in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-22-2010 5:31 AM by stefan. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-19-2010 1:47 PM

Wanted please: IR receiver / sensor / eye / any 455KHz photodiode for Beosytem 2 or Beolink Passive

Many thanks to the forum and Peter especially for the advice so far in answering my questions on how to control a Beosystem 2

New cost from B&O for a standard eye with a 3.5mm jack for the BS2 is about £120, I have an untested BS2 and would like to minimise the possible waste of buying a new eye in case the thing doesn't work after all

If anyone has a spare eye they are willing to part with please contact me with a price

I am confident i can make my own "Heath Robinson" version using a TSOP7000 or equivalent but i just can't find a supplier!

If anyone has a non-working / spare parts anything with an IR i can buy (guessing has to be ML versions onwards) please contact me

Thanks,  Martin,  located in Sheffield

• 06-20-2010 5:02 AM In reply to

Re: Wanted please: IR receiver / sensor / eye / any 455KHz photodiode for Beosytem 2 or Beolink Passive

Martin,

I am assuming from your comments that you are an "Electronics man"  and you can certainly build your own unit without to much problems as a low cost project. The cost of the TSOP7000 is less than £5 and the best place to purchase them is Farnell's HERE

The device provides a demodulated data output, so most of the hard work is done.

Regards Keith....

• 06-20-2010 5:22 AM In reply to

Re: Wanted please: IR receiver / sensor / eye / any 455KHz photodiode for Beosytem 2 or Beolink Passive

Seems to be out of stock at Farnell, and no longer manufactured Unsure

I ordered them before from shop.embedit.de, but they don't list them anymore either. I still have a few but I'm now quite reluctant to part with them!

Anyway, their reception sensitivity is clearly worse than a B&O receiver built from discrete components. Perhaps you could just buy an eye off eBay and then sell it on if there's no need after all?

-mika

• 06-20-2010 5:33 AM In reply to

Other places to purchase them include Lintronics HERE

Regards Keith....

• 06-20-2010 5:47 AM In reply to

Thanks Keith, Farnells have discontinued the the TSOP7000, i think they are still listed to keep the spec data there.  I tried ignoring "discontinued" and going for the greyed out "buy" button - can't proceed from that.

Thanks, Martin

• 06-20-2010 5:55 AM In reply to

Thanks mika, i would prefer the B&O but it does seem rather rare for someone to have the eye and not the TV or the device it was partnered with.  My greatest suspicion of the BS2 is that the seller told me "the eye, a remote control handset and loads of cables were thrown out by the wife after the TV fell on the floor & smashed"

I wanted to get the checking done soon so i have chance to get a refund, then i can relax and wait for a used B&O eye or buy a new one.

Thanks again PS i would have thought it not impossible to to get a TSOP from the UK rather than have to go to Lintronic

• 06-20-2010 8:33 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

I was sure I had some TSOP 7000s and.....I have found them! If you want I can send you one. If I remember I paid about 5 Euro, and I don`t know how much shipping to UK is and how long it takes....(?)

Stefan

• 06-21-2010 5:56 PM In reply to

Thanks Stefan, i have found a UK supplier of B&O compatible eyes and have ordered one on approval www.adltd.co.uk they have a dual frequency IR that will work B&O and 40 KHz kit like SKY boxes, i now suspect my BS2 won't modulate B&O (455KHz) to SKY (40 ish KHz) without a tranceiver card like i think the the Avant has - so although the SKY handset will have to be used to control SKY, it is easier to accept than spending £6K + for a BS3

Can you or anyone please confirm the BS2 will or won't translate 455KHz down to 40KHz to control SKY from the BS2 IR output please?

Regards,  Martin

• 06-22-2010 5:31 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Ok, just send a pm if you need a TSOP 7000.  

I think, you are talking about the stb controller. Sorry, I never had a BS2, so I can`t help here much, I`m afraid. But I know, that BS2 has an stb controller for two devices, assigned as DTV and V.AUX. Maybe the Sky HD box is on your PUC list. If not it should be possible to add the device to your list, maybe by changing the stb controller eprom. I`m not quite sure here. Maybe a BS2 owner can help .....

This is what I found on page 19 reference manual:

"Connect a set-top box* to the V.TAPE, 

AV or DECODER sockets on 

BeoSystem 2. If the sockets are all in 

use, you can also connect a set-top 

box to BeoSystem 2 via the close-up 

socket panel. 

It is also possible to connect a 

decoder to either the DECODER or 

the AV socket on BeoSystem 2. 

Make sure that all connected 

equipment is registered in the