in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-20-2011 4:56 PM by Griebel. 21 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (22 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-09-2010 9:16 AM

• northswede
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-29-2010
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 32
    • Bronze Member

Is it possible to use BeoMedia 1 without turning on your TV?

Hi Everybody, I'm not sure if this fits in general but I'll give it a try.

I'm thinking of buying an BeoMedia 1 and connect it to my TV, but is it possible to use n.radio without waking up the TV monitor? The idea is to get n.radio and n.music, but I would prefer to use my remote or BeoPlayer software to control the BeoMedia.

I have my speakers connected to my TV (BeoVision 7).

Regards

Swede

Current collection: BeoVision 7-40 mk III, BeoLab 7-4, BeoLab 3 and BeoSound/BeoMaster 5.

Seriously, it's a beautiful package of excellent and awesomeness!

Filed under:
  • 05-09-2010 9:37 AM In reply to

Re: Is it possible to use BeoMedia 1 without turning on your TV?

You can call N.RADIO or N.MUSIC from any room without waking up the TV, but only if you have a N.MUSIC compatible Audio System as well.

(BS3000 with recent software, BS9000 with recent software, Beosound 4, Beocenter 2).

P.

• 05-09-2010 10:44 AM In reply to

• northswede
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-29-2010
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 32
    • Bronze Member

Thanks for the quick reply!

So the BeoMaster 1 can't act as a Audio Master (Long time fan, but new to actually use B&O equiptment)? 
    Do I have the same limitations with an BeoPort connected to a PC with BeoPlayer?

//S

Current collection: BeoVision 7-40 mk III, BeoLab 7-4, BeoLab 3 and BeoSound/BeoMaster 5.

• 05-09-2010 4:57 PM In reply to

Beoport connected to PC can act as an audio master, or connected to a Mac with LinkPlayer as well.

Beomedia 1 cannot act as an audiomaster. Beomaster 5 can, even without a Beosound 5.

• 05-09-2010 5:45 PM In reply to

PhilLondon:

Beoport connected to PC can act as an audio master, or connected to a Mac with LinkPlayer as well.

Beomedia 1 cannot act as an audiomaster. Beomaster 5 can, even without a Beosound 5.

Not so true i am afraid. In my system (BV7, BeoMedia1, and Beoport/PC/Beoplayer/IR) it has never acted as an audiomaster. 

-Dimitris

• 05-09-2010 5:59 PM In reply to

As you can see below, you can set Beoplayer (Beoport) in option 0. Works like a charm. The PC's CD player even works when you press CD on the remote.

Beomedia 1, however does not have this option.

• 05-10-2010 1:24 AM In reply to

• northswede
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-29-2010
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 32
    • Bronze Member

It seems that the better choice for me, would be an BeoPort/BeoPlayer combination before an BeoMedia 1 at the moment.

Thank you both for your input.

//S

• 05-10-2010 4:23 AM In reply to

However, with the Beoport, the downside is that you do not get onscreen navigation, as it does not respond to the PC key. Unless you've got a dedicated PC, then you'll won't be able to hear any "normal sound" that your PC is doing unless you use the TV's speakers.

Using a Beomedia, you could select your music on screen and then mute the picture.

Using a Mac mini, you could use both N.MUSIC, N.RADIO, CD (Audio master) and also use with onscreen media navigation.

• 05-10-2010 5:00 AM In reply to

PhilLondon:

As you can see below, you can set Beoplayer (Beoport) in option 0. Works like a charm. The PC's CD player even works when you press CD on the remote.

Beomedia 1, however does not have this option.

I have tested it in options 2 and 6. I will try option 0 as you suggest and see. Main PC should be Yes or No when you have the Beomedia also linked?

-Dimitris

• 05-10-2010 1:30 PM In reply to

The option "main PC" has to do with the question : Does this PC distribute the music to the link?

If you're only having a beoport without the Beomedia, then the answer is : Yes.

If you're having a Beomedia, then the Beomedia is the main PC, and the option has to be set to : No.

If you have more then 1 beoport, but no Beomedia, only one PC with beoport is set to "yes", that's the one with the music files.

I'm having the Beomedia for some time now, and I really enthusiastic about it. When you're installing Beoplayer on any other pc, it plays the music from the Beomedia as well.

Works very good. I have one (a second one I don't use)  for sale by the way, with a 500GB harddrive. Look at the Private Sale Section.

• 05-10-2010 1:38 PM In reply to

Thanks Beobuddy! Do you confirm that option should be set to 0?

-Dimitris

• 05-10-2010 2:01 PM In reply to

I never tried option 0.

Normally it has to do with the optional ir-eye.

It responds to Link-PC/Vtap2e/VAux, when opt 4 is used.

So, option 0 will probably make the BM1 a kind of slave.

BTW, what I discovered is, that when you disconnect the ML cable from the BM1 and then enter the setup (settingsmenu) from the BM1.

Then after 2 seconds you can change the command where the BM1 has to respond to. Normally it is "PC".

But when you change it to V-Aux, then the BM1 can be used with older equipment which do not know the PC command.

• 05-10-2010 5:27 PM In reply to

DrDimitris:
    Thanks Beobuddy! Do you confirm that option should be set to 0?

Just did a bit of testing, and in fact you must set the Beoport to Option 2 to make it act as an audiomaster.

N.MUSIC, N.RADIO and CD will be distributed from the Beoport to all rooms.

• 08-26-2011 10:06 AM In reply to

I have a BeoSound Ouverture, two BeoLab 4000 and BeoLab 3500 one. I would  buy beomedia 1  to hear the music that is in my PC. Is the beomedia 1 ok for this function?

• 08-26-2011 3:32 PM In reply to

If the music is on your pc you need a Beoport. Beomedia has it's own music library. Not sure you can also stream music from your pc.

BeoVision 8-40 / BeoVision 8-32 / Beovision 6-26 / BeoSound 3200 / BeoSound 1 / BeoLab 3 /  Beolab 6000 / Beolab 2000 / Beoport / Beomedia 1 / 3* Beo4 /BeoCom 5 with VOIP

• 08-26-2011 5:07 PM In reply to

No, you can't, because your Ouverture isn't N.MUSIC compatible.

• 08-27-2011 11:16 AM In reply to

Thank for your reply. Can I use beomedia 1 with my tv panasonic 42 plasma or is it necessary B&O tv?

• 08-29-2011 1:13 AM In reply to

• hfat
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-18-2010
    • Austria
    • Posts 176
    • Gold Member

Yes, You could use Beomedia 1 with your Panasonic TV. But you have to use additional equipment. I personally like the minimalistic style of BeoMedia1 more than iTunes.

You cold make it work, with an additional IR-eye and a lintronic TT455-RT-238 box.Configure the BM1 as it is done with older B&O TVs which do not support the PC command. Connect video to the TV and audio to the A.Aux to the overture (the adapter should be available at your B&O shop). To make it work at the press of one key on your Beo4 you have to use the lintronic box. It's a little bit tricky, but can be solved. If it's worth, ist up to you.

hfat

• 08-30-2011 2:48 PM In reply to

hfat:
    You cold make it work, with an additional IR-eye and a lintronic TT455-RT-238 box.

I am not sure why you'd need the TT455 box. Just an external B&O IR Receiver and that should work. 

p.

• 08-31-2011 12:47 AM In reply to

• hfat
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-18-2010
    • Austria
    • Posts 176
    • Gold Member

You are right about the TT455.

If you dont't want to use BM1 by pressing a single button you can forget about the TT455.

In this case you would set the overture to A.Mode 1 and configure the BM1 to listen to V.Aux command.

You first press A.Aux to start Overture, then you start BM1 with V.AUx command.

hfat

• 10-20-2011 1:14 PM In reply to

• kimhav
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 127
    • Bronze Member

Regarding the Beomedia 1 and navigating without having the TV on; well that works fine. But, what I'm struggling with when using BeoPlayer to maintain playlists, etc on the Beomedia is that everytime when I start up BeoPlayer on a PC it starts to scan and rebuild the database and with around 200gb mp3 files that takes a while. Are there any way of disable this painfull process of re-scanning media? Also, when scanning it seems as it does it from scratch. At least when I let BeoPlayer scan on another dedicated media system it's re-scans and only looks for newly added files which usually only takes 5-10 minutes and not 2-3 hours...

• 10-20-2011 4:56 PM In reply to

Nope, it's not possible to switch off the scan, which by itself is not a problem, but it activates BeoNetMusic, which is very annoying. I think the only possibility is to disconnect from the web, but that's not a viable solution.
Page 1 of 1 (22 items)