in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-19-2010 8:53 AM by Topsy. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-15-2010 5:53 AM

• Topsy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-15-2010
    • Posts 7
    • Bronze Member

Beosound 2

Hi I am new this this forum. I have just purchased a 2nd hand Beosound 2 MP3 player and unfortunately I seem to have brought a dud. The reason for this is that i cant get it to register with my laptop. I am using windows 7. The laptop does not recognise it when I attached the usb lead. The charger does not change colour as i believe it should do. Any help welcome, I just want to appriciate the excellant sound of B & O 

• 05-15-2010 8:03 AM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beosound 2

Unfortunately there exist no Windows Vista and Win 7 drivers for BeoSond 2

You willl have to switch your BeoSound 2 to the "mass storage" or "iTunes" mode:

- press ^ (arrow up) and << simultanously and !! KEEP THEM PRESSED DOWN !!
    press GO twice  
    - when BS 2 changes to iTunes mode you will get a beep (confirming the mode change)
    - release ^ (arrow up) and << 
    In iTunes-mode you can use Windows Explorer or Windows MediaPlayer or iTunes
    to transfer music to the BeoSound 2
  • 05-15-2010 5:44 PM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

You also need to have the headphones attached while perform the above procedure.

Stan

• 05-15-2010 9:07 PM In reply to

You will also need to explain why you bought a BeoSound 2!

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 05-17-2010 8:04 AM In reply to

• Topsy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-15-2010
    • Posts 7
    • Bronze Member

Hi I purchased the Beosound 2 as an introduction to b & o.  It is second hand and was a good price.  I am only a casual user and quite happy to listen to any music without the need of a display screen. My thoughts are that I load the music therefore I must like it.  I have a final question, the base lead has two leads coming from it, a usb connection and what appears to be a data telephone connector, whilst I understand the need for the usb I dont understand the data connection, is this normal?

Thanks for all your help

• 05-17-2010 9:40 AM In reply to

The tel. jack plugs into the power supply so the charger can plug into the wall and charge the unit. 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 05-17-2010 3:26 PM In reply to

• archie
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Paris
    • Posts 497
    • Bronze Member

hello

It's more easy to use SD card reader to transfer music from PC to BS2.

DU BEAU, DU BON, DU BO.

• 05-17-2010 5:26 PM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

Hopefully, you got the power-supply with the unit because it must be plugged in to charge (I think - I have never done it any other way).  That is, I don't think the dock works unless it is plugged in... it is not just usb powered.

Stan

• 05-17-2010 11:14 PM In reply to

There is also a separate charger with a lead and an unusual connector that plugs straight into the BeoSound 2

I carry it on overnight trips so I can recharge

Should still be available from B&O and coupled with the earlier suggestion of swapping SD cards may be the cheapest route to getting a recharger

Alternatively source the missing hub charger from B&O as a spare part 

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 05-18-2010 5:21 AM In reply to

Hi

If you are using W7 Ultimate you can download Windows Virtual PC (W-xp mode). Then it is possible to run the player and usb drivers in XP.

• 05-19-2010 8:53 AM In reply to

• Topsy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-15-2010
    • Posts 7
    • Bronze Member

All  now sorted and finaly manged to charge and listen to the BS2. The sound is great and will now enjoy showing off to my mates.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)