in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-09-2010 12:49 PM by beojeff. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-29-2010 4:19 PM

• cabj
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-13-2009
    • Posts 17
    • Bronze Member

Beosound 5/Beomaster 5 dead!?

Today my beosound 5/beomaster 5 died it seems - anyway the dreaded Windows blue screen appeared on the display. Ok - it started when I was playing a song, then all of sudden it sounded like an old record playng the same track  all over again. I unplugged my devices, and I had to choose between starting up as usual or make a reset, by pressing F8, but how do I do that? I don't own a windows computer, but a a Mac. so nothing could be done. So I unplugged my devices again, and now the screen said similar to this: in order not to damage  your pc we shut down. So.. anybody out there, who might help, or do I have to get my system to service (6 months old, still 18 months warranty). Thanx for any help whatsoever.

greetings Carsten

• 05-30-2010 4:34 AM In reply to

Re: Beosound 5/Beomaster 5 dead!?

Carsten,

Very sorry to hear that your BeoMaster/Beosound 5 has failed.

The Windows "Blue Screen" is generally quite a fatal error and can be caused by a very large number of different failures particularly disk and memory related.

The Beomaster 5 is just a Embeded Windows system with the Beosound 5 communicating as if it were a monitor, keyboard and mouse, it asks you to press F8 it knows nothing about the fact it is a Beosound 5, it thinks you have a standard keyboard.

As it is under warranty you should get it fixed by your dealer under warranty.

Regards Keith....

• 05-30-2010 5:14 AM In reply to

• cabj
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-13-2009
    • Posts 17
    • Bronze Member

Thanks for the speedy reply. Of course you are right about WIndows and F8, I remember now from my Windows days. So off it goes to the dealer.  I had hoped that you could reboot the system by pressing go in any combination with the > or > key, or holding down the on/off  button. But just blinks, and finally the light is out.

Kind regards,

Carsten

• 05-30-2010 5:27 AM In reply to

If you've got a USB keyboard, you could try rebooting with that attached.

Though if you manage to get it to boot and it bluescreens again, then it's dealer time.

• 05-30-2010 6:18 AM In reply to

• cabj
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-13-2009
    • Posts 17
    • Bronze Member

ok, I'll try that if I can find an old usb keyboard stuck away somewhere. But if I connect a keyboard then the BM5 is not connected to the BS5, is that not a problem?

Kind regards

Carsten

• 05-30-2010 1:37 PM In reply to

You can use the BM5 standalone. Is probably a disk failure I would think. I would see a dealer regardless.

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 05-30-2010 2:51 PM In reply to

Hello Carsten,

I had the exact same issue you describe last year. It took a while for the dealer to find out what the problem was, but in the end it was a failure of the motherboard. Apparently the initial motherboard had these problems and was replaced by a new design just before the XMas production in 2009. You might still have the old motherboard. I recommend to point your dealer to this and hope that this will then sorted out.

Best,

Gerald

• 05-30-2010 5:41 PM In reply to

• cabj
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-13-2009
    • Posts 17
    • Bronze Member

Hello Gerald,

Thanks a  lot for your reply, I'm glad  that we have narrowed down the problem, I will point out to the dealer the issue with the moherboard, so that I will hopefully get my system back quickly  It seems that there is nothing you can do on your own. In the meantime I will have to do with my Apple Tv which is not connected to my Beolab - only to my TV

Kind regards,

Carsten

• 05-30-2010 5:49 PM In reply to

• cabj
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-13-2009
    • Posts 17
    • Bronze Member

Thanks for your reply. you are probably right, HD failure, anyway I'll see the dealer, pretty irritating though thinking of all the money you paid.

Kind regards,

Carsten

• 06-08-2010 12:40 PM In reply to

Hi Gerald,

My Beomaster 5 has suffered the same fate and gone for a new motherboard. When they replaced your motherboard did it still have the DVI-I socket or was this upgraded to HDMI? I don't know why this product doesn't have an HDMI socket. It would certainly reduce the cabling to the BV7

Regards

Stephen

• 06-09-2010 2:21 AM In reply to

Hello Stephen,

my new one does not have HDMI, but maybe it will come?

Gerald

• 06-09-2010 12:49 PM In reply to

I, too, have been getting the blue screen since my BS5 software update. It returns to normal if I unplug the BM5, wait 15 seconds, and plug it back into the power. However, when I return home in the afternoon after work, it agains has the blue screen. I'm backing-up the music files to be prepared.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)