in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-05-2010 3:07 PM by scanorama99. 20 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (21 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-01-2010 1:30 PM

Beosystem 2 and BV4 = hd?

If I get a beovision 4 plasma 50" and a beosystem 2 + a hd capable digital tv box will I then get a tv that will display hd resolution or ?

I read different resolution capabilities on this tv, from 480 - > 720 but I dont know which one is the correct and I guess 480 is gone give me a non satisfying image on this large screen - or?

Filed under: , ,
  • 07-02-2010 4:28 AM In reply to

Re: Beosystem 2 and BV4 = hd?

Beovision 4-50 can be 760 or 1080...so it's hdready.

480 was 37" model....

• 07-02-2010 6:44 AM In reply to

Ok, my serial number starts with 194... so I guess its a d8 right? and d9 is 1080 ?

• 07-03-2010 6:27 AM In reply to

Beovision 4-50 can be 760 or 1080...so it's hdready.

480 was 37" model....

This is not correct, certain 4-50's were not HD Ready.  The advice from B&O is that serial numbers 1838+ can only take the DVI board and sw update on the panel, I hear some members have suceessfully done this to earlier panels too. 

• 07-03-2010 7:49 AM In reply to

Checked now, it has got dvi + 2 vga (probably one rs32 or whatever it is called.) So I assume the tv is hd ready, now I just need to figure out whether or not I need the extra dvi module that can be fitted also to the external beostystem 2 box or if there is no need I could just drag the cable directly from the source, i.e. a blueray player or hdbox to the tv-panel, or will some functions be removed then?

• 07-03-2010 11:20 AM In reply to

sure???i had before 4-50, one earlier 4-42 with beosystem 2 (vga)....but the panels was 1024x768(hd ready).....i don't think 4-50 panels could had a lower resolution.....(there was a model 4-50 with 480??????)

• 07-04-2010 6:15 AM In reply to

The panels itself were hd-ready, but the system itself wasn't capable of handling these hd signals.

So, after fitting a DVI module in the panel, you'll make use of the internal scaler of the panel.

Remember that the onscreen menu's from the system will not be visible.

So if you're planning to use STB/DTV/DVI or STB/VAUX/DVI, make sure you know the instructions, because after pressing "menu", the menu will not be shown on the left side.

So, my suggestion would be( if you place an extra DVI module), mount a DVI module in a free slot and pair it with the camera-input.

This way, you can connect the (analog)audio through the camera audio, and a digital lead comes from the white P410 or P411 connector on the sound module. The latter is only usefull for broadcastings supplied with DD or DTS. This way you'll get 3 digital inputs! Instead the standard 2 inputs.

By using the camera input, you still can use the scarts for other sources with or without datalink, like eg DVD1. 

• 07-04-2010 7:38 AM In reply to

Ok, are You talking about the bs2 or panel when You mention the extra dvi kit that I should install?

I have something like audio in on the panel, what is that for? I also have red and black audio out.. hmm.. that would indicate that there is an amplifier inside of the panel since there is only these regular + / - cables and not like powerlink or anything.

What is a p410/p411 plug, spdif?

• 07-04-2010 12:59 PM In reply to

The DVI kit I ordered, contains a DVI module which can be placed in a free slot in the panel.

One slot has already been used by the standard VGA - in (with a RCA tulp audio in).

The red-black audio out are not used because the internal volume can't be used in the panel. 

P410/411 are digital spdif inputs.

• 07-04-2010 1:38 PM In reply to

Ok so there is no use in installing a dvi port on the beosystem 2 external black processor box inside the shelf ?

• 07-04-2010 4:17 PM In reply to

beosystem 2 can handle hd signal....i remember i linked my pc(using it like media center) using vga input with a 5€ switch vga...

• 07-04-2010 7:21 PM In reply to

Ok, but a somewhat techie experienced person told me to forget vga, "the picture will be awful" (?)

It´s analog and not digital after all..

• 07-05-2010 4:11 AM In reply to

not true!!.

The picture quality i remember was amazing!just consider all the pc in theworld that are using vga instead of dvi.....you can't almost notice difference...

Maybe it is not like Hdmi,but honestly i can't see any particular differences with vga,for the audio just use minijack-red/white

• 07-05-2010 5:57 AM In reply to

Yes I know but pc´s are using like 19-24" monitors and as I will be using a 50" screen I think the difference might be noticable

• 07-05-2010 6:19 AM In reply to

• kallasr
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Willich, NRW, Germany
    • Posts 1,077
    • Founder

It is only a matter of resolution....

VGA using 1.920 x 1.080 (FULL HD) is no problem.

Ralf

My Beo: Beosound 3000, Beolab 4000, Beo 4 DVD,  Beolab 5000/Beomaster 5000, Beovox S45.2 with Stands, Beosystem 7000 black with Beolink 7000, Beolink 1000, F1000 (3 cubes), Beovox 5000, Beovox 3000, Attyca 1.

• 07-05-2010 7:32 AM In reply to

vga support resolution also higher than fullhd,this is not a problem....i remember me playing NFS-most wanted and Carbon,totally awesome...colour well balanced,picture clear,no problems.....

the only "annoying" thing was that you have just to switch manually the source...

• 07-05-2010 7:44 AM In reply to

All I want to do is plug in a hd box for tv or some blueray player or whatever and not miss any sharpness. My vga projector at home is not that sharp especially when viewing text. That might have to do something with the optics but here and there You read about dvi being the sharpest. 

My computer is on a 26" display (beovision 6) with dvi and it is amazing. When switching over to tv it looks awful (analog, standard, non hd digital tv signal)

• 07-05-2010 10:12 AM In reply to

andreabang:

beosystem 2 can handle hd signal....i remember i linked my pc(using it like media center) using vga input with a 5€ switch vga...

I forgot to mention that the system can't handle DIGITAL hd signals.

What did you use to get a game on the panel via the pc-input? I bet it was by using a pc? A ps3 doesn't work through hdmi.

The vga input from a bs2 is just an analog input with RGBVH. It even doesn't have a VESA DDC data signal in the vga connector.

Even the BMaster 5 has problems by detecting my BV5. The BM5 doesn't recognize the BV5, or BS2 because of the lack of the Vesa DCC data signal.

If you have a digital settopbox with hdmi out, you can't use the vga input without the help from a (expensive) hdmi/dvi - vga converter.

The resolutions aren't the problem, it is the way the signal is transported.

• 07-05-2010 11:02 AM In reply to

This is just getting so messy.... 

I just thought (as usual fooled by just assuming beo is the easy way) that a bv4 and a "previously expensive and advanced" beosystem 2 or 1 at least with dvi in some end would give me some kind of interaction with the new world compared to my old avant 28". But it seems harder than ever. When phoning a lot of shops they have all almost forgot everything about the bs2/bs1 and bs3 is the only way to get compatibility with todays 3rd party products. 

Various info from various shops which sells beosystem: yes this bs2/2 has dvi, but the box is not hd-ready, that thing will cost you 500 Euros

This bs1/2box has only vga but it is still hd and very good but I dont know if it can actually output it to the screen

This bs1/2box has dvi but it does not have the correct software to tell your screen that it has dvi so you cant watch dvi

this bs1/2 box dont have dvi, but it is very expandable.... oh wait, you cannot expand it with hd, since it is hd-ready but not hd so it is not hd and cannot be hd.... uhhhhh

And MK2 is not hd, MK3 is hd ready, and "maybe upgradable" to this and that and "I dont know, I have to get back to you"

My god I have to quit my job just to figure this out....

How come it costs 500 euros to get this old "not-so-fancy-anymore" box to be hd-ready (in this FULL-HD world) ? It is not like I am buying myself a place beside current mainstream-tv-owners, I will just barely be running behind the bus....

• 07-05-2010 1:02 PM In reply to

First you should find out which softwareversion you have.

The latest version I know is 16.2.

This software comes with the B&O DVI module if you order it. The module cost me 230-250 euro.

If you already have the 16.2 software, you can also place a panasonic DVI module and can be found on ebay.

Here on amazon (out of stock) : http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-TY-42TM6D-Upgrade-Install-Card/dp/B0002VULMY

(ordering the 16.2 software doesn't cots much either and can be done by yourself)

So if you can handle a screwdriver, it doesn't have to cost €500,-.

• 07-05-2010 3:07 PM In reply to

Thanks a bunch :) Then I know a bit more what I need to look for when I choose processor box

Page 1 of 1 (21 items)