in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-06-2010 3:54 AM by rayfenwick. 28 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (29 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-02-2010 6:10 AM

Option settings between generation in complicated setup - help!

Dear All

Here is my setup:

1) Beomaster 4500 sw 2.1 with Beolink 7000 and 4500 CD player

2) To Beomaster 4500 is linked 2 Beolab CX 100 via MCL 2A  (old link protocol)

3) To Beomaster 4500 is linked Beolab 2000 via 1611 converter

4) To Beomaster 4500 is linked Beovision 32-7 mk1 (wihtout speakers)

Problem: Beomaster 4500 and Beovision 32-7 is in same room. Every time I press "1" on the my Beo the BV receives a double input (i.e. "1" from the Beo4 and "1" send from the Beomaster 4500

I have followed all instructions in "Masterlink setup" and "Master Control Link" manuals concerning Option Settings

I do not think <i can solve the problem by changing "Option settings" alone?

Maybe I need to define the Beovision as a link tv even though it is in the same room?

I really need a creative suggestions! The "Set BM and BV to Option 1" is an answer I can give my self even though I am a girl. But being woman also has limitations - and I have met mine now.

Who can crack this nut?

Happy Easter and thank you in advance - if nobody here knows the answer it does not exist (my local B&O shops just look confused at me).

Best regards

Louise

• 04-02-2010 6:33 AM In reply to

Re: Option settings between generation in complicated setup - help!

Hi Louise,

don't blame yourself, the option settings can get very confusing! Your problem is indeed that the BV receives the commands from two sources now.

As I understand, you want the TV sound to always come through the Beomaster. I believe you can get the behaviour you want by configuring the TV to option 0 and the Beomaster to option 2. In this setup, the TV only listens to the link and not directly to the remote, and the Beomaster receives both audio and video commands and relays them over the link. The MCL links should continue to work as before.

-mika

• 04-02-2010 7:05 AM In reply to

I agree. TV option 0, Beomaster option 2. 

• 04-02-2010 7:42 AM In reply to

Thank you all for your advice. Unfortunately it did not work - but that might be my own fault as I have missed to mention some details.

Beovision and Beomaster are linked: Beomaster - datalink - 1611 converter - masterlink Beovision

The Beovision also has a STB connected (not supported by the BV, but operational by a Beo4).

Can the above mentioned help in helping a helpless.

Best regards

Louise

• 04-02-2010 1:21 PM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

As mika and Peter I`m quite sure it`s an option setting problem. Set BM4500 to A.OPT 2 and BV7 to V.OPT 0. Are the red LED flashing after setting the options? BM4500 should display "2" ...(?) Are you sure that your linksystems - MCL 2A and BL 2000 - can`t "see" IR commands from your mainroom? And just "hide" your BL7000 for some time, just to make sure, it`s not a two way problem...(?) I`m just guessing...

Hope this helps in helping a helpless

held og lykke

Stefan

• 04-02-2010 3:05 PM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

... there are some "creative" solution possible ... more details please!

Are the CX 100 + MCL2A located in an other (Link) room or also in the BM 4500 / BV78-32 room?

Are speakers connected to BM 4500 ?  

Means no speakers at BV 7-32 none (no Beolab 7.1/7.4) or no external speakers? 

If there are speakers connected to BM 4500 and the BV 7-32 has it's own BLB 7.x - which do you prefer to use as main speaker in the room with BM 4500 and 7-32?

(By the way, both, the BLB 2000 and the BV 7-32 are connected by ML via 1611 converter to the BM 4500)

• 04-03-2010 4:06 AM In reply to

Thanks for all your help so far.

- there are several solid doors between the two link rooms, so no risk there

- there is no speaker on the BV327

- to make things more tricky: in bedroom where the problem is the Beomaster 4500 delivers the sound through Beolab CX 100 (i.e. passive speakers), so I cannot connect them to the BV (unless I buy a €250 passive converter, whichI would like to avoid)

- I have tried to hide the BL7000, but anyway it should be a problem since the Beolink7000 only receives signal from the BM 45000 when I send a signal from the Beo4, which changes the state of the Beomaster 4500 - but it was a good idea

1) I tried to check the cable diagram of the masterlink cable and then simpy cut the wire that send signals from the converter to the Beovision, but from the way I read the diagram it seems impossible

2) Is there a way that I can "pair" a Beo4 to one specific unit (i.e. the TV)

3) Would a B&O-shop-Beo-4-plastic-shielder solve the problem or does it occur even though it is only the tv og the Beomaster that receives th IR-signal?

4) Could anyboyd tell me which wire to cut in the 1611 between the TV and the Beomaster 4500 to solve the problem?

5) Another Creative idea?

Thank you so much for your time - and sorry for asking for more, but I am about to start to pout.

Best regards

Louise

• 04-03-2010 4:09 AM In reply to

The BLB2000 and the BV32 is connected by each their own 1611.

CX100 are connected to Beomaster 4500

No speakers connected to the Beovision.

Thank you, Vienna.

Kind regards

Louise

• 04-03-2010 5:30 AM In reply to

Still not quite sure what you have. Can we concentrate just on the room with the TV and Beomaster in it. The link rooms are, I am sure, a red herring. 

What do you have connected speaker wise to the Beomaster and is there any speaker at all attached to the BV7 or is it just the screen? I take it the MCL2A is in another room all together?

• 04-03-2010 5:35 AM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

Hi Louise,

please dont cut any wires, disconnecting them should be sufficent ... ;-)

Many questions answered, but still no information about the location

of the MCL 2A  (X-tra speaker kit passive 2047 with rectangular IR receiver ??? )

mentioned in your first posting:

" 2) To Beomaster 4500 is linked 2 Beolab CX 100 via MCL 2A  (old link protocol) "

• 04-03-2010 5:56 AM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

Louise Scheele:

The BLB2000 and the BV32 is connected by each their own 1611.

only ONE converter 1611 should be used in a system, the ML cables should be distributed by a junctinon box,
    preferably the large version B&O ItemNr 3375189
    or, if you prefer factory made standard ML cables by a ML distributor box B&O ItemNr  3634001  

• 04-03-2010 9:09 AM In reply to

Room with tv and beomaster:

1) Beomaster 4500 sw 2.1 two way

2) 4500 CD player

3) 2 Beolab cx 100 connected to avtive output socket in Beomaster 4500

4) Beovision 7-32 with no dedicated speaker of any kind - the concept was to be able to afford the  Bv7-32 without the very expensive 7-1 or 7-4 and then use the Beomaster deliver sound through its speaker

5) All link speakers are ir-wise lighttyear away

Only - I have tried 20 other combinations - option combination that gives me tv sound is BM4500 AND tv in option 2

Thank you very much for your help, Peter. Sorry for being so difficult. You must be giggeling thinking "this is why b&o is for men and not female nurses". But thanks for your time - greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Louise

• 04-03-2010 9:15 AM In reply to

Dear Vienna

Interesting! According to the ML-handbook it is no problem. And the are parallel connected to the datalink connection.

Anyway - I followed your advice and removed the other 1611 to check. unfortunately it did not solve the problem. But I would be very interested in a link to your information so I also can learn

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards

Louise

• 04-03-2010 10:25 AM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

1611 ... complex and "non standard" setups should allways be kept as simple as possible, especially during testing ...

on the assumption that:

- your BM 4500 is in A.Opt 2
    - no further IR reciver in your main room exept the ones in the TV and the BM
      (your Set Top Box is also operated/controlled via the IR of the BV !)

Try to set your BV 7-32 to V.Opt 4 - "Link Option"
    (recent TVs offer this option - but I'm not shure if the Mk1 already supports it)

If your BV confirms by a twinkle of its LED - BINGO!

Result should be:
    pressing command "LINK" followed by a button for "any video source" for turning on / off
    and changing the source should to get the picture -

pressing the button for "any video source" on your Beo4 should bring the sound to your
    speakers and "step" or "numbers" should change the channels ...

• 04-03-2010 10:46 AM In reply to

Dear Vienna

Great idea. I tried it out. I could change the BV to option 4, but it did not respond accordingly (it is a mk1) - I tried with a Beo4 and Beolink 1000, but alas.

However, good thinking - if I could make it work like that I would be very happy.

Kind regards

Louise

• 04-03-2010 10:51 AM In reply to

Dear Vienna

"(your Set Top Box is also operated/controlled via the IR of the BV !)" - my STB is a Triax 409 which has its own IR-eye which does not receives commands from the BV as it is not supported by the BV. The STB controlles the BV via a Scart cable.

Kind regards

Louise

• 04-03-2010 10:55 AM In reply to

Just ran your system through the Product Configuration Guide. It suggests option 1 for both the 4500 and BV7. You would then use the AV button to get TV sound. Have you downloaded the PCG? You enter your system and it tells you how to set it up. It only runs on Windows - just had to use Boot camp for the first time this year!!Laughing

• 04-03-2010 11:01 AM In reply to

dear peter

yes, i have the guide and followed its direction (as my first attempt in vain)

but thank you for trying

best regards

louise

• 04-03-2010 11:28 AM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

Dear Louise

at the moment, as Peter mentioned V.Opt 1 / A.Opt 1 and pressing "AV" to get the sound is the only solution

But, having to press "AV" all the time cannot be regarded as satisfactory solution anyway ... 

The only "nice to operate" configuration will be: get a second hand MCL2P Poweramp, a ML/MCL-Converter or a ML-Passive, connect it through a fully mounted PL-Cable to your TV and connect your CXs to the Amp.

• 04-03-2010 11:55 AM In reply to

Just tried it. No sound. Not even if I manually pressed aux on the Beomaster4500.

But thank you for still trying to help me.

Louise

• 04-03-2010 11:58 AM In reply to

Dear Vienna

That answer gives me gose bumps after all the existing wiring jobs and the investments...

...I pray to the Lord that there exists an easier solution than that.

Ypurs sincerely

Louise

• 04-03-2010 12:54 PM In reply to

Dear Vienna - and the rest of you

I would very much like to keep my physical setup - i.e. no re-wiring, no moving of speakers, no procuring of expensive concererts and so forth.

Could this work: I have the physical diagram for the BM 4500. I am considering asking my neighbor who is an electronic technician to construct the following: a relae (switch) that turns of the outgoing IR-diode in the BM4500 when any in-going activity is registered on the in-going datalink connection. And vice versa - when no in-going activity on the datalink connection the out-going IR-diode should be turned on again.

Or is this just a depressive distortion?

Louise

• 04-03-2010 1:37 PM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Nice idea. But I`m afraid rewiring your whole house would be easier.....

There is one question I have:

You said , you have linked your BV7 via a BL converter to the BM4500.

"Beovision and Beomaster are linked: Beomaster - datalink - 1611 converter - masterlink Beovision"

AND your BL2000 is connected via a second BL converter to the same BM4500

"3) To Beomaster 4500 is linked Beolab 2000 via 1611 converter"

So you have two AUDIO AUX LINK cables to one Beomaster (???):

"The BLB2000 and the BV32 is connected by each their own 1611."

But the BM4500 has just a single AUDIO AUX LINK plug. How did you do that?

Why not try : BM4500 - AUDIO AUX LINK - BL converter - ML cable - ML junction box  split - 2x ML cable BV7-32/BL2000 ??

The only thing you need to buy is a cheap ML junction box....and you save a BL converter.

And I`m sure this setup would work. I had a similiar setup some years ago with a BV7-40 MKII, BS7000 two way, BL2000/3500 and some MCL2As connected to the BM7000. 

Stefan

• 04-03-2010 1:54 PM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

Dear Louise,

A.OPT1 / V.OPT1 + "AV" is not working

One last attempt ...

What command are you using to turn on your STB ?
    Is "SAT" or "V.MEM/V.TAPE" or "V.AUX" ? Can you chose which command starts the STB?

- If there is a choice in your STB for the starting command - assign the command "V.TAPE" or "SAT"

- Go to the connections / sockets menu of your BV and make a note / a picture of your current config 
      (all settings of all AV inputs to be able to restore your setup easily)

- Set all AV inputs in the BV7 menu to "none" exept the one you use for your STB
    - Assign the same command as chosen in your STB - "V.TAPE" or "SAT" to that AV input.

Start your STB by "V.TAPE" (V.MEM on newer Beo4) or "SAT" to get the picture
    Start the sound by "AV" followed by "V.Tape" or "SAT"

If, for whatever reason, this does not work - set the A.OPT and V.OPT  back to 2 (you mentioned, you are getting
    the sound this way) - reduce the size of the IR outlet provisionally using some cardboard & tape.

Buy this IR Damper ItemNr 3160078 (black plastic cap) used in B&O Shops for a few DKK

And,  in the meantime - Happy Easter

• 04-04-2010 5:01 AM In reply to

Good idea. Unfotunately the bm4500 also reacts on a "v-tape"-command

however, I think your suggestion on getting an ir-damper and the solution I will end up using: cheap, easy and intuitive. Good thinking.

Thank you very much, indeed.

Kind regards

Louise

Page 1 of 2 (29 items) 1 2 Next >