in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-09-2010 3:15 AM by PhilLondon. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-08-2010 12:11 PM

Living room setup Macmini, Beosound 3200, Beovision 8

Hi,

I try to figure out how to setup a media center in a way described below, but do not find a solution:

What I would like to do:

Watch TV, Record TV, Watch DVD, Listen to MP3

My first thought was to use MacMini in combination with EyeTV Hybrid and send the signal to the BeoVision 8. In this way I would be able to use the EyeTV software to watch and record. I could also play music via Frontpage etc.

Tested today but with a problem: EyeTV can not decode the digital channels (DVB-C, Provider Kabel Deutschland) so this would need an additional receiver and I would have to control this receiver and not the MacMini.

Is there a other way to setup this system? ie using the beovision 8 (does it support CI+?) and stream the TV signal to the macMini and control the macMini with the beo4???

I am not sure if this is enough information, but maybe somebody else configured his system in the way beovision 8 and macMini trasnfers the signals in both ways??

BR, Alex

• 07-08-2010 4:34 PM In reply to

Re: Living room setup Macmini, Beosound 3200, Beovision 8

The Eye tv hybrid has 2 tuners but can also record from composite. You can use the v.mem scart of the bv8 and pipe it in the eye tv composite entry. Et voilà!

• 07-09-2010 2:58 AM In reply to

Hi Phil,

thanks for the quick reply - that sounds simple. Do you (or any other) have expereince of controling the mac mini (2010) with the BEO4?

Is the HDMI cable working in both directions (that could be also a way to control the mac mini !?).

Kind Regards,

Alex

• 07-09-2010 3:15 AM In reply to

Yes I do,

There are 2 way to control the Mac mini.

One using the PUC, an IR cable going from the TV to the Mac mini, and that emulate the Apple Remote. This works fine if you just want to use frontrow.

If you want full control of all the sources you need with the Beo4 you can use this software : 

http://web.me.com/philrobin/LinkPlayer/Linkplayer.html

To use LinkPlayer you also need a Beoport box you can buy from B&O, but you can get some cheap one from eBay quite often.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)