in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-26-2010 6:09 PM by mattybass. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-24-2010 12:06 PM

Stream Mac music through Beocenter 7000?

Hey,

I did a search and found some information on doing this, but not enough to help really... My ideal situation would allow me to connect my Macbook Pro to my Beocenter 7000 and use my Beovox S30's as my main computer speakers. I have an Edirol FA-66 firewire audio interface hooked up as well, so it's not an issue of poor sound quality between the mac and receiver.

My question is rather basic, but is there any way at all to connect from my audio interface to the Line In on the receiver? Or, is there any way at all to use my Beovox speakers to connect to my audio interface? 

Thanks!

• 06-25-2010 4:29 AM In reply to

Re: Stream Mac music through Beocenter 7000?

You need a 5 pin DIN to 3.5mm audio jack lead. I use one with my Airport Express and Beomaster 2000 :)

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 06-25-2010 5:06 AM In reply to

You can use the minijack out, but as you have the Edirol FW interface, that would be a shame.

Get phono jacks with RCA-heads, and then use this cable to connect to your BC7000 AUX.

http://www.flashbacksales.co.uk/acatalog/5-pin-din-phono-rca-cables.html

Have a look here for a minijack solution:

http://www.flashbacksales.co.uk/acatalog/3.5mm-stereo-jack-plug-5-pin-din-cable.html

Here's their wider assortment - note that the minijack-cables are directional, in that the signal either goes from the DIN to the minijack, or the other way around.

• 06-25-2010 10:27 AM In reply to

The lame thing about this audio interface, though, is that the RCA jacks on the audio interface are inputs... there isn't an RCA output, unfortunately. The only outputs are the four 1/4" audio jacks on the back and the 1/4" headphone jack which I've used all along with my current speakers. 

Also, my Beocenter 7000 doesn't specifically have an AUX option, is it the this equivalent of the Tape In on the front of the unit that uses this 5-pin DIN connection?

On the off-chance this would work, I have an old Peavey 14-track mixing board that has tape in and out and main outs that are intended to connect to a PA system... could I somehow connect the Beocenter through this unit? As in, from one of the 1/4" outputs of my FW interface, to a Line In on this unit, and then a 1/4" to 5-pin DIN or something like that? This probably won't work at all but I'm thinking I'm going to need this mixer somehow...

• 06-25-2010 1:24 PM In reply to

You want two of these - your jack-connector OUTS each deliver one channel. So put the jack connector into the OUTS, and then plug the RCA-connectors into the jacks. You'll find them in stores selling electric guitars and at other suppliers.

http://eselectronic.en.alibaba.com/product/289931791-200574932/audio_adaptor_audio_connectors_audio_plug_RCA_JACK.html

• 06-25-2010 6:47 PM In reply to

That's awesome... just to clarify, are you referring to the 1/4" outs on my FW interface or on the mixer? And since I have four 1/4" out on the FW interface, I've always wondered how I determine which is left and which is right? Does it matter?

• 06-26-2010 3:03 AM In reply to

The 1/4" outs on the FW-interface should do the trick.

Make sure that  you have the volume set low when you send a signal to the Beocenter for the first time. That's a very good unit you're using, and it's a big advantage to have a volume control on the DAC interface. Find a maximum and just leave it there, and then you can control playback volume through the computer or your iPhone/Touch.

I looked up the Edirol manual now, and it looks quite straightforward. According to the manual, 1&3 are L, and 2&4 are R. Either pair 1&2 or 3&4 should do for you, but if you're adding mix effects, then those go to 1&2.

The bottom option here is a link to the latest version of the manual.

http://www.roland.com/products/en/_support/om.cfm?PRODUCT=FA-66

• 06-26-2010 9:41 AM In reply to

Wow thanks for the help! Now I just have to work on fixing the broken balance potentiometer that has either come off it's track, or the whole potentiometer has crapped out... and I hear that's no easy task Sad

• 06-26-2010 12:58 PM In reply to

Do you need it? Maybe Dillen has a suggestion to how you can bypass it.

• 06-26-2010 6:09 PM In reply to

Actually, he is the one who told me it was a tricky task. He never mentioned anything about bypassing it, but I will ask. Sounds like it could take just as much work. I have a feeling the issue is the limited workspace there is. This thing is confusing just to take it apart, haven't even been able to do it successfully yet. Erm

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)