in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-06-2008 6:30 PM by FFR. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-22-2007 1:24 PM

BeoSystem 3/BeoVision 4-50: long power-up time?

HI all~~

The local B&O dealer just finished installing my BS3/BV4-50 system.  Love it, love it, love it.

However, one thing I have noticed compared to my other Avant set-up, is how long it takes to power-up the system. 

For example, when I press TV on the Beo4 remote, it takes about 20+ seconds from button press to speakers turning on to picture on screen.  I know that doesn't seem like a long time in the scheme of life, but the Avant system was virtually instant.  All connections to cable box, DVD player and AppleTV are via HDMI.

Is this long(er) power-up time typical for a set up like this?  Does any one think they may not have programmed the system properly?

Thanks, as always, for your input.

Todd 

• 06-22-2007 2:17 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Re: BeoSystem 3/BeoVision 4-50: long power-up time?

All the BeoSystem 3s I've used also seem to take a long time to power up, I think it's normal. I have a dim recollection it was something to do with the power up time of the display itself, and the BeoSystem 3 was configurable to a different time. However I would recommend that you stay away from the service menu, as (especially with the BeoSystem 3), there are some very sensitive settings in there!

Weekly top artists:                   

• 06-22-2007 4:02 PM In reply to

• 355f
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 655
    • Bronze Member

You are correct! it seems to take mine 15/20 secs to fire up after beo command- Seems to be normal
  • 06-22-2007 4:49 PM In reply to

• kawo
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 516
    • Founder

I think this timing can be adjusted according to the service manual. I will get my BS3 end of June and the Plasma a little bit later so I can play around a little bit with the settings. 20 seconds seems long to me for switching on a plasma. 

Karsten 

BV4-50, Beosystem 3, Beolab 5, Beolab 3, BV3-32, BV1, BS9000, Beolab 4, Beolab 2000, Beo4 Cinema

• 06-22-2007 5:33 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

kawo:

I think this timing can be adjusted according to the service manual. I will get my BS3 end of June and the Plasma a little bit later so I can play around a little bit with the settings. 20 seconds seems long to me for switching on a plasma. 

Karsten 

Tread carefully. There are several service menus in the BeoSystem 3, and they're all pretty dangerous if you pull the wrong lever....

Weekly top artists:                   

• 06-22-2007 6:26 PM In reply to

• frog
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 191
    • Founder

As I recall from wandering around the service menus, you really can't speed up the startup time - and it is VERY slow. I find myself hitting the buttons again as it takes so long - maybe twice as long as the Beosystem 2 did. You can - if you want - slow them down more though!

I'm not sure that you should panic about playing around with items in the service menu - as long as you remember what they were you should be OK - it is not as if you are mucking around with a CRT config.
  • 06-22-2007 6:46 PM In reply to

• Max
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Devon
    • Posts 64
    • Founder

Seems normal to me too. I looked at slowing down the display time as you don't get to see the curtain opening effect with my PVR (unless it's already on) as you do with the integrated DVB-T. By the time the PVR gets the wakeup signal from the BS3 and it spins the hard disc the screen is up and the speakers active so I set it to the maximum for the AV socket (15 seconds from memory) and it still wasn't long enough. I think the other reason is for projector setups where you want to wait for the lights to dim, screen to drop and projector to warm up etc - glad to see these things have been considered.

The give away to whether it has accepted your startup command is the absence of the red LED on the IR receiver - I'm just happy with one remote and it gives you more time to appreciate the Beo4 and the expectation of good things to come.

My B&O is in my Bio.

• 06-22-2007 9:08 PM In reply to

• Corvin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Australia
    • Posts 124
    • Founder

Takes mine about 12 seconds.

Gives me a little more time to admire the B&O products Laughing

• 06-24-2007 4:47 PM In reply to

Thanks all for the quick input.  Glad to hear this is normal. I like Corvins advice: just more time to admire the equipment! 

Now if my B&O dealer can get the system to play nice with the Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300HD cable PVR and Samsung Blu-Ray, I'll be in business... and more relaxed to enjoy looking at the set-up!

Todd 

• 03-06-2008 7:58 AM In reply to

Corvin:

Takes mine about 12 seconds.

Gives me a little more time to admire the B&O products Laughing

I ordered the new turbo upstart chip from my dealer - and my startup time is now around the normal 5 sek.

Good work B&O !

• 03-06-2008 6:30 PM In reply to

• FFR
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Geneva, CH
    • Posts 10
    • Bronze Member

where can you find your firmware number on the beosystem 3, and what is the latest firmware?
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)