in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-28-2011 4:42 PM by bhollenberg. 68 replies.
Page 1 of 3 (69 items) 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-28-2010 8:43 AM

Any BV 7-40 MK V owners out there?

Hi all

Just want to know if anyone already have their 7-40 MK V delivered and functioning correctly?

I myself had my MK IV panel changed to a MK V 200 hz panel, and now experience white clouds in dark scenes or when you start up the tv and have the Bang & Olufsen logo in the lower right corner. The clouds appear in the same places every time and seems to be worst in the lower right corner.

Please keep me informed if you own a MK V and have no trouble whatsoever?

TIA

/Ehlerz

BV7-40 MK IV, BL5´s, BL3´s, BL 3500, BL7-4, BS3000, BC 6-23, BV 1, BS3.

• 07-28-2010 10:59 AM In reply to

• fishta
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-12-2009
    • London
    • Posts 79
    • Bronze Member

Re: Any BV 7-40 MK V owners out there?

I've got a MKV 7-40 and don't notice any white clouds at all in dark scenes just very very deep black levels, I also don't have the B&O logo appear anywhere!

Overall I am very impressed with mine! Had it a month now and love using it! The standard def quality is so go it is impossible to tell the difference between SD and HD unless you go up to the screen and look!

I guess as I dont have the B&O logo that you might be on later software? How long have you had yours for and do you get the logo when turning onto STB or only the Blu-Ray and DVB? As I get the clock for those but nothing when turning on to STB which is nice! 

BeoVision 7-40 MkV

• 07-28-2010 12:32 PM In reply to

Is the Mk5 panel still an edge lit LED one?

If so,then you may well be experiencing uneven backlighting.

• 07-28-2010 12:42 PM In reply to

• fishta
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-12-2009
    • London
    • Posts 79
    • Bronze Member

No the MK5 although 200Hz still uses CFL LCD Screen.

BeoVision 7-40 MkV

• 07-28-2010 2:04 PM In reply to

fishta:

I've got a MKV 7-40 and don't notice any white clouds at all in dark scenes just very very deep black levels, I also don't have the B&O logo appear anywhere!

Overall I am very impressed with mine! Had it a month now and love using it! The standard def quality is so go it is impossible to tell the difference between SD and HD unless you go up to the screen and look!

I guess as I dont have the B&O logo that you might be on later software? How long have you had yours for and do you get the logo when turning onto STB or only the Blu-Ray and DVB? As I get the clock for those but nothing when turning on to STB which is nice! 

Hi

Do you have the MK V (as in 200 hz)? The B&O logo appears in the newest softwareupdate (9.01) not 8.12a.

My MK IV panel had no trouble at all, and when i addressed my dealer with the clouding issue on my MK V panel he said that maybe that is just the way it is supposed to be (??)

I find that rather strange and therefore would like to hear from other Mk V owners.

/Ehlerz

• 07-30-2010 2:05 AM In reply to

'how it's supposed to be'

on a £7k tv

• 07-31-2010 5:52 AM In reply to

Flappo:

'how it's supposed to be'

on a £7k tv

Exactly my point. Since my MK IV was delivered, there has been nothing but endless flaws. So i got this Mk V panel update as a result of this, and it has actually made things even worse. Before i had a tv with humming noise and a lot of other flaws, but the picture was perfect. Now i got a tv without humming noise, but with a very very bad picture. 

To be honest my dealer has helped me a lot in this issues, so I am very satisfied with their help. Unfortunately, they also have to stand in line to get anything done in the Headquarters in Struer. My Prime dealercontact is on vacation at the moment, but when he returns i hope and know we will find yet ANOTHER solution.

/Ehlerz

• 07-31-2010 6:12 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Ehlerz:

Before i had a tv with humming noise and a lot of other flaws, but the picture was perfect. Now i got a tv without humming noise...

My MKIV has all of these issues, but I've just learnt to live with them. IMHO if you go looking for them, you'll find them. As we spent so much money on our TVs, I think even minor flaws seem huge. The humming, fans, link room audio delays are common problems for MKIV BV7s, but they aren't huge problems.

If you're the kind of person who finds problems, you'll continue finding problems with the MKV, MKVI and newer panels. You'll never get a "perfect" TV.

• 07-31-2010 7:09 AM In reply to

moxxey:

Ehlerz:

Before i had a tv with humming noise and a lot of other flaws, but the picture was perfect. Now i got a tv without humming noise...

My MKIV has all of these issues, but I've just learnt to live with them. IMHO if you go looking for them, you'll find them. As we spent so much money on our TVs, I think even minor flaws seem huge. The humming, fans, link room audio delays are common problems for MKIV BV7s, but they aren't huge problems.

If you're the kind of person who finds problems, you'll continue finding problems with the MKV, MKVI and newer panels. You'll never get a "perfect" TV.

Hi Moxxey

I do not agree. The least a tv should do is provide you with a good picture. Furthermore, we spend 10 times the money on our B&O equipment because we want the perfect set. I could live with humming noise if I had spend 1.000 USD on my tv, knowing that i will swap it for a new one in a few years anyway. My MK IV was after the latest software updates almost perfect and i was very pleased finally to have a functioning tv. Still i agreed offcause to have a brand new 200 hz panel thinking ( maybe wrongly) that this would offcause be better than my 100 hz. I hate being told that "maybe it is supposed to be like that" when i know that it is just a way for dealers to make buyers learn to live with that stuff. For someone who does not know about tv´s, that may work. But for us that does, dont tell me that my 12.000 Euro tvset is supposed to have white spots on it, when a 700 Euro prosonic does not...

And yes, on faulty tv´s you can always find faults... But not on functioning tv´s. There you just find things that might annoy you, but has no effect on your overall experience. Every fault /issue on the MK IV has a huge effect on the viewing experience. You have yourself swapped your tv 3 times (am I correct?) because of these faults, so saying that one should just learn to live with them does not quite seem correct in your own case. I am happy that you have finally got a functioning tv, and hopefully so will I soon.

/Ehlerz

• 07-31-2010 8:52 AM In reply to

• fishta
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-12-2009
    • London
    • Posts 79
    • Bronze Member

Ehlerz, Perhaps you could post a picture to show others what you are experiencing?

BeoVision 7-40 MkV

• 07-31-2010 11:38 AM In reply to

fishta:

Ehlerz, Perhaps you could post a picture to show others what you are experiencing?

Certainly, However i have no picture of my specific setup, but borrowed  tomsell99´s picture from another thread. Mine is not as apparent as his, but otherwise looke quite similar.

/Ehlerz

• 07-31-2010 12:49 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Ehlerz:

I could live with humming noise...

My point was, that this humming noise isn't actually that bad. My TV room is fairly quiet and, yes, I can hear the noise, but it doesn't really affect me. The PS3 and other devices have far louder fans.

I'm trying to say that you might be on a losing battle here as your expectations are higher than what B&O can deliver for your BV7. This is the problem - you may need to lower your expectations and live with the minor issues (I regard the humming noise as 'minor' compared to some of the major issues I've experienced and you don't need to tell me about BV7 issues!).

Good luck trying to get the TV sorted out, but I feel there's always going to be an issue :(

BTW I've had more MKIII/MKIV major issues than nearly anyone else, so I'm just pleased to get a MKIV without anything major affecting day-to-day use!

• 08-04-2010 1:04 PM In reply to

moxxey:

Ehlerz:

I could live with humming noise...

My point was, that this humming noise isn't actually that bad. My TV room is fairly quiet and, yes, I can hear the noise, but it doesn't really affect me. The PS3 and other devices have far louder fans.

I'm trying to say that you might be on a losing battle here as your expectations are higher than what B&O can deliver for your BV7. This is the problem - you may need to lower your expectations and live with the minor issues (I regard the humming noise as 'minor' compared to some of the major issues I've experienced and you don't need to tell me about BV7 issues!).

Good luck trying to get the TV sorted out, but I feel there's always going to be an issue :(

BTW I've had more MKIII/MKIV major issues than nearly anyone else, so I'm just pleased to get a MKIV without anything major affecting day-to-day use!

I hear what you are saying and do somewhat agree with your statement. I have however allready lowered my expectations since i have had a non  correctly functioning tv for about a year now. But white spots like the ones posted above should IMO not be present on any tv, regardless of pricerange.

/Ehlerz

• 08-04-2010 6:25 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Ehlerz:

But white spots like the ones posted above should IMO not be present on any tv, regardless of pricerange.

True and that would be a major issue for me, too. However, I've stopped upgrading my panel for this reason - every time we stupidly decide to upgrade to a "better" BV7 panel, we have issues.

When I upgraded to the MKIII, I had three major sw issues which took 9 months to be resolved. When I moved up to the MKIV, the first two panels broke down with serious glitches all over the screen, Sky HD box crashes and more.

Now there's no chance of me upgrading to the MKV until they've sorted the major issues that seem to inflict the BV7 for months after the initial release. We should have learned our lesson many years ago!

• 08-05-2010 8:01 AM In reply to

• fishta
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-12-2009
    • London
    • Posts 79
    • Bronze Member

I have to say Bang & Olufsen were very unlucky with the BeoVision 7-40 Mk IV there were a lot of faults with the PIM module and whilst I agree a TV of that price shouldn't have any problems unfortunately they were outsourcing to a company that supplied a batch of faulty PIM modules. 

The new MKV appears to have no problems, I am very pleased with mine and love watching it every day. A lot of the issues in the early days of the MKIII were SW related and again this has now been ironed out.

BeoVision 7-40 MkV

• 08-05-2010 3:38 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

fishta:

I have to say Bang & Olufsen were very unlucky..

There's a difference between "luck" and good Q&A. The latter is what B&O was lacking. We did all the testing for them, with zero compensation.

• 08-06-2010 2:56 AM In reply to

• Ken
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 60
    • Bronze Member

Hi there,

I see the same white clouds after my MK IV was updated to the new 200Hz panel due to the humming noise on the old one.

Ken

• 08-07-2010 8:58 PM In reply to

Ken:

Hi there,

I see the same white clouds after my MK IV was updated to the new 200Hz panel due to the humming noise on the old one.

Ken

Hi Ken

Seriously?? If that is the case, something is very wrong. I had the panel and pim module changed and guess you went through the same thing ?

• 08-08-2010 9:38 AM In reply to

Sorry to reveal my ignorance, but what is a PIM module and what does it do?

I've recently bought a mark iv and so far no problems

• 08-08-2010 10:02 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

I have a MKIV and i do notice a humming while the tv sync's with HDMI.

While it flickers when changing sourse but then is goes away.

I have noticed that it Hums when i use Apple Tv via Vmem but i have my music up loud enough not to care.

Beovision 7 MKIV (Blu Ray)
    Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 08-08-2010 11:40 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Seanie_230:

....but i have my music up loud enough not to care.

Correct, I agree. Something I've been saying for a while. Sure, the humming is there, and noticeable at times, but in the scheme of "major issues" involving the MKIII (sw)/MKIV (crashing)/MKV (clouding), this is almost a non-issue!

• 08-10-2010 5:37 PM In reply to

Hi All

Just saw this from the BV 7-40 specifications on the B&O website.

"40" 16:9 TFT LCD, glare surface"

Does anyone have the specifications for the MK IV?

I mean, did the MK IV also have the GLARE SURFACE?

The reason i ask is because i think this might contribute to the white spots I see in darker scenes.

If you move your head up and down and from side to side, the spots becomes much more apparent. 

I am almost 100% sure the original MK IV panel had NO GLARE.

Can anyone confirm this?

/Ehlerz

• 08-13-2010 6:54 AM In reply to

• Ken
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 60
    • Bronze Member

Hi Ehlerz,

I saw the panels (old and new) when it was chanegd in TV. Andthe surface looked very much the same, but I didn't compared side by side.

I don't know the reason behind the "clouds" but sugget that you send a complain directly to B&O about this. You can do that on thiere web site. I will do this as well.

Ken

• 08-23-2010 2:39 AM In reply to

Ehlerz:

Hi All

Just saw this from the BV 7-40 specifications on the B&O website.

"40" 16:9 TFT LCD, glare surface"

Does anyone have the specifications for the MK IV?

I mean, did the MK IV also have the GLARE SURFACE?

The reason i ask is because i think this might contribute to the white spots I see in darker scenes.

If you move your head up and down and from side to side, the spots becomes much more apparent. 

I am almost 100% sure the original MK IV panel had NO GLARE.

Can anyone confirm this?

/Ehlerz

Hi Ehlerz!

In my living room, as I write, there is a box. In that box there is a panel for my B&O MK IV. What happened was I had the humming sound previosuly referred to, and the panel got switched. Now I have mosaic trouble on fast camera movements and some HD material. Almost as if the panel update doesen't keep up. I have managed to capture that in video, and showed it to my dealer. He in return sent it to B&O who immediately decided towards switching the panel once more. And that third panel if you will, is now in my living room waiting to be mounted later today.

Queston: The box reads item number 8200254 "LCD Panel Beovision 7-40 MKIV new". No mention of what you guys call MK V. Would this be the 200 Hz panel, or are we into a third category?

Interesting for sure. I will ask my serviceman about this. They are so keen to get it right this time, they sent him on a 4.5 hour travel from another town to do this. Supposedly he is the countrys number one in these matters.

/Jesper

BV 7-55, BL 7-4, BL 9's, BL 4's, BL 3's, BC 2300, Beo5, Beo4

• 08-23-2010 12:04 PM In reply to

Hi Jesper

My replacement box also said MK IV, but the panel inside was correctly the 200hz MK V panel. So I dont think you have to worry about that. after installation, tjek in the customer menu for 200Hz paneloutput.

Be VERY aware of white spots in dark scenes, (try watching it in a dark room when starting up DTV (with the Bang & Olufsen text) in the lower right corner. Mine has massive white spots even after two 200hz panel replacements, so i guess that is just the way it is supposed to be with the new 200 hz panel(???). My dealer has promised to call B&O and ask them if this is a fault or as it is supposed to be. If I had the oppotunity to choose differently, i would rather have my MK IV panel again and live with the 100hz and humming noise. What i got now is WAY Worse!!!!! SO this UPGRADE(!) is for me NOT an upgrade, sadly :-(

If i was you, i would mention it before they do the switch, that way you can always have them switch it back again!!

AND, if you do not experience the white spots, please keep me informed. Then it might be easier for me to get yet another another another another replacement ...

/Ehlerz

Page 1 of 3 (69 items) 1 2 3 Next >