in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-06-2010 8:34 PM by Evan. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-06-2010 4:57 PM

• Maurice
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 11-26-2007
    • United Kingdom
    • Posts 56
    • Silver Member

beosound 9000 remote

Can anyone shed any light on a problem with my BS 9000 please

I recently purchased 2nd hand a beautiful condition BS9000 all now works well after a thorough clean inside and out "as far as i know anyway "Unsure but it would not respond to my beo4 remote "CDV-AV" version so i done the List/Stby  Option A-opt /1 and hey presto the BS9000 winked and smiled at me and my remote, Big Smile HOWEVER!!!!! when i unpluged the unit from the mains electricity it stops respondingSad  any idears if its the back up batt??? BTW its a mk1 version with 1.4 sw... and i am only using it in a stand alone situation with headphones and no speakers "they come later in santa's sack" !

Maurice

Filed under:
  • 10-06-2010 5:35 PM In reply to

Re: beosound 9000 remote

I believe using it without speakers is exactly your problem... for some odd reason, B&O decided that if it doesn't have any Powerlink speakers connected, it will drop to Option 0 after each power cycle.

There was some connector trickery (a fake "speaker") that would fool it, but in the meantime, just keep it plugged in! Now you know at least that it is not broken Smile

-mika

• 10-06-2010 6:17 PM In reply to

• Maurice
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 11-26-2007
    • United Kingdom
    • Posts 56
    • Silver Member

Ahh... Thanks for the info Mika its much appreachiated

Maurice

• 10-06-2010 8:34 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

tournedos:

I believe using it without speakers is exactly your problem... for some odd reason, B&O decided that if it doesn't have any Powerlink speakers connected, it will drop to Option 0 after each power cycle.

There was some connector trickery (a fake "speaker") that would fool it, but in the meantime, just keep it plugged in! Now you know at least that it is not broken Smile

Yes, a dummy load plug of some sort.

Evan

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)