in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-28-2011 4:42 PM by bhollenberg. 68 replies.
Page 3 of 3 (69 items) < Previous 1 2 3
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-10-2010 8:50 PM In reply to

Re: Any BV 7-40 MK V owners out there?

moxxey:

fishta:

Hi Ehlerz,

I don't often sit in complete darkness with it on to be fair...

Doesn't anyone? The problem I have is that if really go *looking* for issues, you'll find them. I believe that people become so hooked on absolute perfection, that they'll never be happy.

Really?? Moxxey, your point is very obviously that because you had trouble for to long, you have decided to live with that. How can you keep arguing that it is ok with issues on a 12.000 usd or whatever tv? Perfect that you have learnt to live with them, but that does not make them ok... B&O SHOULD if any be ABSOLUTELY perfection as nothing is more expensive.. How can you expect me to live with white spots AND crappy 24hz playback on my tv, costing the same as a medium car???. NOTHING makes these issues even near acceptable on a tv this expensive.  I respect that you might be a B&O addict as me, but when they screw up you have to be honest. (as I have already read you are in your other threads) If all of us being unsatisfied just keep saying " i Will live with that", B&O will never learn that they have screwed up BIG TIME with a lot of their latest products.

So, please be honest. The latest Bv7´s is very troublesome, but if you use it only for digital tv broadcasting, you will never know this...

But again, this fact does not make it acceptable...

/Ehlers

BV7-40 MK IV, BL5´s, BL3´s, BL 3500, BL7-4, BS3000, BC 6-23, BV 1, BS3.

• 09-10-2010 9:36 PM In reply to

Ehlerz... Yes -  thumbs up

It never fails to amaze me how forgiving we can be here collectively...

Loyalty to the brand should be honesty about the brand.

• B&o bottle opener
  • 09-11-2010 8:17 AM In reply to

Hi Burantek

You are so absolutely right, I even tend to do it myself sometimes.

/Ehlerz

• 09-12-2010 2:44 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Ehlerz:

B&O SHOULD if any be ABSOLUTELY perfection..

I've had two Panerai watches, both around £8000 each, when times were a little better. Both have had to be returned to Panerai as they stopped working. One within two (!) weeks of purchase, the other within a year. I still have one of the watches.

My point is, just because your spend top dollar on an item, it doesn't mean you get perfection. That's the irony. These watches are hand made, so are our TVs. More likely to end up with issues.

The more you look, the more you'll find, acceptable or not.

• 09-12-2010 9:21 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

moxxey:

Ehlerz:

I've had two Panerai watches, both around £8000 each, when times were a little better. Both have had to be returned to Panerai as they stopped working. One within two (!) weeks of purchase, the other within a year. I still have one of the watches.

My point is, just because your spend top dollar on an item, it doesn't mean you get perfection. That's the irony. These watches are hand made, so are our TVs. More likely to end up with issues.

While I understand what you're saying, I do think that reliability issues aren't quite the same as design omissions/oversights/faults - i.e. I would still expect it to perform perfectly ............... up until it broke!Laughing

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 09-12-2010 11:04 AM In reply to

moxxey:

Ehlerz:

Moxxey, for something to break, it had to be initially working first. The BV 7-40 Mk IV has never worked. From the day the tv was delivered, the faults were there. Take the DBV-HD module, you couldnt even switch channels without it breaking down. Yes everything breaks down regardless of what price you pay...But I bet the service from Panerai was flawless without any questions asked. That is what should make the difference when a lowpriced and a highly priced brand breakes down.  It is not acceptable to promise a future software update. Guess what would happen if every hifi producer did that. You would never have a functioning product out of the box. BS5 was crap when introduced, BV 7-40 Mk IV was crap DVB -HD was crap etc. B&O should in my opinion get their software to work before using it in products. If I was part of the quality-department i would feel ashamed. As a consumer, I will never learn to live with faults on my expensive tv, and B&O cant afford to live with that either. I dont think B&O are interested in becoming "High quality products with superior performance, when they occasionally work" or "Experience the perfect, or live with the faults".

/Ehlerz

• 09-12-2010 11:22 AM In reply to

You would not get this with a £200 LG tv,so why put up with it on a 9K + tv I would not,it should be working out of the BOX,thats what you payed for and should expect!..If something was wrong should be sorted or exchanged right away!

Bv7-55 & Bv7-32...Blue,lab1's x4,Yes4Blue, 6000x4Blue,Beocom6000 Blue,Beo5.Oh what a Blue set-up & a Beosound 5...After all,its Bang&Olufsen!

• 09-12-2010 12:08 PM In reply to

Bv7Mk3:

You would not get this with a £200 LG tv,so why put up with it on a 9K + tv I would not,it should be working out of the BOX,thats what you payed for and should expect!..If something was wrong should be sorted or exchanged right away!

I agree, but exchanged to what? B&O never had a functioning BV 7-40 MK IV. I could have my tv exchanged 20 times, and the faults would still persist. It is the fact that B&O deliberately sells something they know is flawed that pisses me off. "Lets earn some money right away, and then worry about the consequences later" In my opinion this strategy is way to shortsighted instead of focusing on long term customer relationships.

In this case, unfortunately the customers paid the price, me included.

/Ehlerz

• 09-12-2010 5:50 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Ehlerz:

B&O deliberately sells something they know is flawed that pisses me off...

That's the key point: they don't. There were major Sky HD problems with the MKIII, which took many months to fix. They weren't "known" when they shipped the TV. They just became aware and had to fix on the fly (and cause more problems in the process!).

If it pisses you off *so* much, why on earth haven't you walked away?

• 09-13-2010 2:40 AM In reply to

moxxey:

Ehlerz:

B&O deliberately sells something they know is flawed that pisses me off...

That's the key point: they don't. There were major Sky HD problems with the MKIII, which took many months to fix. They weren't "known" when they shipped the TV. They just became aware and had to fix on the fly (and cause more problems in the process!).

If it pisses you off *so* much, why on earth haven't you walked away?

If they did not no about the faulty DVB-HD module, they have no quality department. Yo only needed to turn the tv on to se that it was not working.

Take for instance the Beosound 3, B&O KNOWS for certain, that the topplate will eventually stop working, but still sels the product with this fault anyway. Well, they fix the issue without cost to the customer if they bring it in, but again, that does not make it right.

And i am walking away in that scense that i am not buying anymore B&O products in the future. But walk away from a 10.000 Euro purchase?. I would be glad to if they would refund my money. Meybe there will be a money refund in the next software update....who knows...

Ehlerz

• 09-13-2010 10:33 AM In reply to

i find it hard to believe that freeview hd isn't standard on a £7k 

• 09-20-2010 2:33 PM In reply to

So I still have issues with 24fps material on my 200 hz panel. Does no one have say an external blurayplayer or a PS3 hooked up for watching 24fps material on their MK V?

Thanks in advance.

/Ehlerz

EDIT: Brought my Mac Mini to my dealer today and hooked it up to both a BV 10-46 (200hz) and a 7-40 MK IV with latest SW (He had no MKV).

24fps material had no problem showing up on both screens so my panel must be faulty somehow.

My dealer has now planned to visit me at home to watch for himself and afterwards inform Struer directly. 

/Ehlerz

• 10-05-2010 11:26 AM In reply to

Finally B&O in Struer has been able to reproduce the 24fps issue i have been struggling with on their test tv´s. Apparently i was the first user who reported the issue, and at that time the service department in Struer didn't even have a BV 7-40 MK V available to test it on yet (??) (WOW, apparently i had the MK V before Struer did). So as always, there will be some kind of software update ( 6´th or 7´th as far as i remember) and hopefully, it will not take 6 months...

/Ehlerz

• 10-05-2010 11:57 AM In reply to

have all beovisions this 24fps issue?

• 10-05-2010 12:57 PM In reply to

koning:

have all beovisions this 24fps issue?

Hi Koning

No, apparently just the new MK V, 200hz panels on BV 7-40 (maybe only some of them).

That is all i know.

/Ehlerz

• 10-11-2010 10:32 AM In reply to

Hi Ehlerz
    I have just talked to my dealers technician today (I still have some issues with my BM5), and I said to him that our 7-55 was very stable and works without any problems. Both with my old SW 7xx and the newly updated 905 on the 7-55. And he did agree that the 7-55 right now is a TV that just works. 
    I dont know why you have so many problems (there must be a big difference between 7-40 and 7-55), but I hope that you soon will get as happy with your B&O TV as I am

Smile 

There is something about B&O.....

• 10-11-2010 1:51 PM In reply to

How much is a 7-55 nowadays ?

• 10-13-2010 10:07 AM In reply to

• beobeo
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 953
    • Founder

Euro 16,525 with the taller floor stand.

Gustavo

• 02-28-2011 4:42 PM In reply to

Ehlerz:

Finally B&O in Struer has been able to reproduce the 24fps issue i have been struggling with on their test tv´s. Apparently i was the first user who reported the issue, and at that time the service department in Struer didn't even have a BV 7-40 MK V available to test it on yet (??) (WOW, apparently i had the MK V before Struer did). So as always, there will be some kind of software update ( 6´th or 7´th as far as i remember) and hopefully, it will not take 6 months...

/Ehlerz

Hi Ehlerz,

I read your post on the 24Hz issue. I have the same problem with my Playstation 3 and my BV 7-40 MK V. If I set the PS3 to 24p, the refreshing of the lower part of the panel is at a slower rate then the rest......

My dealer said in the past that it was the PS3 and that I should not use the setting 24P. But you have the same problem.

Is the problem solved for you nowadays?

Kind regards,

Bas Hollenberg

My Bang & Olufsen....

• BeoVision 7-40 MK V
    • BeoSound 5
    • BeoMaster 5 
    • BeoLab 6002 (2*)
    • BeoLab 7-4
    • BeoLab 4 (2*)
    • BeoLab 11
    • BeoCom 4