in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-06-2010 3:54 AM by rayfenwick. 28 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-04-2010 5:07 AM In reply to

Re: Option settings between generation in complicated setup - help!

Dear Stefan

"

You said , you have linked your BV7 via a BL converter to the BM4500.

"Beovision and Beomaster are linked: Beomaster - datalink - 1611 converter - masterlink Beovision"

AND your BL2000 is connected via a second BL converter to the same BM4500

"3) To Beomaster 4500 is linked Beolab 2000 via 1611 converter"

So you have two AUDIO AUX LINK cables to one Beomaster (???):

"The BLB2000 and the BV32 is connected by each their own 1611."

But the BM4500 has just a single AUDIO AUX LINK plug. How did you do that?"

I just bought a y-data-link-cable - 10 Euros.

The reason for the two converters is due to the incremental development and thus the physical lay-out of the cables - otherwise you would have very much right. My bad planning (lacking funds).

Regards

Louise

• 04-04-2010 6:26 AM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

If "A-Opt" at the BM4500 is really set to "1" the BM should not react on any video commands like "V.Tape"

Please disconnect the MCL wires to the Linkroom and the 2nd 1611 to the other Linkroom - only the TV and the

BM4500 are then connected via the 1611 Converter - as I mentioned before - during testing always KISS

(Keep It Straightforward and Simple)

Please set BM to A.Opt 1 again , set the BV 7-32 to "V-Opt"  "1" and check the response of both units -

LED "twinkling" on the BV and "1" on display of BM 4500.

Then unplug the power of both units and the 1611 for a minimum of 1 min - connect to power again and wait

1 min before sending any commands by your remote - check if BM is still responding to "V.Tape"

If it does not respond you can proceed with the suggestions of my previous posting,

If the BM 4500 is still responding to video-commands (they should be ignored unless AV has been pressed before)

then your BM4500 is faulty and needs to be serviced

• 04-04-2010 8:20 AM In reply to

Dear Vienna

Thank you - that solved the problem. I think I will use the "Beo4-AV-V.MEM"-solution rather than the "IR-damper"-solution.

But both are superbly conceived. If I meet other Danes I will tell them the solution to their problem - without revieling my source - ao I can stand in the rays of your sun (if it is ok with you).

Thank you very much indeed - without your help I would have had a depression.

Problem solved - vase closed.

Kind regards

Louise

• 04-06-2010 3:54 AM In reply to

Louise Scheele:

You must be giggeling thinking "this is why b&o is for men and not female nurses".

No, definitely not.  I think I speak for everyone when I say the more women appreciate B&O the better (my wife complains much less than before as she is starting to appreciate my "collection".

Louise Scheele:

But thanks for your time - greatly appreciated.

That's what Beoworld's here for Smile

Ray

Я люблю Банг и Oлуфсен

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2