in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-06-2010 10:06 AM by h1npw. 41 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (42 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-16-2010 8:45 PM

Funny stories from your spouse about B&O

I thought it would be a great thread to post some funny quotes from our spouses about our B&O gear.  Here's a simple example of mine:

A bit ago I found a great deal on a BS9000 off of ebay.  My wife is really not interested or appreciative of my B&O habit or particularly fond of hi-fi other than liking the sound of the music it plays.  Proud of my find, and the great deal, I asked my beloved what she thought the BS9000 sold for new.  Her first guess:  $200 (US dollars).  I almost cried.   Big Smile

• 08-16-2010 8:54 PM In reply to

Re: Funny stories from your spouse about B&O

macjonny1:
    Her first guess:  $200 (US dollars).  I almost cried.

Experience...

I said: THAT MUCH! What are you, crazy?!?!? Whistle

To the topic, not the wife but a female friend...

Walks in, sees the BM6000... "You have an 8-track player"?

• B&o bottle opener
  • 08-16-2010 9:30 PM In reply to

• Jon
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-05-2009
    • Posts 138
    • Bronze Member

My wife constantly says I'd rather spend time with my "girlfriend" (Beosystem) than her.

We had our friends over a few nights ago, and she did warn their children "not to touch, look at, or breathe on Jon's B&O, or else he'll kill you. He won't hesitate to kill our kids for touching it, so he won't hesitate to kill you either." Hahaha! A bit of exaggeration, but not much!

Jon

• 08-17-2010 2:14 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Once, while visiting friends, I borrowed my girlfriends nailpolish for locking a couple of tapehead azimuth screws.
    I cannot recommend you do the same. You'll never hear the end of it.

Martin

• 08-17-2010 2:59 AM In reply to

Prospective girlfriend during try-outs enters my listening room, which is adjoining the large kitchen. Sees my BeoLab 5s, asks "What are those?"

Falls silent when she is told they are loudspeakers.

"This could be such a great dining room."

I'm single.

• 08-17-2010 3:56 AM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-19-2010
    • Corbridge, UK
    • Posts 353
    • Gold Member

I should feel rather lucky then that my wifes goal for next year is to buy a Beovision 7-40-2, a Beolab 2 and a nice Struer design table for it to go on!!!

I have just bought a Nissan Patrol to go blasting around the countryside in, and she thinks its cool and has already booked off road lessons.

(No she is not call Bob and doesn't have a beard either)

A Beovision 10-40 in black and red fret on order, Beo4, Beo6, many A8's, a pair of white and yellow Form 2's, Beocom 4, 28 inch Avant RF DVD, Apple TV and a wife that loves this stuff as much as i do! 

• 08-17-2010 5:09 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

soundproof:

Prospective girlfriend during try-outs enters my listening room, which is adjoining the large kitchen. Sees my BeoLab 5s, asks "What are those?"

I'm single.

Laughing!!!

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 08-17-2010 5:50 AM In reply to

I have a particular experience with my girlfriend when she first entered my listening room.

It was the time, I had my Beosystem 6000 and two pairs of S-75's, one pair on original stands and one on a shelf. The first thing that she said was:

"I won't help you getting these speakers moved if we are ever going to move together... The radio and record player is nice, but those speakers are damn big!"

When I bought a pair of MS150.2's, she was surprised that they could be that big, they certainly look smaller in the picture Big Smile

-Søren

Beocenter 9300, Beogam CD50, Beocord 5500, Beomaster 3400, Beomaster 4400, 2 Beogram 4000, Beomaster 8000, 2 beogram 8002, Beovox S-75, Beovox MS150.2, Beovox RL6000, Beovox S-35, Beomaster 6000, 2 Beocord 9000, Beocord 8004, Beocord 5000, Form 1, 2x Beolink 1000, Beo4, MX3500, LS4500. Born 1993.

• 08-17-2010 7:35 AM In reply to

• Beolab1
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-04-2007
    • Hong Kong
    • Posts 232
    • Gold Member

For some reason woman do seem to appreciate Beolink with powerful speakers in the bedroom.Yes -  thumbs up

• 08-17-2010 8:53 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

My Other half is always quick to jump and say B and O this and that when something is not working but quick to take the credit when our friends come over and watch a film or we have a party and they compliment on the sound etc.

I took the Beo4 the other week and said if you dont like it dont use it.

That got me no where.

Beovision 7 MKIV (Blu Ray)
    Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 08-17-2010 1:24 PM In reply to

• bossbrad
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 07-02-2009
    • Colorado, USA
    • Posts 57
    • Gold Member

Not my other half but I have a pair of BeoLab 6000's that have been downgraded to computer speakers. My friend asked how much they were and he said "3", ofcouse said kinda close they go for $3,700 new. His reponse was "I ment $300".

• 08-17-2010 1:34 PM In reply to

I'm still not allowed by the spous to sell the Penta's.

She needs to see how loud the tv is set......

• 08-17-2010 3:49 PM In reply to

Beobuddy:

I'm still not allowed by the spous to sell the Penta's.

She needs to see how loud the tv is set......

Shouldn't the volume be adjusted according to the volume you hear, not to the volume you see?Big Smile

• 08-17-2010 4:29 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

I have hundreds of quotes from my wife every time I bring home yet another piece of B&O. Unfortunately this being a forum open to minors I cannot print any of them...............

The only one I can really share with you is the often used "tut" (accompanied of course by a resigned shake of her head & upturned eyes).

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 08-17-2010 5:23 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

The 'tut'...  ah yes, i've heard that so many times. Laughing

'Mrs 9 LEE' resigned herself to the fact that B&O would appear, disappear, reappear and then spread to other rooms a long time ago.  She's even given up acknowledging new items - apart from the recent addition of some BeoLab 5's in the lounge - then held a facebook poll amongst her friends as to wether they were hideous or not.  Most of her friends voted 'hideous' and she asked for them to leave.

They are in my lounge as i type this of course, and are going nowhere.  Big Smile

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 08-17-2010 8:40 PM In reply to

soundproof:

I'm single.

LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing Soundproof, you just made my day!

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 08-18-2010 2:55 AM In reply to

Blackrix:

Shouldn't the volume be adjusted according to the volume you hear, not to the volume you see?Big Smile

Will you tell her? Big Smile

• 08-18-2010 3:22 AM In reply to

9 LEE:

The 'tut'...  ah yes, i've heard that so many times. Laughing

'Mrs 9 LEE' resigned herself to the fact that B&O would appear, disappear, reappear and then spread to other rooms a long time ago.  She's even given up acknowledging new items - apart from the recent addition of some BeoLab 5's in the lounge - then held a facebook poll amongst her friends as to wether they were hideous or not.  Most of her friends voted 'hideous' and she asked for them to leave.

They are in my lounge as i type this of course, and are going nowhere.  Big Smile

Lee

"Honey... feel free to move them!" would have been my reply :-)

The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

• 08-18-2010 5:40 AM In reply to

• fridsten
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 167
    • Founder

Blackrix:

Not necessarily. We've instructed our son (7 y.o) that he's not allowed to set the TV volume higher than 40...

• 08-18-2010 6:23 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

yeah i can imagine that woudl make next door unhappy if he had cattoons blasting lol.

The service menu or customer service menu has an option for max volume level.

Beovision 7 MKIV (Blu Ray)
    Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 08-18-2010 9:48 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Martin

• 08-18-2010 10:22 AM In reply to

" Prospective girlfriend during try-outs " this phrase just rocks :-)

Thumbs up!

• 08-19-2010 5:22 AM In reply to

• AdamS
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • South UK
    • Posts 72
    • Silver Member

Well, Mrs S actually buys some of our gear - although I introduced her to B&O by buying her a Beocenter 7007 back when she was just my girlfriend and had bought her first house, it was her who announced a few years later that she really liked the BS9000 and was going to buy one with her first bonus. 

She also decided that the dining room needed BL6000s to go with my Beosystem 5000, so we bought a pair last weekend. (althought this might have been because my preferred alternatives were my Goodmans Magisters - very big, very teak, not very pretty!).

Sadly she's less into the older items, and so fails to get excited by the likes of my Beogram 8000, Beogram 8002 and Beocord 8000. I dread to think what she'll say about the Beomaster 8000 when I collect it from Tim Jarman!

Probably the best quote from a relative, though,  has to go to my mother, who has been a lifelong B&O fan. On seeing the Beovox MS150s and being told they were made by B&O she glared at them and replied "Hmmm, clearly the designers were on holiday that week"

• 08-19-2010 5:54 AM In reply to

@Martin:

YMMD Laughing

That could be a nice poster for the ICU in any hospital (Intensive Care Unit)

iPoditiv

• 08-19-2010 8:46 AM In reply to

AdamS:

Sadly she's less into the older items, and so fails to get excited by the likes of my Beogram 8000, Beogram 8002 and Beocord 8000. I dread to think what she'll say about the Beomaster 8000 when I collect it from Tim Jarman!

Oh I so understand your predicament, Adam.

My partner, who had been tolerating my Beomaster 4400/Beogram 4004/CDX sitting quietly and relatively unobtrusivley on her oak dining room unit  nearly had a fit when this was replaced by Peter's complete Beolab 8000 and the CDX, and in particular the BM, to which she refers as 'that great ugly thing'.   When I susggested the MS150s to go with it, well......

Cleve

Page 1 of 2 (42 items) 1 2 Next >