in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-29-2010 7:30 AM by StUrrock. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-17-2010 2:59 PM

Another question about Ps3-BS3

in order to use the beo4 on my Ps3 i need to plug a simple usb-ir pen ,whatever brand,or must be sony brand?

I just bought the 120gb slim ps3 to replace my DVD1

Regards, Andrea

One more thing....i would like to use playtv(sony) as DTV on ps3,anybody use it?Any suggestion?Is it worthy...

• 04-17-2010 3:07 PM In reply to

Re: Another question about Ps3-BS3

Any brand (don't think sony make one).  However, this won't let you power on the PS3.

If you want a near perfect solution, check out www.re-bl.com.  A PUC exists for it, too.

• 04-17-2010 4:46 PM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

csmager:

Any brand (don't think sony make one).  However, this won't let you power on the PS3.

If you want a near perfect solution, check out www.re-bl.com.  A PUC exists for it, too.

Yep, go for the RE-BL adapter, I have it, too and I'm VERY happy with it! 

Check out the review:

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/31328.aspx 

• 04-22-2010 2:53 PM In reply to

thanks for reply,

btw i read this in the site "Setting up a Beo4 remote RE·BL X accepts 38kHz IR signals, and can therefore be controlled with a Beo4 using the PUC output found on most modern B&O TVs. Make sure the STB list on the TV has been updated, then choose “Sony PS3 RE-BL” in the list (if “Sony PS3 RE-BL” is not in the STB list, the TV must be updated by a certified B&O technician)."

i just updated the firmware but i don't have that sony ps3 re-bl....but i have Playstation 3 on the stb!will it works?

Honestly if the functions are the same of 10€ usb-ir adapter i think i will go for that...

• 04-23-2010 2:45 AM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

It's the same, with Re-BL, there is just one more thing : you can power up the PS3. With the $10 adapter, you can do everything else, but have to power the ps3 via its button or a pad.

• 05-27-2010 9:35 AM In reply to

sorry, need help..

i can't get out of it,i plugged the ir blaster on AV2(i use dvd button to recall my PS3,on AV2 connection i selected "sony playstation 3" under set top box, i paired re-bl with Ps3,but when i press buttons on my beo4,nothing happens!!only my ir blaster flash,nothing else....

where i'm wrong??????i followed step by step this guide http://www.wbe.se/files/re-blquickstart-bangolufsen.pdf

[:'(]

• 05-27-2010 10:10 AM In reply to

Unfortunately, as the intructions say, you need the Sony PS3-REBL PUC.

If you don't have this, you can try a Sony DVD player if you have one listed.  Else it's off to ring the dealer to get it added...

• 05-27-2010 10:15 AM In reply to

so mbee wasn't right!??

My "Sony Playstation 3" on the set top box list,is completely useless for my beo4..... [:'(]

uff, i need to recall assistence

• 05-27-2010 10:58 AM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

There seems to be a misunderstanding here :

I said that Re-BL does exactly the same as any $10 IR receiver for PS3, appart than with RE-BL, you can power on the PS3. (Your last question was if a $10 adapter was sufficient, not if RE-BL works with Sony PS3 PUC item!!) Wink

If you want to use an USB adapter such as NYKO (which doesn't power up the PS3), you have to choose Sony PS3 on the PUC list.
    If you use RE-BL, you need the Sony PS3 RE-BL on your PUC list. It's not there? You just need to ask your dealer to add that specific item on the list.

Note that upgrading your BS3 software doesn't update the PUC List : this list contains a limited number of devices (not all devices, probably for ease of use), which have to be asked to your dealer.

• 05-27-2010 11:02 AM In reply to

my fault mbee,i misunderstood,most important is that i've found what is the problem and the solutions ;)!

thanks

• 05-28-2010 6:51 AM In reply to

• StUrrock
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-04-2008
    • Cambridgeshire
    • Posts 219
    • Bronze Member

For all you PS3 fans who would like it to talk to your mac, have you tried this?

http://www.nullriver.com/products/medialink

• 05-29-2010 3:59 AM In reply to

• Toubro
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 263
    • Founder

StUrrock:

For all you PS3 fans who would like it to talk to your mac, have you tried this?

http://www.nullriver.com/products/medialink

I've tried the demo version and it's okay, but it only streams formats that the PS3 recognizes. Take a look at http://ps3mediaserver.blogspot.com/ It's free and can convert files that are unplayable by the PS3 on the fly.

• 05-29-2010 7:30 AM In reply to

• StUrrock
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-04-2008
    • Cambridgeshire
    • Posts 219
    • Bronze Member

Thanks Toubro

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)