in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-21-2010 1:39 PM by beojeff. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-19-2010 3:55 PM

LinkPlayer with BeoSound 5

I just tried using LinkPlayer in a setup that has a BeoSound 5 and had no success distributing the iTunes music through the MasterLink. I had made my BeoSound 5 the Audio Master and programmed it to use the "CD" Beo4 button for it's own N.Music. It seems the BeoSound 5 will still not allow a MasterLink control of LinkPlayer using either the "n.music" soft button on the beo4, the A.Mem button, or the A.Aux button. The only solution I can think of would be to make the BeoSound 5 the Audio Slave, make the BeoCenter 2 the Audio Master, and connect an airport express to the A.Aux input of the BeoCenter 2. That would seem like a logical way to access the music from the mac and control it using an iPhone or iPad. Anyone's thoughts?

The LinkPLayer seems to be an excellent program, btw!

• 06-21-2010 9:46 AM In reply to

Re: LinkPlayer with BeoSound 5

You can effectively only have one N.MUSIC server in the house.

Could you describe your setup... which element (TV, audio) you've got in which room...

P.

• 06-21-2010 1:34 PM In reply to

PhilLondon:

Could you describe your setup... which element (TV, audio) you've got in which room...

P.

I was hoping that maybe the BeoSound 5 would "free up" the N.MUSIC command to be used by the BeoPort if the BeoSound 5 N.MUSIC was re-assigned to DVD or A.MEM. That doesn't seem to be the case. 

I have a BeoSystem 3 as video master in the living room with a BeoSound 5 as audio master in the living room. Also in the living room, I have a BeoCenter 2 disconnected from the ML and being used only for DVD.

I have an Avant in the bedroom as a link room.

I have a BeoSystem 1 with BeoVision 4 in the den/gym as a link room. In the same room, I have a BeoPort connected to an iMac.

I think that the only solution to use the LinkPlayer in this setup might be to disconnect the BeoPort from the Masterlink. Then I could connect an airport express to the BeoCenter 2 Aux port. Of course, I would have to make the BeoCenter 2 the audio master in order to use the Aux port and AUX function.

• 06-21-2010 1:39 PM In reply to

PhilLondon:

P.

The latest update to the BeoSound 5 now allows multiple BeoMaster 5 / BeoSound 5 units to be connected to the ML in a home. I'm not sure how this is done, though, what the settings would be, and how it might be relevant to the LinkPlayer. It might be relevant, though.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)