know that it may sound absolutely superb and everyone would be extremely impressed with it.  Neither would I know that soundwise it blows Zeppelins et al clean out of the water and you need to order one, immediately.  What a shame i haven't yet seen one.  

However, next Wednesday i'll be able to tell you all about it - pictures, review and maybe even video.. here on BeoWorld!!

Wink

Looking forward to this one, Lee. Yes -  thumbs up

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 11-03-2010 4:24 PM In reply to

Hi guys,

I've seen the pix and IT'S WONDERFUL!!! QUALITY!!!!!!!

• 11-03-2010 4:26 PM In reply to

share it with us paulSurprise

• 11-03-2010 5:01 PM In reply to

Paul Winn:

Hi guys,

I've seen the pix and IT'S WONDERFUL!!! QUALITY!!!!!!!

Yeah, come on Paul, share with us all.

Never Mind The Ball-Cocks www.markmossplumbing.co.uk

A labourer uses his hands
    A tradesman uses his hands and his head
    A craftsman uses his hands, his head and his heart

• 11-03-2010 5:05 PM In reply to

God bless you paulWink

• 11-03-2010 5:41 PM In reply to

THANKS BRUV!

• 11-03-2010 7:32 PM In reply to

If you post it here it's tommorow on Engadget and it ruins their launch so let us not.

I have seen it, google it .........

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 11-03-2010 8:18 PM In reply to

Ditto! Too much hikari, esp from a dealer. Take the high road.

• B&o bottle opener
  • 11-03-2010 9:17 PM In reply to

Just post the link.....

Pleeeeeeeeeaaaasssssssseeeeeeee

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

Page 3 of 4 (80 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >