in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-17-2011 10:18 AM by DelboyOne. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-15-2010 7:36 AM

• Tony
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 11-23-2009
    • Harrogate UK
    • Posts 27
    • Bronze Member

Beoport and Beoplayer

Hi

Could anybody tell me if you need to use Beoplayer as the media player on a PC  between Beoport and N.Music on a Beosound3200 ? I find beoplayer awkward and clunky to use. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Tony

• 09-15-2010 5:10 PM In reply to

Re: Beoport and Beoplayer

Tony:
    use Beoplayer as the media player on a PC  between Beoport and N.Music on a Beosound3200

There has been a similar debate elsewhere this past week.

One poster was arguing to just use the hard drive in the Beosound 3200.

Personally I have never favoured trying to key in the names of CDs through the Beosound.

I do not find BeoPlayer too bad.  I actually liked its "style".  Others have found it too minimalistic.  But I agree try to control BeoPlayer through the Beo4 does tax one's memory.

But BeoPlayer is what you are "stuck" with if you have a Windows machine.

Unless you want to contemplate switching to a Apple Mac for your media server; or an audio distribution system like AirTunes (soon to be AIrPlay .... on Windows?)

If you have an Airport express you can broadcast from iTunes to the Airport and have it plugged into the Beosound 3200 as a AUX input.

Your track selection etc control then has to be an iPhone running Apple Remote app.

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 09-17-2010 3:59 AM In reply to

• Tony
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 11-23-2009
    • Harrogate UK
    • Posts 27
    • Bronze Member

Thanks

As I suspected, B&O are not making it easy for me to purchase there products.

That has put me off purchasing the system

Tony

• 09-17-2010 4:09 AM In reply to

Tony:
    That has put me off purchasing the system

really ? !!!

You have decided not to buy a BeoSound 3200 ? or not buy the BeoPort ?

I am very happy with my "system" which I am listening to right now ...

a MacMini delivering beautiful mellow jazz to two beloab3s and a beolab 11.

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 09-17-2010 4:22 AM In reply to

• Tony
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 11-23-2009
    • Harrogate UK
    • Posts 27
    • Bronze Member

The beosound would be fine, but I am looking to integrate my vast collection of music on my hard drives to it. It would be good to use the same remote for media player as BS3200. I do not want to use Beoplayer.

Anyway I will keep digging around for further info

Tony

• 09-17-2010 4:30 AM In reply to

• Tony
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 11-23-2009
    • Harrogate UK
    • Posts 27
    • Bronze Member

I assume I could still play windows media player through the beoport to teh BS3200?

Tony

• 09-17-2010 4:41 AM In reply to

Tony:

I assume I could still play windows media player through the beoport to teh BS3200?

Tony

You can interface the PC to the AUX-in without a BeoPort and use whatever Windows player you want.

What you loose is the ability to control of the BeoPlayer functions via the Beo4.

If you find it acceptable to use the PC's keyboard (or its AV remote, like one of my wife's laptops had) then you may have what you wanted.

However if your PC is far away from the BeoSound 3200 you might want to look at something like the Airport Express.

But other people here have used many other solutions ... do a search for SONOS on Beoworld to see how some others have achieved digital integration.

• 09-17-2010 4:47 AM In reply to

• Tony
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 11-23-2009
    • Harrogate UK
    • Posts 27
    • Bronze Member

That sounds good. I have just looked at the AirportExpress on the Apple website, it looks like I could stream music from itunes on a windows based PC. Do you think this is correct ?

• 09-17-2010 5:23 AM In reply to

Tony:
    t looks like I could stream music from itunes on a windows based PC. Do you think this is correct ?

yes, I used to do that from Windows before I acquired my Macs

• 02-16-2011 10:01 AM In reply to

Hi,

Have been using Free edition of MediaMonkey to stream music from my PC using the AUX input on a BEO 9000, works fine.

Have recently tried Beoplayer on the same PC using Windows 7, which encounters a problem when searching the computer with NMUSIC.

The displayed message is "Beonetmusic stopped working", it then shuts down.  Was wondereing if any body else has had a similar problem.  Have spoken to local B&O dealer who could not offer any advice.

Thanks.

Delboyone 

• 02-17-2011 7:40 AM In reply to

• Francois1er
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 12-13-2010
    • Fribourg, Switzerland
    • Posts 53
    • Gold Member

I also uses MediaMonkey, but I paid for the premium edition Big Smile

The computer is linked to the TV (beovision 7-32) for both the sound and the image, soon the TV will be linked to the Beocenter 9300 and My installation will be completed.

There are three or four things to add to this to make it perfect:

- either a good digital-analogic soundcard or a direct digital link to the TV

- ditto for the video

- the ability to use the beo4 to go through my music (ca. 10 000 pieces) and movies

- a good program to manage and listen to net music

Be seing you,

François

• 02-17-2011 10:18 AM In reply to

Hi,

Also have Beo 9000 Linked to a 10 40 TV, the TV being set up as Master.  The sound card I am using is a Creative Audigy2 ZS Pro.  It works very well with quite a good noise figure.

When I first connected the PC to the 9000 I had quite a serious hum problem.  The cause of this was found to be a ground loop linked to the aerial masthead amplifier. I inserted a DC isolator in the coax feed from the masthead amplifier and the problem was resolved.

Cheers,

Delboyone.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)