in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-19-2010 6:32 PM by Lennaert. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-14-2010 11:09 AM

Beogram 3000 playing too fast...

Hi there,

I have a beogram 3000 built in Jan '74. It works perfectly but for the fact that it plays slightly too fast. (All the posts in this forum relate to beogram 3000's playing too slow!)

I have set the speed adjustment wheel on the side its maximum slow setting but it still plays too fast...

I've tried changing the belt for a looser one which helped, but not enough.

I've taken the back off and had a good look at the motor assy which seems to be working fine. Strangely, after i did this (which just basically involved fiddling with it - checking the lubrication was all fine) and put the thing back together, the speed was fine, it seemed the problem was solved... but then after about 10 minutes of play the speed gradually began picking up again and the problem was once again back to square one.

Does anyone out there have any suggestions? Anything ideas wuld be gratefully received...

Thanks in advance...

J

Filed under:
  • 08-15-2010 12:21 PM In reply to

Re: Beogram 3000 playing too fast...

The speed is varied by moving an intermediate drive wheel up and down a cone shaped sleeve fitted to the motor spindle.The position of the cone on the spindle can be  adjusted.Might give you more range?

The belt is crucial,if you have'nt replaced it recently,make sure a replacement is the correct one for the 5228.

Nick

• 08-16-2010 5:31 AM In reply to

Hi Nick, thanks for your reply,

I bought the the belt from Turntable Basics so i'm fairly confident its the right one...

I wasn't aware that the cone could be moved - i obviously didn't look hard enough. Could you give a brief description of how it can be moved since I'm pretty sure this'll answer the problem...

Much appreciated and Thanks again...

J

• 08-16-2010 1:11 PM In reply to

The cone is brass,and secured to the spindle by a tiny inset screw in the base of the cone.You should be able to loosen it with a jewellers type screwdriver,but be careful not to damage the head.A little heat may help,as they often put some thread locking stuff there to prevent the screw working loose..

Give the idler tyre a good clean with meths while you're there,it all helps.

Regards,

nick

• 08-18-2010 7:53 AM In reply to

Thanks Nick...

Will try that out and see if it works, 

Much appreciated

Jon

• 08-19-2010 6:32 PM In reply to

jonfairbairn:

Hi there,

I have a beogram 3000 built in Jan '74. It works perfectly but for the fact that it plays slightly too fast. (All the posts in this forum relate to beogram 3000's playing too slow!)

I have set the speed adjustment wheel on the side its maximum slow setting but it still plays too fast...

I've tried changing the belt for a looser one which helped, but not enough.

I've taken the back off and had a good look at the motor assy which seems to be working fine. Strangely, after i did this (which just basically involved fiddling with it - checking the lubrication was all fine) and put the thing back together, the speed was fine, it seemed the problem was solved... but then after about 10 minutes of play the speed gradually began picking up again and the problem was once again back to square one.

Does anyone out there have any suggestions? Anything ideas wuld be gratefully received...

Thanks in advance...

J

I'd suggest you dance a little faster and sing a little faster.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)