in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-22-2010 11:44 AM by ASud. 15 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-01-2010 11:52 AM

• ASud
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-01-2009
    • Posts 19
    • Bronze Member

Beosound 5 and Beoplayer setting up

Hi,

Just changed my home PC, I have reinstalled the Beoplayer software. I can see the Beocom 5 system from my home network on the new PC, I have setup a mapped network drive, etc... as I know the IP address. However the Beoplayer software cannot see it, I think the Beoplayer has the incorrect IP address? How can I can chnage it from the Beoplayer menu on the PC. I have looked at all the options but unable to find it?

I have rebooted my PC and but not being asked for changing the IP address - the only other option is reinstalling  the Beoplayer software, before I do this are other options.... appreciate any comments I suspect I am missing something.

Thanks.

Filed under: ,
  • 05-13-2010 7:50 AM In reply to

Re: Beosound 5 and Beoplayer setting up

If you're having W7 on the PC, then change your network connection from "Home" to "Company" or whatever is it called. It's the second option from the three you can choose from.

It has to do with question if the PC can thrust all the others PC's in the network.

• 05-13-2010 11:07 AM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

Also, do not manually setup a mapped drive from computer to BM5.  BeoPlayer does this automatically, and I believe BM5 only supports one connection so it may get confused.

Stan

• 05-15-2010 5:33 AM In reply to

• ASud
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-01-2009
    • Posts 19
    • Bronze Member

Hi,

Thanks for all the suggestions, the BM5 automatically mapped - however my PC only sees the BM5 when I am using it i.e network radio, or stored songs.. When I switch the BM5 sound off (BM5 is still on) then it disappears from the PC. Is that correct, I am sure that is not correct?

Do I need to make sure the Beoplayer see's the BM5 and then I can switch the sound off?

Thanks,

Arvind

• 05-15-2010 5:49 PM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

I can connect to my BM5 when it is not playing music.  Do you have a hardwired connection?

Stan

• 05-16-2010 12:43 PM In reply to

• ASud
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-01-2009
    • Posts 19
    • Bronze Member

Hi,

Yes hardwired connection.

Arvind

• 05-17-2010 6:17 PM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

I'm stumped.  Sad

• 06-27-2010 5:34 PM In reply to

• northswede
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-29-2010
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 32
    • Bronze Member

Happends to me too!

I was running the BeoConnect software between my win7 laptop and the BM5 and it worked flawelssly!
    If the BM5 was sleeping, it was awakened and connected.

But then I decided to give the BeoPlayer a try so I uninstalled the BeoConnect and replaced it with the BeoPlayer.
    Now I only can connect if the BM5 is awake (playing music or soon after "I powered off the BS5").
    If I try to connect when the BM5 is asleep, I only get the "insert IP adress" dialog but nothing else.

I have tried both WinXP and Win7 and the BeoPlayer behaves similar on both platforms...

Current collection: BeoVision 7-40 mk III, BeoLab 7-4, BeoLab 3 and BeoSound/BeoMaster 5.

Seriously, it's a beautiful package of excellent and awesomeness!

• 06-28-2010 5:03 AM In reply to

I assume that when you installed Beoplayer you registered it on the B&O site and then set the password on the Beoplayer to match the Beomaster password.

I had a similar problem and resolved it by doing the above. 

• 06-28-2010 5:06 AM In reply to

• northswede
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-29-2010
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 32
    • Bronze Member

By register, providing username and password to the beoportal?
    Or shall I enter BM5/BS5 serial somewhere?

I remember doing it, now when you mention it,  with the BeoConnect software...

Current collection: BeoVision 7-40 mk III, BeoLab 7-4, BeoLab 3 and BeoSound/BeoMaster 5.

• 06-28-2010 5:31 AM In reply to

Register the Beoplayer on the Beoportal with user name and password. Then set the password (can be different) in Beoplayer to match the password in Beomaster 5. Hope this will work for you.

• 06-28-2010 6:12 AM In reply to

• northswede
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-29-2010
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 32
    • Bronze Member

I have already register with the beoportal, but it seems that the BeoPlayer cant find or awake the BM5 system if its on standby.

If the BM5 system is running (N.music och N.radio), then the BeoPlayer connects nicely and mounts the BM-Share on my PC.

The problem appeared for about a week ago so I might try to reset the BM5, to see if that changes anything.

• 06-30-2010 2:09 AM In reply to

• ASud
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-01-2009
    • Posts 19
    • Bronze Member

I am still getting the same problem, can you confirm the location of the Beoportal, I think I have registered but I cannot find any reference on the web, etc.. in order to confirm. Interesting to see what other peoples observations are, I have reset the BM5 but still getting the same problem.

• 06-30-2010 6:02 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Maybe this not a solution for your problem, but just two things to check:

- You can see if your BS5 is registered by selecting SERVICE MENU - NETWORK INFO - REGISTRATION SUCCESSFUL -

- On page 57, installation guide you will find:

Enabling ports in ‘Client PC’ – Only for Windows XP with Service Pack 2 

Port No. Protocol 

137 UDP 

138 UDP 

139 TCP 

To open the above ports in the firewall on the ‘Client PC’, follow these steps: 

- Click ‘Start’, highlight ‘Settings’ and click on ‘Control Panel’. 

- Double click on ‘Windows Firewall’. 

- Choose ‘Exceptions’. 

- Left click on ‘Add Port’. 

- Enter a name for the port, e.g. BeoMaster 5 (no requirements for the name). 

- Enter the port numbers mentioned above one by one and remember to tick TCP 

or UDP each time. 

- To save all settings, press OK until all dialogue boxes are closed. 

- Retry to connect to BeoMaster 5.

As said, I can`t say whether this helps, but worth a try...(?)

My setup with BM/BS5 and two macs (with Parallels and Win XP) is working fine. I just have to start Parallels and Win XP, Beoplayer and BM5 are automatically activated.

Good luck

Stefan

• 07-01-2010 10:54 AM In reply to

• ASud
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-01-2009
    • Posts 19
    • Bronze Member

Thanks I assume the same applies for windows 7? I have tried to find the installation guide to confirm but could not find it on the web.

• 07-22-2010 11:44 AM In reply to

• ASud
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-01-2009
    • Posts 19
    • Bronze Member

Hi,

Just to let you all know... just installed Beoconnect (from B&O website) and it can now see the Beomaster 5, it also mapping to a drive on my PC. It seems more stable and useable when compared to Beoplayer. Smile

Also only have to put the password in once!

Thanks,

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)