in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-17-2010 6:01 AM by vikinger. 43 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (44 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-13-2010 4:24 PM In reply to

Re: What are the best B&O items ever?

Beolab1:

Beosystem 7000 with Beolink 7000 on floor stand. Great quality, timeless design and fun to play with. Best cd player ever from B&O!!!

Have to agree with this one.

Plus Beolab Penta's II or III...

then there's also the Beocenter 9500 ~ lovely system

In terms of TV there have been some great models...including Avants and MX's.

Beovision 5 has gotta be at the top of the tree in terms of innovative design I think..Smile 

Michael

BV5, BV Avant, MX4000, MX1500

BS 7000, BS 5500

Penta III, Penta II, BL 4000, RL 60.2,  RL 35, CX-100 Alu

BL 7000, MCP6500, MCP5500,  BL 5000,  Beo4 (x2), BL 1000 (x2)

• 08-13-2010 5:05 PM In reply to

Here are some of my favourits.

BeoCord 9000 was one of the best cassettedecks ever made! And it still is. Put an old rubish tape in it, record something on it an be amazed of the quality BeoCord 9000 makes of it. And it performs amazing on all kinds of tapes, because of the Computer Controlled Calibration. And it is the first ever cassettedeck which was equipped with HX-PRO, also an invention of Bang & Olufsen! 

But I must agree, BeoGram 4000 should also be in the list. But what about BeoGram 8002, with MMC2 cartridge and tangential drive. So no problems anymore withworn out drivebelts of the recordplayer and very stable drive!Big Smile And of course BeoMaster 8000.

BeoVision AV9000 is one of the most beautifull televisions ever made. No, it is not widescreen, no, it is not Dolby Digital, but remeber that it was launched almost 20 years ago! And the only television ever with real curtains!

BeoCenter 9000. Amazing how Bang & Olufsen made the lids for tape and CD work so smoothly and elegant!

BeoMaster 1900. Introduced in 1976! A design classic!

MCL82 and MCL30. The first BeoLink system was introduced in the beginning of the 80's. 

• 08-13-2010 5:16 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Modern Product - My BeoLab 5's of course.  Second to that, i think my BV10-46 is the most gorgeous TV i've ever owned.

Not quite modern and not quite classic product - BeoVision 5.    Smashed the mould and threw it out the window when it came to flat screen TV's - I still love these.  Second to that, it's got to be the RF Avant DVD finished in Black.. what a TV.

Classic Product - My all time favourite - the utterly beautiful Beocenter 9500, with the BeoMaster 1700 and BeoMaster 2000 being two that have always fascinated me.

Vintage Product - My Jet 505K which i'd never sell.  I'm looking for a mint Beolit 39, but i doubt i'll find one.

Accessory - The BeoLink 7000.  Pointless, massive and fiddly - but what a statement from B&O..

Lee

Smile

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 08-13-2010 6:11 PM In reply to

Single best B&O innovation: Masterlink.

Being able to set up speaker systems in different rooms and have a single master unit send different signals to each room all on a single little pinner cable comprised of many smaller cables is what sets B&O apart from anyone else.  The fact that I can listen to a CD in one room, radio in another, and iTunes in the third is just too cool too express.  And the sound going across that little cable is just as good in a remote room that's gone through 4 junction boxes as it is directly from the head unit in the main room.  It's really underrated as far as B&O technologies go.

• 08-13-2010 6:21 PM In reply to

Bentleyman:

Beolab1:

Beosystem 7000 with Beolink 7000 on floor stand. Great quality, timeless design and fun to play with. Best cd player ever from B&O!!!

Have to agree with this one.

Plus Beolab Penta's II or III...

then there's also the Beocenter 9500 ~ lovely system

In terms of TV there have been some great models...including Avants and MX's.

Beovision 5 has gotta be at the top of the tree in terms of innovative design I think..Smile 

I agree with all of the above.

Plus Beolab 3000/4500 and 5000...

-and of course the BM1900 range -ending with the BM4500. Groundbreaking design - almost 20 years in production. And even today, some people think it's a brand new design when they see it.

In terms of TV, I would also mention the LX-range. Some of the best sounding tv's ever with pasive speakers. High quality slim cabinets with either wood-trim or high-gloss paint +aluminum panels -at a time when most other TV's were ugly, clumsy black or grey plastic boxes. And the picture quality was state-of-the-art at the time.
    (I have to say, that i hate the design of the BV 8 -the cabinet looks like what it is: plastic -and I don't see the point in "bringing depth to the flatscreen"...(Yes, I know the sound is great -but so it is on the beautiful BV 10)) Ooohh -I can already hear the BV 8 owners complaining Whistle

In the flatscreen range, I like the BV4, BV5, BV7 and BV10. All of those have high quality materials in the cabinets, as you'd expect from a high-end brand.

• 08-14-2010 3:17 AM In reply to

Beolab1:

I love this system so much, I have two of them, sadly no floorstand, though. My other favourites include the Beogram 4000, Beosound 9000 and Beolab 5.

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 08-14-2010 9:17 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

My fave is MKI BeoLab 4000

But BL5 would have to take the cake, it is the best on so many levels, including the reinforcement of B&O's credibility and competancy in sound

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 08-14-2010 10:12 AM In reply to

Dave:
    My fave is MKI BeoLab 4000

I love them very much as well! Modern day S45's! Bang/buck!

• B&o bottle opener
  • 08-14-2010 10:35 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

I'm surprised the Beolink 1000 hasn't been mentioned yet - it normally makes it into these lists.

Brilliant remote.

My favourite B&O product though is the Beovox MC120.2's. Mine are in white which was really forward thinking at the time as they now they still compete admirably with all the recent limited edition B&O stuff.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 08-14-2010 11:49 AM In reply to

Definately the 5000 series system from 1984 as that was the hi-fi that got me back into Bang and Olufsen. Then from the 90s the Ouverture and the BeoLab 6000s. apart from the BeoVision 8, nothing present really does it for me in their range - I find them rather unexciting these days. A8s nice design but should sell for a third of the price - they simply don't do it when it comes to sound which is what they were probably designed to do!!!

• 08-14-2010 1:37 PM In reply to

• BenSA
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Durban, South Africa
    • Posts 808
    • Gold Member

Well I'll put my usually unpopular choice of the '70's Beomaster 6000 Quad. An absolute piece of ingenuity for the decade it comes from. Love it to bits!! 

Durban South Africa

• 08-14-2010 5:14 PM In reply to

I have to say that the Beocenter 3500 is a warm addition to any interior. I like the looks and it works superb with a pair of S60's.

Besides the older B&O the new products have some things to offer that realy are beautifull. Personally I like the MX-series and the Beocenter 1. The Beosound 9000 is a must have for a man who loves to listen to CD's (respect for CD and LP listeners) in a current era of downloads and iTunes. 

• 08-14-2010 11:08 PM In reply to

I wonder how much our choices are influenced by when we were either introduced to the brand or purchased our first piece? I was thinking that the pieces I idolized when I was first introduced (Avant, BeoCenter 9000, BeoLab 8000s, etc.) seem to have more emotional resonance than the older or newer pieces that I'm also particularly fond of. 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 08-15-2010 12:30 AM In reply to

It's interesting to note that most answers come from the 80's and 90's... It seems that that was when B&O were really at their peak? Or is it just because they are closest in our memories?

Not many mentions of old microphones or shavers or accessories.

It seems the iconic pieces are iconic not just for their design, but for their brilliance as well!

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 08-15-2010 8:18 PM In reply to

It seems so far that the Beogram 4000 is winning.....

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 08-16-2010 12:01 AM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

The BeoVision Avant/US.  Hands down.  For it's time.  The BeoLab 5's are also OK, if you like that sort of thing.  Stick out tongue

We kid because we love.

Bang & Olufsen Tysons Galleria

McLean, VA USA

• 08-16-2010 9:34 AM In reply to

i always wanted a beocentre 7000 when i was a nipper , my parents bought me a 4600 which while very good just wasn't as sexy as the 7k

my all time fave gear is either the beosystem 8k or the avant

the new stuff doesn't really do much for me i'm afraid

• 08-17-2010 5:15 AM In reply to

Hello Comrades

Not a single mention of Beocentre 2!!! My first B&O music system and it still delights me (and friends still say wow when they see it lit up on its lovely stand). Is it really such a dudd, not no one would mention it?

My first ever purchase of B&O were two beocom 6000 phones and beotalk 1200. I love them still and they are the reason I became hooked.. I became so frustrated knowing my phone could mute my tv and stereo, if only i had a B&O one. That started the obsession   :(

My other great love is an old beolit 800 radio- such lovely sound still, much nicer than my 1000, 700, 600 or 500

I actually quite like my BV8-40 as well, but i guess it won't win any prizes... it was what i could afford and prepared to spend (though i still wonder why i didnt buy a very beautiful BV 5 from our friend Lee- would I really notice the difference in picture???).

Products i dont have but love (and in the process of procuring)..... Beocentre 9500 complete with matching beogram 9500 how very beautiful.. not sure of the sound quality as never heard one, but the design is just classic B&O, at least in my humble opinion.

Actually all of my products give me great joy.. its always lovely to watch my BV8 or BV6, its a pleasure to use the phone, listen to music with beoport and beocentre 2. Listening to one of my half a dozen or so old beolits which all are in various states of working order (but all look close to pristine).

Oh and of course I love drinking my tea out of my B&O mug, kindly given by Lee!

Hope you are all well

David

BV8-40, BC6-26, BC2, Beolab 9's, Beogram 7000, Beogram 9500, Beoport, Beotalk 1200, Beocom 6000, Beolit 1000, 800, 700, 600, 400

• 08-17-2010 6:01 AM In reply to

Posted my list previously but totally overlooked my Beomaster 2000 (1970's model.)

Rebuilt / recapped by Martin after taking a chance with a Danish small ad. I really can't emphasize just how good this BM is. Playing through S45's, even at high-ish volumes the silent sections are absolutely silent (no hiss) and nearly 40 years on it still looks like it was designed and made yesterday.

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

Page 2 of 2 (44 items) < Previous 1 2