in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-02-2010 7:52 AM by GarryNT. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-01-2010 10:10 AM

Beo5 configuration question on channel screens

I have programed Beo5 (basic at the moment) and all works well. One question, I have Foxtel Cable STB and I have set up a number of channel pages/logos. I would like to have a "Info" button on each screen. The command is 0:000:VTR:CNTL_6 as I use PUC on BV8 for foxtel control. This command works on the sub menu page with other buttons for Planner, Box Office etc I have created, but when I copy "Info" button to channel page it thinks it is a channel icon and just sends a "1" to the STB. I have tried creating new button with correct command, all goes well I enter commend on IR tab of Edit Properties page but as soon as I put it on the channel page the Edit properties page greys out IR tab and adds advanced tab (which has channel details number, delay etc). Any ideas?

• 10-01-2010 1:40 PM In reply to

Re: Beo5 configuration question on channel screens

If I have understood you problem correctly, then I would say it should work.

To be sure I created a configuration as you have described yours and it works for me.

So, that leaves me to conclude that either

• You are not running the current version of the configuration tool version 3.87
    • You have deleted one or more buttons in the process of creating your configuration which can cause subsequent issues
    • When creating the channels page you used a template rather than copying individual logos to the channel page.

Which Beovision 8 template did you use, either "Beovision 8-32" or Beovision 8-32 PUC" ?

Regards Keith....

• 10-01-2010 6:55 PM In reply to

Keith thanks for response

I am running 3.87

Not sure about deletion. I used DVT2 as that is what is defined on my BV8-40 for foxtel STB. When I went to start putting logos DVT2 was not available on the config tool Logo tab, only TVand nradio available. Interestingly DTV was not there either. In edit screen I copied channels button from TV to DTV2 submenu, found DVT2 was now on the Logos tab and then moved logos individually from the Australia TV template. I added the INFO button to the first submenu page with code and worked fine. Copied to the channels page and can't get it to work

I have BV8-40. What I mean by the PUC control is in the BV8 menu you choose the connection AV1 in my case, select IR socket PUC 1 and next screen choose Foxtel digital cable STB. When used like this it puts a menu (from menu button on beo4 or 5) on screen, choose 6 for info on beo4 or push programed Info button on beo5.

• 10-02-2010 7:52 AM In reply to

Keith

Had more of a chance to look at the config tool, now understand PUC better and how to save buttons. Have now got everything working, thanks for your earlier response pointed me in the right direction

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)